Animated Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Bulkhead will only be too large to display if you can't display something of a Voyager size or bigger. (about 8") He's definitely bulky, but not really tall. By comparison, L. Bulkhead stares into Cybertron Leader Megatron's cockpit with both figures at full height. But do get him! You can then decide what you want to do with the extra pinkish piece of plastic that's included with him, AKA the Headmaster unit!;)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Starfield
Protoform

Firetruk

Post by Starfield »

Is Prime ever going to get a firetruck rear accessory? Does he need one?
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Technically he doesn't even use the firetruck unit in the show. He usually carries a different trailer depending on the situation.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

I just got my first Animated toy. Prowl, and he is *awesome*.

Though I CAN'T transform him back into bike mode! Can anyone help?

EDIT: I really like this toy, but I can't figure out who to get next. How's Voyager Starscream?
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Turn his waist around. Odds are you are using the wrong legs.
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

Vincent wrote: I really like this toy, but I can't figure out who to get next. How's Voyager Starscream?
Voyager Starscream is great, but I know some people who don't like it because it's almost completely Automorph-based.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

If you thought Voyager Starscream was automorph, you won't like Activators Starscream. Who is full of Win, I might add.

I got Animated Leader Megatron. That Is one seriously kick ass toy.
Come on and wind me up.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I ALMOST got Activators BB today, but I decided to save my money and wait to find a Tankor instead.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Well, I can't blame you for wanting a classi- uh Universe toy, but Activators Starscream is so cool I'm thinking of buying an army of them and painting them like the clones.
Come on and wind me up.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

another tf fan wrote:Well, I can't blame you for wanting a classi- uh Universe toy, but Activators Starscream is so cool I'm thinking of buying an army of them and painting them like the clones.
Agreed. I'm going to skip making Thundercracker though considering an offical release is coming.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I was unaware of the upcoming thundercracker. is it a voyager?
Come on and wind me up.
Gareth Infinity

another tf fan wrote:If you thought Voyager Starscream was automorph, you won't like Activators Starscream. Who is full of Win, I might add.
Agreed. Activators Starscream is great. Just wish the legs would stay put better in jet mode, and that the ball-jointed neck was more versatile. He can either look slightly to the side, or twist his neck just too far to that same side; there's no in-between range and it's frustrating.
another tf fan wrote:I was unaware of the upcoming thundercracker. is it a voyager?
No, Activator.

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/animat ... cker-1829/

And, similar to how I've been reminded before, that was found by way of this site's checklist.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Just got Prowl, Love him except for his legs when transforming.
The right leg keeps falling off!
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Gareth Infinity wrote:Ah, I see. Yeah I remember reading before about your love for Leader Bulkhead (and Megs). But to be completely honest I think the next $40 I end up with will be saved and go towards this (WARNING: spoiler-ish Evangelion-related picture)

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk20 ... 680_04.jpg
Actually, if you painted that purple, and enlarged the plate things at the shoulders, you could get a pretty good Vehicon Jetstorm. Yeah, Scrap BH. Though i'll still beat the living s*** out of ya.;)
another tf fan wrote:Well, I can't blame you for wanting a classi- uh Universe toy, but Activators Starscream is so cool I'm thinking of buying an army of them and painting them like the clones.
Already working on it. G1 coloured SS, check TC, Check, Sunstorm, Check.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

if I decide to get another Animated toy, it'll be a tie between Magnus or Sidecar Armor Prowl, since I loved the entire Samurai armor he had while working with Lockdown....
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Gareth Infinity

Haven't been here in a while...bought my first Animated toy in a good while, Oil Slick. Fun stuff. Let down only slightly by the arm articulation, but overall very pleased.

Going after the rest of Wave 3 next, even though I didn't originally plan on Soundwave and Snarl.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

I have to ask, but WHEN ARE WE GETTING OMEGA SUPREME?

It's not my fault. It's the cartoon's. They made him look too awesome, and though I'm not a fan of big sizes I'm willing to dish out the cash for whatever size he'll be in.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Vincent wrote:I have to ask, but WHEN ARE WE GETTING OMEGA SUPREME?

It's not my fault. It's the cartoon's. They made him look too awesome, and though I'm not a fan of big sizes I'm willing to dish out the cash for whatever size he'll be in.
I've been asking that for awhile too. It'll be one of the most accurate G1 incarnations since Rumble_Frenzy made his! I love his version too, made me wish I had thought of that!:clap:
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Picked up Voyager Prime at Target on Sunday. I love him! I just can't put him down. He looks so badass with his faceplate up, his axe and water cannon on his back, and the 2-pack axe in his hand. He is quite possibly my favorite out of the Optimus toys I own.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Got my first animated figure today, deluxe Lockdown [yeah, pretty late into the game]. Very cool, nifty transformation and a surprisingly poseable robot mode. Left leg pops off the ball joint regularly but it can be remedied. Love the double elbow joints.

Onwards for more!
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.