[CUSTOM] Nicely done Alternators Springer...

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Denyer

Nicely done Alternators Springer...

Post by Denyer »

http://www.primetoystore.com/Toys%20for ... ustoms.htm

Works much better as a Tracks recolour than Ravage does, IMO.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I dunno about the green/grey combo... but I do like the way it's posed in the first shot.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Pun-3X

Re: Nicely done Alternators Springer...

Post by Pun-3X »

Originally posted by Denyer
http://www.primetoystore.com/Toys%20for ... ustoms.htm

Works much better as a Tracks recolour than Ravage does, IMO.

Agreed. I've seen a couple of goes at this guy with the Tracks mold, and it really is a great choice. The headpiece works great for both characters.

I do like the robot color-combos, but not the actual color of the car on this one.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Very nice kitbash! The head looks bang on...I've never noticed the resemblance before.

What is rather annoying is the fact that Hasbro seemed to be happy to churn out uninspired repaints of minor characters such as Rollbar and Ricochet towards the end of the Alternators line when more iconic characters could easily have been produced by the same method.

Tracks => Springer
Swindle => Trailbreaker

I'm sure there are others. Any thoughts?
Wreck and Rule!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Rack 'n Ruin
Swindle => Trailbreaker

That's a curious one. I think it was because Hasbro didn't/don't have the rights to "Trailbreaker", but that certainly wouldn't prevent them from releasing a black jeep called "Wranglertron" or something.

It makes me wonder if Swerve's head was meant to go on what is now Rollbar, but they thought it would be a better use on a red Corvette instead of having "G1 European homage red Tracks". Rollbar, sans the Swindle/Trailbreaker, is a much closer match to the minibot Swerve than the Alt. Corvette version.
Soundwave
Protoform

Post by Soundwave »

I still think that as far as alt modes go the scion is a closer match for trailbreaker.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

i always thought the Scions resembled Ironhide and Ratchet. On the other hand, the Rams could have been both. I do like this version of Tracks as Springer, it was a grand idea :D