Animated Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Depends on which way you view it. I take it in relation to me.

Where's everyone getting wave 2/3? i've only seen wave 1. :wtf:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Depends on which way you view it. I take it in relation to me.

Where's everyone getting wave 2/3? i've only seen wave 1. :wtf:
I though you talking in Megatron's direction. :O

I know wave 2 has been released here in Canada, Quebec but haven't any wave 3 yet.
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

I was informed of Leaders Megatron and Bulkhead appearing at my local Wal-Mart, one a piece. I've been sure that I'd stay away from Bulkhead, and actively seek Megs. Taking care of another mission of mine, I spotted Megatron at a TRU and picked it up there.

He's a tad bit smaller than I expected, but I'm not gonna make a fuss about that. Everything is just as great about this figure as I had hoped. At first I was upset to discover a very droopy rotor blade but this became an easily avoided problem.

After picking him up (but before taking him home) I headed to Wal-Mart anyways. Now that I've seen Leader Bulkhead in person, I simply must have him! Ahhh!
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

I'm going to be sucker and get all three Animated Leaders.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

I've got Jazz, and the DVD boxed set thingy.

Jazz: I like both his modes, I was able to get him in a High kick pose that looks badass. It amazes me how such a small car mode turns into a decently tall bot mode, he's taller than any of my Classics series deluxes.

I don't really like the Optimus and Megatron figures in the box set.
For one Megatron's too small, and his legs are so loose that I constantly find him doing the splitz!
Optimus should have been in his Cybertron truck form and not the earth truck.
The placement of the axe in vehical mode is inventive but dumb looking.

The DVD isn't even the entire Pilot Episode!! what sorta crap is that!

Oh and my Wal-mart still only has Lugnut! They have 20 of him... but only him!
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Gareth_Infinity wrote:After picking him up (but before taking him home) I headed to Wal-Mart anyways. Now that I've seen Leader Bulkhead in person, I simply must have him! Ahhh!
Yes, someone finally agrees with me!
Detective Barricade wrote:I'm going to be sucker and get all three Animated Leaders.
Me too. When waves 2 & 3 arrive in the craphole i live in.
Catalyst Dragon wrote:I've got Jazz,
WTF did u get him? (i mean 'where')
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gareth Infinity

Leader Megatron has flip-down landing gear under the nose of the vehicle, but it can only be flipped out completely if you have the cannon part removed (if you turn the cannon to the side, it can come out partially, but not enough to touch the ground), and that makes the underside look ridiculous.

I don't mind not being able to use it, because the wheels on the cannon work just fine, but I think it's a bit odd, if not altogether silly. Does anyone have a use for that landing gear?
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Hasbro does. One extra feature to put okn the box to attract sukkers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gareth Infinity

An interesting idea. If only they actually put it on the box.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Damn it! I was hoping no one would notice that. You're smarter than i thought. ;)

Prolly to make sure there was enough room for the tri-lingual version.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gareth Infinity

Heheh. I am young but not stupid. Well not always.

Tri-lingual version, ha. Right!
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Gareth_Infinity wrote:Heheh. I am young but not stupid. Well not always.

Tri-lingual version, ha. Right!
Basically my mirror image, just not reversed.

Oh, and Hasbro would do something as dumb as that (or dumber).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Which goes along with Rachet NOT having his Magnetic Pincers!

What a jip, they give him all these tools that you hardly ever see him use, but his main weapon, that he uses 2-3 times an episode, gets left out!?...

Well I guess thats not exactly like a useless landing gear but whatever...
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Oh, and Hasbro would do something as dumb as that (or dumber).
Catalyst Dragon wrote:Which goes along with Rachet NOT having his Magnetic Pincers!

What a jip, they give him all these tools that you hardly ever see him use, but his main weapon, that he uses 2-3 times an episode, gets left out!?...

Well I guess thats not exactly like a useless landing gear but whatever...
I'd say that fits in the latter category.

Oh, and the landing gear having to be used only when the cannon is removed may be because of Hasbro feeling they needed to keep an ounce of realism. What Osprey has a Huge-@$$ cannon on the front. (Then again, the first few ideas seemed more plausible) ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gareth Infinity

I just saw my very first Voyager Prime at an Ohio Wal-Mart. I didn't plan on buying this guy but since he's so hard to find and he looks so nice in person, I just had to (Leader Bulkhead will have to wait). The vehicle mode is smaller than I expected, but, again, whatever. It has a nice feel in the hand and looks pretty good, probably more so without the "trailer".

The robot mode is...honestly, a little mediocre, but not really bad by any stretch. And, it's Prime. It'll be neat to put him next to my other Primes (of which I do not have nearly enough...it's embarrassing, being the noob that I am).

One issue is the Automorph. Unlike Starscream's, this one worries me. I felt like I was going to break it putting it back into vehicle mode. Plus, because of this Automorph, the waist is naturally loose as hell. EDIT: Inspecting it more closely, the waist joint and the rotational joint for the Automorph are not one and the same. The waist is loose on its own.

Overall, he's neat, but to be honest I'm not sure if he's $20 worth of neat. Time will tell.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Got Blitzwing, he has an early release as expected. Also bought Oil Slick, Soundwave and Snag (Snarl/Slag).

Haven't opened Snag or Oil Slick yet, but they looks promising.

See my Soundwave review and (upcoming) Blitzwing review for comments.

Actually, I saw a couple of Voyager Prime. They finally got released, yay. Also saw Lug Nut, Jazz and Grimlock, but I'm not picking up Grimlock or Jazz. So Lug Nut it is!
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Hey guys, if I were to get one Animated figure, which should it be?

To be honest I like Megs. Which should it be? I don't like the chopper mode alot, doesn't really fit him in my opinion, but I'm open to suggestions. I hear Leader is way better than Voyager.

Also, what do you all think of the double movie BB pack? I've always wanted the concept camaro BB but there are two problems here. One, this is the Battle Damaged version, and I'm worried what kind of differences there are. Also, I hear the classics camaro BB is awful.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Vincent wrote:Hey guys, if I were to get one Animated figure, which should it be?

To be honest I like Megs. Which should it be? I don't like the chopper mode alot, doesn't really fit him in my opinion, but I'm open to suggestions. I hear Leader is way better than Voyager.

Also, what do you all think of the double movie BB pack? I've always wanted the concept camaro BB but there are two problems here. One, this is the Battle Damaged version, and I'm worried what kind of differences there are. Also, I hear the classics camaro BB is awful.
If it has to be megs, get Leader. The Osprey is far superior to the...whatever that thing is that the voyager turns in to. Also, Megs Fusion cannon is s*** on Voyager, having to include the blade gimmick, but the leader's can fire. Leader also allows you to remove the cannon (I know voyager can, but it's not meant to) and it isn't always loose. And teh swords OWN.

What's wrong with the battle damaged version? aside from silver splotches on the car, there's basically no difference..

I wouldn't say that the 74' camaro is awful, but it isn't great either. It gets a 'meh' from me, and i doubt it's going to get any better. The 2 pack version has the auto morph fixed, so those problems shouldn't worry you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Cool, so the double BB is a must-have?
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Vincent wrote:Hey guys, if I were to get one Animated figure, which should it be?
If you are looking at the deluxe class, I'd say Lockdown, he has very cool design and very neat transformation. Voyager I'd say Starscream, but I'm a bit biased as I am an admitted Starscream fan in all the fiction (except fan fiction that is). Leader class I'd say Megatron at this point. The figure has only a few small issues with articulation in his legs, other than that a fantastic figure.