[CUSTOM] Alt Magnus

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
MissingSea
Protoform

Alt Magnus

Post by MissingSea »

Finally got around to taking some pictures of my Alt customs that I did back over the Christmas break. I have got pictures of my Alt Red Alert and Alt Trailbreaker but they didn't come out too well, so I'll start with the last one I did: Alt Prime to Alt Magnus. While I know that the Alt Prime to Alt Magnus repaint has been done numerous times before I decided that I wanted to try and give him a look more like his G1 self with the armour. I've also based the colour scheme on how he appears in Spotlight Magnus, hence the reason that his lower legs are red rather than white (plus white is a right royal pain the the backside to paint). He is hand painted, so some of the lines may not be exactly straight (the stripes along the side took ages).

I made some minor mods to him, the shoulders I clipped off the little tag that stops them rotating and I trimmed a couple of bits on the head to differentiate him a little from Prime. His rifle was also scratch built from a old biro and various other bits and pieces I had lying around.
Attachments
Magnus Vside.jpg
Magnus Vrear.jpg
Magnus Vfront.jpg
Magnus Bot2.jpg
Magnus Bot1.jpg
Clay

Post by Clay »

I like the rifle!

The stripes came out really well. Didn't realize you hand-painted them until I read your post.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

that's awesome, i really enjoy the creativeness of the paint application and the custom rifle! good work :D
der2

Post by der2 »

nice to see a Ultra Magnus thats not all white for once, good show.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Seeing Kitbashes like this make me miss the Alternators...
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Nice job.makes me wanna get around to repainting my own.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
MissingSea
Protoform

Post by MissingSea »

Thanks for all the kind comments, when I get myself a new camera I'll get around to taking some more pictures. I have made some (minor) changes to it since I initially took those pictures, dry-brushed some chrome silver onto the detailing on to the insides of his legs and also painted his face plate silver. Though I'm not too sure on the face plate, I may repaint it back to white as it looks too much like Prime with the silver paint.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

If you had an extra Prime head, you could also cut off the faceplate and make a face with a mouth and nose :). It'd be interesting to see that creation :D
MissingSea
Protoform

Post by MissingSea »

I would like to try that, but my sculpting skills are pretty much none existent :/ I did think about using cutting out Prowls face and inserting it inside the Prime helmet, but unfortunately I don't have a spare of either head :( One thing I was wondering was whether one of the robot heros heads would fit on the ball joint, but again lack of fodder :)
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I know the feeling of lack of sacrificial offerings for my toys too. I am also in the process of re-sculpting movie Arcee's head to look more lady like. I hope you can find something though to be a good sacrifice. If I see anything on ebay for a decent price, I will post the link here.
Soundwave
Protoform

Post by Soundwave »

Looks slick I am impressed with the striping and how you worked in all three main colors very nice