Animated Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Starscream is excellent! I initially wasn't planning on buying him, but that changed after watching "Mission Accomplished"! Seeing him attack Megatron again and again, and being tossed off the cliff again and again really sold him to me! If you're the sort who like a challenge and hate simplicity, you'll LOATHE 'Screamer. He basically transforms to robot all by himself, with some minor adjusting in between. His feet are what Classics Jetfire's feet should have been!:D I'd go on about this guy, but this clearly isn't the place for reviews, and I'm starting to do that now, somehow...;) And Leader Megatron is WIN in physical Animated form, from what I can tell.:D
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I just picked up Blackarachnia yesterday, they had sold out of Ratchets the day before sadly.

BA is a pretty nice figure. The spider mode is a little small, but the robot mode looks very nice. Also, I like her grappling hook feature. And her "spider spikes" look pretty deadly in robot mode.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

I got Ratchet and Grimlock at Target today.Ratchet is a decent figure.He comes with some accessory tools you can attached to his hands,you get for what you pay for.Grimlock is my first dinosaur transformer and I really enjoy him even though he has funky arms.Love his energo sword.:D I think they made him a bit over priced,about $15 wouldv'e been better but I'm still happy.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Detective Barricade wrote: And Leader Megatron is WIN in physical Animated form, from what I can tell.:D
I got one. F***ING AWESOME!

Is it just me, or are the Animated formers easier to transform, than the movie tfs? Maybe we'll get legends that actually mimic the big version?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Detective Barricade

Here's a comparison: Movie Voyager Starscream's body forms when the cockpit is pulled back. Animated Starscream transforms almost completely by rotating the waist assembly over to the front.:eek: I didn't even bother with the instructions when transforming Lockdown or Starscream for the first time! With several of the Movie figures, I had to use the instructions to see :wtf: I was doing (Leader Megatron's instructions are GARBAGE for converting his legs or putting the fusion cannon together!:rant: Actually, very few of the Movie figures' instructions are really all that helpful...)! The Animated line seems meant for it's target market of 5-11 year olds with it's show accuracy and simplicity, as opposed to the Movie line with it's complex conversions.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

mininova.org is better than youtube if you want to watch the show. Though you're better off finding out the name of the episode (via wikipedia) than entering the number in the search box.

I've been reading the reactions to the Animated toyline in the thread on seibertron.com and it seems none of them are positive, which is odd considering how different it is here in this thread. Most complained of how "loose" the toys are, sometimes not able to even stand up.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Vincent wrote:Most complained of how "loose" the toys are, sometimes not able to even stand up.
I have them all and can honestly say not a single figure feels "loose" or is unable to stand on its own. They all stand very well actually.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The Animated line has not appeared where I live. You guys in UK and US are so lucky, you get these toys first.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

And AUS, and Asia, thank you very much.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Detective Barricade

Kali wrote:I have them all and can honestly say not a single figure feels "loose" or is unable to stand on its own. They all stand very well actually.
They feel lighter than Movie figures of the same size, but it's not "cheap" plastic at all. My KO Devastator knows all about "cheap" plastic...:(:mad: And Voyager Starscream's feet are attached by a ball joint, allowing for a wide range of poses, many of which are quite stable.:D Problems are bound to eventually show up with any mass-produced item, but there are also ways to fix some problems.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Not all Asia, mind you. By the time Saudi Arabia gets Wave 1 of any line it had already ended in the rest of the world.

Regarding the Animated toys problem, there was enough negative reaction to warrant an article on the main page of Seibertron on how to fix this. hmmm
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Vincent wrote:Regarding the Animated toys problem, there was enough negative reaction to warrant an article on the main page of Seibertron on how to fix this. hmmm
That article simply consists of well known fixes to problems with loose ball/ratchet joints, that every TF line since G2 has had some issues here and there with. This isn't a reason to get all bent out of shape, the only other things mentioned in that article are not "fixes" but modifications that people have begun making. I wouldn't call an article full of modifications and "drip some super glue on the joint" a huge negative reaction that means massive qc problems.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Got the Prime Vs. Megatron pack today at a TRU. Could've bought Bumblebee, Cybertron Prime, Prowl, and Lockdown (I think), but decided to wait since somebody's sure to get me a TRU gift card for my upcoming birthday.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Vincent wrote:Not all Asia, mind you. By the time Saudi Arabia gets Wave 1 of any line it had already ended in the rest of the world.
Does that mean G1 is still on shelves? I need to get there fast. :lol:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Still fiddling with Animated Prime. That's a good thing. Means he's a keeper. :)
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Does that mean G1 is still on shelves? I need to get there fast.
:lol: If only.
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

So far I have the two-pack, Prowl, and Lockdown.

Two-pack Prime and Megs are both sweet, but Prime a little sweeter because of the superior vehicle mode. Megatron's legs have the better articulation in my opinion; I prefer the rotation above the knee rather than below (Prime has it below).

Prowl is awesome. The hips were somewhat loose but easily fixed.

I would be just as in love with Lockdown, but my numerous attempts to correct the fact that his right leg falls off if you even touch the figure have resulted in me completely ruining the right hip. I'll have to buy a new one eventually and see if I get lucky. In good working condition, Lockdown would be great. For the time being I do still love looking at his vehicle mode, where he's going to stay.

Probably getting some extra cash soon, if it's enough for a Voyager, I'm going to be arguing with myself for a long, long time in the store, trying to figure out if I should go for Megatron or Starscream. I wasn't so sure I'd even be considering Starscream but once I saw how the paint and everything looks in person, I was in love with the jet mode. Though I'm still not too excited about the robot mode. Megatron is the opposite; the robot mode looks great, though the vehicle mode is of course a bit strange. If anything, I'm sure the alt mode was pulled off better in the Voyager size than in the Deluxe size, as many of you have said. Now, if only Grimlock was available (I haven't seen any of him yet, nor any Lugnuts), that would be another worthy option.

So far as my next Deluxe, since neither Jazz nor Oil Slick are out yet, it's really a choice between several mediocre-looking figures. All I know is, definitely not Blackarachnia.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Gareth_Infinity wrote:I would be just in love with Lockdown, but my numerous attempts to correct the fact that his right leg falls off if you even touch the figure have resulted in me completely ruining the right hip. I'll have to buy a new one eventually and see if I get lucky. In good working condition, Lockdown would be great. For the time being I do still love looking at his vehicle mode, where he's going to stay.

Probably getting some extra cash soon, if it's enough for a Voyager, I'm going to be arguing with myself for a long, long time in the store, trying to figure out if I should go for Megatron or Starscream. I wasn't so sure I'd even be considering Starscream but once I saw how the paint and everything looks in person, I was in love with the jet mode. Though I'm still not too excited about the robot mode. Megatron is the opposite; the robot mode looks great, though the vehicle mode is of course a bit strange. If anything, I'm sure the alt mode was pulled off better in the Voyager size than in the Deluxe size, as many of you have said. Now, if only Grimlock was available (I haven't seen any of him yet, nor any Lugnuts), that would be another worthy option.
You will be disappointed with yet another bad leg on a Lockdown, i think.

Oh, and get Screamer. Megs...wait for leader.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

Yeah...I've seen just as many people complain about the leg problem as I have seen people say he's great, and realistically it's hardly worth another $10 (Edit: priced at $10.99, came out more like $12) at a time when I'll hardly have it to spare, considering just how much it would piss me off to get another bum one.

Leader Megatron does look very nice, though more for the vehicle mode than the robot. I really like the bright white of Voyager Megs and I remember a gallery of the robot mode showing off some great poses. I'll probably be picking both it and the Leader class up, but for now I probably will end up going for Screamer.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Grabbed Big Grim tonight. I like him. Like Prime he's bulky, which is what I expect for those two characters. Didn't think I'd like the style, but definitely like those two figures.