Animated Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I've owned the two of them for about a month now. Blackarachnia is currently posed riding Oil Slick, but she spent a lot of time hanging from my coffee table in spider mode. The transformation is simple but the figure is still tons of fun, especially with the grappling hook.

Ratchet on the other hand has been sitting in behind my other figures on my computer desk, untouched, for the last three weeks or so. Not much about him that makes me want to pick him up.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I happen to love the Activators so far. BB is excellent (save for crappy hands) and Starscream is very fun.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

I got Animated 'Bee and Jazz today. Bumblebee, to put it in one word, is cute! His coupe mode is extremely cute, and his robot mode is pretty cute as well! Except for his stingers. Like every other Animated Bumblebee so far, they don't fold away all the way. There's a couple of excess bits of plastic just beside the hinge that prevents the stingers from folding completely away. I may have to fix that... Jazz on the other hand, is awesome in ways only a ninja can!:D He can go from "Just chillin'" to "Bludgeon would be impressed" in just a few moves!
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Got Soundwave today. He is pure love. We need more TFs with guitars...It would be cool if we got his minions as other instruments (Ravage as a keyboard, Rumble and Frenzy as amps).
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Got a complete set of the wave 1 figures that were released in the UK. Do like Bulkhead and Bumblebee and Lockdown is surprisingly tall for a deluxe figure. Play.com have voyager Op Prime in stock as well as leader Megs which are on the list for my next purchase. Very much wanting the Dino's, Jazz, Magnus and Soundwave though.
Got house bills to pay this month so gotta wait for a bit until I can get some more :(
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Got deluxe wave 4 today, voyager Grimlock, Starscream and Lugnut, Cybertron Optimus and Ultra Magnus. Based on a couple of transformations each:

Grimlock: One of my favourites, smooth transformation and fantastic articulation all over. The arms aren't as much a pain as I thought they'd be. Leaps and bounds better than Henkei\Classics Grimlock.

Cybertron Mode Optimus: Another gem, very articulated robot mode. Love the articulation on the arms but not how they transform.

Deluxe Jazz: Not bad but nothing new.

Deluxe Sentinel Prime: Besides some glue still left on parts and his waist pin not pushed in all the way, he's not bad. A swivel on the elbows would help tremendously though, and more stable feet.

Deluxe Swoop: Worst of the bunch, not really liking him.

Deluxe Elite Guard Bumblebee: Pretty cool, nice car mode and balanced robot mode. Do like him better with the black helmet, wouldn't have it any other way.

Voyager SS: Nifty automated transformation, cool articulation. Not as hard to get back to jet mode as I read.

Voyager Lugnut: Height didn't bother me as much as I thought it would but I dislike the slamming down on the pole. I snapped a piece of whilst doing it, plugged it right back in but still not my cup of tea. The actual figure is top-notch.

Ultra Magnus: Very cool transformation on the legs, quite bothersome on the arms. Very solid in either mode, if not a bit back heavy in robot mode.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

You got Magnus already? Lucky!

So why don't you like Swoop?
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Heh, didn't like Swoop because I was too much in a hurry to unpack them all to spend any significant amount of time with any of them. After pegging the robot arms on the wings in beast mode, and finally transforming the arms correctly in robot mode [all exposed ball joints should be facing the body] I'm perfectly happy with him and want Snarl as well.

On a side note, the ball joints on the shoulders of Cybertron mode Prime have got to be the stiffest joints I've ever come across; can't say it enough but there are terrific figures!
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Detective Barricade

Grimlock - It's hard to tell that he has a robot mode, except for the huge gaping opening on the chest that leaves the robot head exposed. I had to break the glue on his thighs/biceps to get the legs to retract. The robot mode looks very brutish, which suits him nicely! Unfortunately, I think the screw in his right elbow is stripped, as it doesn't tighten and feels looser than the left. I tried the "Removable jet of fire breath" (stick the sword in his mouth and hope for the best), and it is positively stupid.:nonono:

Slag (Snarl) - Lovable Dino mode! The robot mode takes some work to get it to look right, but is full of personality!:D He may be smaller than Bumblebee, but then 'Bee can't whack Decepticons around with a giant Cheeto of DOOM, now can he?;) And he's tougher looking than other Deluxe figures!
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

Got Snarl as a gift. I'm kind of glad I didn't actually pay $10 for this. Somehow I didn't think the chest actually stuck out THAT far. And I guess it's been so long since I watched Sean Long's review that I forgot just how poor the articulation was. It's cute, I'll fiddle with it every now and then, but...meh. Nice of my friend to give it to me nonetheless.
Detective Barricade

It can be fiddled with to make it not stick out as far. But I love the little Triceratops with the giant Cheeto of DOOM!:D
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gareth Infinity

Yeah, Cheeto, heh...the humor of having such a weapon makes it a little better.

And, since posting earlier today, the little guy has grown on me somewhat. Almost think it would've been worth the purchase, ALMOST.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Picked up Snarl. His robot mode's not so good, but the triceratops mode is quite nice. I'll be keeping him in that mode from now on.

Heh. Cheeto of doom. Wonder what happened to the black paint apps from the card art.

Speaking of cheetos and fire: ever held one over a lighter? Produces a lot of water . . . I was bored one day so I played with my lighter.
Detective Barricade

RID Scourge wrote:Picked up Snarl. His robot mode's not so good, but the triceratops mode is quite nice. I'll be keeping him in that mode from now on.

Heh. Cheeto of doom. Wonder what happened to the black paint apps from the card art.
Probably the same thing that happens to the rest of the paint aps that are shown on stock photos of other figures, but don't appear on the final product. I think I could take a picture of how the Dino head and neck should sit in robot, if anyone's interested or cares.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gareth Infinity

Detective Barricade wrote:I think I could take a picture of how the Dino head and neck should sit in robot, if anyone's interested or cares.
I'm pretty curious, but I won't rush you. :)
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

I want Blitzwing so bad... he looks awesome! Too bad that the cannons don't fold over his shoulders though.

I have really come to dislike Prowl, the mold that is, the legs fall off every time I convert him, the head gets stuck in his chest, he won't stay standing in robot or vehical mode, and I practically have to break his legs to get his throwing stars off.

He does look cool standing next to Jazz though.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Catalyst Dragon wrote:I want Blitzwing so bad... he looks awesome! Too bad that the cannons don't fold over his shoulders though.

I have really come to dislike Prowl, the mold that is, the legs fall off every time I convert him, the head gets stuck in his chest, he won't stay standing in robot or vehical mode, and I practically have to break his legs to get his throwing stars off.

He does look cool standing next to Jazz though.
I find the opposite hold true for me. My Prowl stan up and fits together very well and the throwing stars come off well also, strange.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Yeah, I think I just got a bad mold...
Currently I have Jazz riding Prowl, with Jazz holding the light post faced off against Blackarachnia(in spider mode) reared up on her back four legs.

I think I'm gonna keep it like this for awhile.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

My Prowl also has trouble standing in robot mode; his head getting stuck is new, though.

A few applications of nail-polish should tighten his legs up nicely. It worked wonderfully on mine.
Detective Barricade

How Me Slag Can Look Better!

Gareth Infinity wrote:I'm pretty curious, but I won't rush you. :)
Very well, here they are!

Instructions' method.

The better method.

How it's done. (section is lifted out to show it better)

If a mod doesn't like how I've done this post, they or I can just leave the links up. I found out how to do this from a person on TFormers.com, so I can't claim credit for figuring this out. The pictures provided here are mine.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]