Classics Ultra Magnus Armor | UPDATE: Shadow Commander Armor Up For Pre-Order at BBTS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

One strange and possible very, very stupid question but i am to young to know (15 years old) But why did they give Nemesis Prime Ultra Magnus armor??? I mean has he taken over Ultra Magnus in G1 or something like that. What I also just can't understand is the reason why Magnus is getting a bloody big and ugly cannon which i've never seen before. Also that sword of Nemesis Prime is just stupid. I know this reason (RID Scource) but still I don't like it...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Rattrap's tail wrote:But why did they give Nemesis Prime Ultra Magnus armor??? I mean has he taken over Ultra Magnus in G1 or something like that.
Presumably they needed a recolour to make the mould viable, and it was either this or some sort of Super Prime.
What I also just can't understand is the reason why Magnus is getting a bloody big and ugly cannon which i've never seen before.
Because it forms part of the vehicle mode. Have you even looked at the pictures?
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

[

Because it forms part of the vehicle mode. Have you even looked at the pictures?[/QUOTE]

Yes I did. That's the main reason that I don't understand the cannon. If I am
right the original one didn't have this gun because he could transport tree of hs fellows with it and still form that Superrobot mode. I think its a bit sad if you just gonna need a gun that doesn't fit at all to form his trailer.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Rattrap's tail wrote:[

Because it forms part of the vehicle mode. Have you even looked at the pictures?

Yes I did. That's the main reason that I don't understand the cannon. If I am
right the original one didn't have this gun because he could transport tree of hs fellows with it and still form that Superrobot mode. I think its a bit sad if you just gonna need a gun that doesn't fit at all to form his trailer.
agreed. mine won't support the BFG without propping it up with something else (in either of it's gun modes), and my magnus' joints are pretty decent. mine makes do with the smallest smokestack gun in hand, and the windvane cannon as a shoulder-mounted launcher (the post-hole is in just the right place to fold the far end of the barrel over his shoulder)

I suppose I would have preffered some kind of transport capability. still, i'm not complaining to loudly, as the thing is still freakin' awesome. It easily convinces me to 'stay tuned' to future releases by fansproject.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

borg72 wrote: It easily convinces me to 'stay tuned' to future releases by fansproject.
Yes of course it looks great. I would like it if Fansproject could do the same with Predaking, the seacon combiner or whatever his name is and Metroplex.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

After seeing pics from people who have it in hand I'm very tempted by it. Probably won't get it, but if it ever goes on sale that might just push me off the fence . . .

EDIT: Nevermind. Looks like the Magnus armor flew off the shelves (so to speak) at BBTS.

I'm still hoping Hasbro does some sort of TFU Magnus. Maybe an ultra-class figure?
Clay

Post by Clay »

Rattrap's tail wrote:One strange and possible very, very stupid question but i am to young to know (15 years old) But why did they give Nemesis Prime Ultra Magnus armor??? I mean has he taken over Ultra Magnus in G1 or something like that.
For explicitly the same reason that the Nemesis Prime / Scourge trend exists to begin with: it provides another viable repaint for any Prime toy and its tangential accessories. Whatever story is ascribed to it later is just an afterthought.
What I also just can't understand is the reason why Magnus is getting a bloody big and ugly cannon which i've never seen before. Also that sword of Nemesis Prime is just stupid. I know this reason (RID Scource) but still I don't like it...
The sword was RID Scourge's big deal, if I remember right. The massive handgun was just a way to use the excess material from the trailer for something other than a "base mode" or other hogwash. The redonkulously ginormous gun is much more satisfactory.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yup. Sword of fury was his main weapon. :)

If they do put Shadow Commander armor on sale I might grab a couple of sets--one for my Nemesis Prime and one for my Botcon OP.