[CUSTOM] Alternators REV

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
superquad7
Protoform
Custom Title: TFW2005 Supermod

Alternators REV

Post by superquad7 »

Hey guys, this custom's been a long time coming! I've been using the M.A.S.K. toys for customs and such with my Alts for a while. I had already created the custom of myself as an Alternators driver for one of my Alt customs. But which Alternator would it be? Well, this thread will answer that question :)

The RX-8 is pretty much my favorite mold from the Alt line (the Ford GT is essentially tied for the mold for me :)), so that's how I chose the subject for my custom. After a few failed digibashed ideas, it hit me to make this custom match my Alternators Allen G custom (simple idea I know, but it took me a little while to get there).

Being an RiD fan and also being a Christian minister, when I first started making friends online, I was given the nickname "REV". Sometimes when I make a custom, I'll really stay true to the initial character, but sometimes I'll just take a name and go my own direction. This is an example of the latter.

Also, the story I've created with REV is such that he is a Decepticon, but he's not really sure if their faction is where he should be. He eventually meets Allen G and they end up becoming friends. Allen G starts to share with REV things about the Autobots and why they are Autobots. REV really considers the things Allen G shares with him, but is still unsure about things. Also, the other Decepticons learn of this and try many things to keep REV in their fold. The other Autobots aren't as eager to add REV to their ranks, but do attempt to persuade REV that they are willing to be his friend and help him with his decision.

While the name associations overlap some, I will give the disclaimer that this isn't "me" in Transformers form. Sure, he has elements of myself in there, but every custom I make does :) That being said, this is still a very personal venture of mine. I hope that doesn't confuse anyone, for such is not my intent.

I do want to use this character (and all of my customs) to create cool characters though :) Some of you know that I'm still planning an Alt fanfic (of which I want to illustrate), and REV would be one of the many (read: "not main") characters I want to explore.

Well, on to the custom itself. I used the same blue paint that I used on my Alternators Allen G custom. The major mod to this piece is the head. I used a SW TF Obi Wan head with some Shockblast antennae glued to the sides. I also did some sanding on some portions to the head just to adjust it more.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy my piece. To date it's my favorite custom I've ever made :)

alt mode (with Allen G):

attack mode!

robot mode:

"Allegiance"

Here is a little mini-comic of sorts where I wanted to illustrate just a bit of what transpires with the story I was commenting on previously:

REV: "I want to be on the right side of things. Therein lies the power of truth."

Allen G: "Well, that's one reason I'm friends with the Autobots. The Autobots really try to be heroes by helping those in need."

REV: "But . . . I am . . . a Decepticon . . . "

Allen G: "Decepticon or not, I'll be your friend."

REV: "I . . . accept your offer, human."

Allen G: "Coolness. But, call me 'Allen'."

REV: "Allen, some of you humans can be insightful at times . . . "

Allen G: "I'd like to think so . . ."

(detail of the head):

If you click on the link below, you'll find some more photos as well! :) Enjoy!
Check out my "Transformers: Alterations" by clicking above! (But don't click my homepage!)
MissingSea
Protoform

Post by MissingSea »

Love the colour scheme on this one. Is the head a rescult of the Jazz head with Shockwave's ears added?

Also where is the shoulder cannon from, it kind of looks like the BT-07 one?
superquad7
Protoform

Post by superquad7 »

MissingSea wrote:Love the colour scheme on this one. Is the head a rescult of the Jazz head with Shockwave's ears added?

Also where is the shoulder cannon from, it kind of looks like the BT-07 one?
From my original post (right there close to the end):
superquad7 wrote:he major mod to this piece is the head. I used a SW TF Obi Wan head with some Shockblast antennae glued to the sides. I also did some sanding on some portions to the head just to adjust it more.
The Shockblast antennae are there, but a Meister head it is not. :)

The blaster is a repro of the BT#07 Smokescreen GT (the missle does not fire). I was able to get a few back in the hey-day of Alt customs :)

I'm glad you like my work man! Thanks for posting!
Check out my "Transformers: Alterations" by clicking above! (But don't click my homepage!)
Soundwave
Protoform

Post by Soundwave »

Love the color scheme (granted I am a sucker for blue)
I think its great that you are using M.A.S.K figures

I would like to see more of these
superquad7
Protoform

Post by superquad7 »

Soundwave wrote:Love the color scheme (granted I am a sucker for blue)
I think its great that you are using M.A.S.K figures

I would like to see more of these
Thanks for the props man; I really appreciate it!

Blue is my all-time favorite color, so I share being a sucker with you!

The M.A.S.K. line is 1:24 scale (at least the first wave or so, until things started straying some with certain toys) and certainly the drivers are. I'd say I have plans for a few more . . .

(some of my M.A.S.K. drivers)

;)
Soundwave
Protoform

Post by Soundwave »

Now I need to rummage around and see if i can find some M.A.S.K drivers in my house or the toys at garage sales,flea markets etc,for more than one reason. I wanna do some kitbashery and I loved the toy line.I only ever owned gator and iguanna so locating both drivers in my home is going to be
superquad7
Protoform

Post by superquad7 »

Soundwave wrote:Now I need to rummage around and see if i can find some M.A.S.K drivers in my house or the toys at garage sales,flea markets etc,for more than one reason. I wanna do some kitbashery and I loved the toy line.I only ever owned gator and iguanna so locating both drivers in my home is going to be
I actually acquired many of my extras from ebay. Also, I joined a M.A.S.K. message board and traded some artwork for some figures :) I did get one haul at the flea market for $10, and it was loaded with some good stuff :)

I wish you well on your hunt! :)
Soundwave
Protoform

Post by Soundwave »

hmmm thanks for the tips hope to show off some of my noob kitbashing skills soon.
superquad7
Protoform

Post by superquad7 »

Soundwave wrote:hmmm thanks for the tips hope to show off some of my noob kitbashing skills soon.
No problem! I'm always glad to encourage and help out! :)
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

Hmm the paint looks great! Im not usually a fan of blue but this shade is lovely!
superquad7
Protoform

Post by superquad7 »

Sonray wrote:Hmm the paint looks great! Im not usually a fan of blue but this shade is lovely!
Thanks for the props, SR; I really appreciate your comments! :)