Want More Masterpiece Transformers

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

Cliffjumper wrote:Yeh, recommendations would depend highly on whether you like retro, boxy stuff or sleeker Anime/Gundam-style thingies. For the first one, Voltes V, Combattra and the new God Mars are all gorgeous.
To tell the truth, I really don't know anything about good old robo/mecha stuff from Japan aside from the names of a few iconic figures. I prefer the blocky stuff, if that's what you consider Zambot or Iron Gear, which are two possiblities I'm considering. Also, God Mars looks amazing! It has to be the best gestalt (is that proper outside of TF?) I've ever seen.
~
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Vin Ghostal wrote:If we insist on more Masterpiece releases, I'd like to see a high-quality version of the following:

Cyclonus (an amazing character who deserves such treatment)
You know, I hadn't thought of Cyclonus, but that would be a good idea.
StryderK
Protoform

Post by StryderK »

Soundwave wrote:I would loveto see a Soundwave as a Masterpiece and any others so concur with this thread. I have the MP Megatron and he is very cool ...even though i can not for the life of me fully transform him to gun mode but thats ok.
ROFLMAO!!!

He CAN indeed transform to an oversized Walther P-38 (about 1.3 larger than the real thing). However, it's almost insane how some of the parts twists and join together! This is the reason why whenever there is a "What is the toughest transformer to transforn"Topic comes up, MP-05 Megatron is at the top of the list!

Just to let you know, I was able to succeed in transforming my Meg.....It only took 1 hour and 45 minutes for the first time when I did it! and another 45 minutes to get him back to robot mode!
SWMBO just discovered I preordered MP-20 Wheeljack, MP-21 Bumblebee and MP-22 Ultra Magnus perfect edition for almost $300 = My butt goes on the couch for another week...or two..........or.........three!!!!!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Ostentatious wrote:It has to be the best gestalt (is that proper outside of TF?) I've ever seen.
'Snot really a term inside TF, just a fan-ism ;)... officially they were always combiners or Special Teams, IIRC, if anything. I'm not sure if they're even gestalts in the real use of the word as generally they're not so much a composite of the individual minds, but a 6ht/7th distinct personality (e.g. the Constructicons are all smart, capable individuals, but the combined form is dumber than any of them and possesses none of their skills really). God Mars is a combining mecha, in that the little red chap (piloted by a kid named Takeru) controls the whole thing... IIRC (not seen much of the actual cartoon) the individual robots don't have pilots, but aren't exactly sentient - they're programmed bodyguards for Takeru, capable of a little individual behaviour but generally just following his lead or protecting him. [/waffle]
Angelic Knight

Post by Angelic Knight »

Ditto on Soundwave. Hot Rod/Rodimus is a must.

How about Masterpiece Fort Max? Mwahahahaha. :swirly:
My very, very random personal forums:
www.jameswebsite.net
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

What about Masterpiece Trypticon?

Devastator?

How about Masterpiece Whee- uh, maybe not...;)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I can haz Masterpiece Optimal Optimus?
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Detective Barricade wrote:What about Masterpiece Trypticon?

Devastator?

How about Masterpiece Whee- uh, maybe not...;)
this is as masterpeice as Wheelie gets.
http://jizaitoys.seesaa.net/article/34599110.html