Was I unlucky when I buy my Premium Barricade?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
SimonMK
Protoform

Was I unlucky when I buy my Premium Barricade?

Post by SimonMK »

When I buy it, I didn't took my time to look at it since it was the last one. So when I took him out of the box at home. The front of the car had some scratches and felt dusty. And there a slash/scratch on on the ''Police'' word. Also his legs are loose. Compared to my Recon Barricade which his legs are very tight and kinda need force to move around.
optimusprme

Post by optimusprme »

it seems so, i hope that you saved the reciept to return it as it sounds like it was not produced properly
Soundwave
Protoform

Post by Soundwave »

I have not picked this up yet so I wouldnt be able to tell you. In fact I can't find any barricade figure, which for me is a blessing and a curse. I don't want the hideously colored (in my opinion) recon barricade but the normal I would like to find very much or the premium as it were.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

There've been no brick-and-mortar sightings for the Premium Deluxes thus far.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Soundwave
Protoform

Post by Soundwave »

Hate to ask but I am a little confused, what do you mena by brick-and-mortar sightings ?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

In a high-street shop or mall outlet, versus bought/imported online.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

SimonMK wrote:When I buy it, I didn't took my time to look at it since it was the last one. So when I took him out of the box at home. The front of the car had some scratches and felt dusty. And there a slash/scratch on on the ''Police'' word. Also his legs are loose. Compared to my Recon Barricade which his legs are very tight and kinda need force to move around.
By the sounds of it, yes got had (for lack of a better, appropriate word:p), badly. I have the original Deluxe Movie Barricade figure, and though some of the "POLICE" decos on his door panels has worn off:(, his joints are still quite sturdy:). I read the short description of the Premium Edition on an online store, and basically the only difference is a "metallic" look to the toy. Besides isn't the Premium series supposed to be an improvement to the original deco?
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

Detective Barricade wrote:By the sounds of it, yes got had (for lack of a better, appropriate word:p), badly. I have the original Deluxe Movie Barricade figure, and though some of the "POLICE" decos on his door panels has worn off:(, his joints are still quite sturdy:). I read the short description of the Premium Edition on an online store, and basically the only difference is a "metallic" look to the toy. Besides isn't the Premium series supposed to be an improvement to the original deco?
He actually has more then just metallic paint on him for the Premium. Actually the only metallic paint is used on the word ''Police''.

1. His face is actually painted gray/silver like in the movie and the Replica toy.

2. At the license car thing, its written DCPTCON, a abbreviation of Decepticon.

3. The front car has a very dark blue paint on the two thing where I assume to cooldown the motor.

4. The number 643 were added on both arms/side of car.

5. Under the ''To enslave and punish'', they added a ''Emergency 9-1-1 Response''.

6. Both the front and side windows are still plastic clear but has added spray paint on them.

7. The windows at the back which make Barricade's legs are painted dark blue.

Thats about it. Very movie accurate compared to the original. Sadly Frenzy is exactly the same. At least I haven't seen a difference.

I also bought Recon Barricade and he actually look good, better then the original Barricade IMO. But the completely blue Frenzy look weird.

optimusprme wrote:it seems so, i hope that you saved the reciept to return it as it sounds like it was not produced properly
As I said, it was the last one I found. Doubt it they get a new one already tomorrow. I am not sure if I want to exchange/refund.

A employee told me that they will be more severe on exchange/refund of Transformers toys now because Hasbro gave them a warning that lately a lot of customers bought toys to replace their damaged toys.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

SimonMK wrote:He actually has more then just metallic paint on him for the Premium. Actually the only metallic paint is used on the word ''Police''.

1. His face is actually painted gray/silver like in the movie and the Replica toy.
2. At the license car thing, its written DCPTCON, a abbreviation of Decepticon.
3. The front car has a very dark blue paint on the two thing where I assume to cooldown the motor.
4. The number 643 were added on both arms/side of car.
5. Under the ''To enslave and punish'', they added a ''Emergency 9-1-1 Response''.
6. Both the front and side windows are still plastic clear but has added spray paint on them.
7. The windows at the back which make Barricade's legs are painted dark blue.
:eek:Well, it's official. I stand corrected:D. Although my main point still stands: you got a bad figure that sounds like someone threw it around a bit.:eyebrow: As for metallic paint, I count that as any paint or plastic that "glitters" a little when the light catches it in certain ways (ex. the blue paint on Movie Leader class Megatron, the purple on the original Barricade, etc.).

Btw, it's "To Punish and Enslave...".:D (best police slogan parody ever)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Detective Barricade wrote:As for metallic paint, I count that as any paint or plastic that "glitters" a little when the light catches it in certain ways (ex. the blue paint on Movie Leader class Megatron, the purple on the original Barricade, etc.).
Isn't that gloss paint?

:derailed:

I'd say you got a really bad one. I only have the original, but i don't see any loose joints. And none of the 'police' words have scratched on mine. REFUND.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

I got mine from bigbad and the legs were loose as well. It's pretty much a crap shoot with ball joints. I hate them. They should try to avoid using them on on the feet, legs, and waist, but, ah well. Otherwise it's pretty nice. Frenzy sucks, btw.
Angelic Knight

Post by Angelic Knight »

Just got mine a couple of hours ago and he's solid. All the joints are good. His legs/trunk have a little trouble lining up flush in the back in car mode, but that's about it. So yeah, your loose joints are a defect of some sort.

Seems common. As for minor blemishes, those are VERY common and almost unavoidable. My Premium Barricade has a very small slash mark across his rear license plate, for example. Barely noticeable, but it's there.

I recently picked up Movie Cliffjumper, and one of his legs is so loose it falls right off when barely twisted. Sad, but apparently common. You just got a bad draw of luck there.
My very, very random personal forums:
www.jameswebsite.net