Favorite Starscream mold?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Ackula

Favorite Starscream mold?

Post by Ackula »

Just for fun I was wondering what everyone's fav Starscream mold was. I'm a bit obsessed with screamer in case you haven't noticed yet...

I'm gonna have to say my fav is a tie between Armada and Energon (gray color scheme). Both have awesome transformations and gimmicks. I think the posability of the Energon mold is far superior..but the Armada mold looks more bad-a$$ and tuff imo.

So whats your guy's fav mold for this classic character?
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Cybertron or Classics.

Cybertron version is honkin' huge and posable...Classics looks just like his G1 self, and is also posable.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Galaxy Force and MP. GF is not overly poseable, but he's got the looks and depicts his jet mode in a very satisfying manner.

MP SS is articulated, detailed and much "darker" than the rest, plus he's got the best jet mode among all tfs.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Civ

Post by Civ »

I'm going to say Masterpiece Starscream though I would get rid of that hip kibble to free up his waist and choose a different plastic to make him more robust.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Classics. Definitely classics. However, I'm more of a fan of Skywarp's figure. The colors on that one are just beautiful.

Though, characterwise, I prefer Armada (though, the Skywarp is about 10,000 times more badass looking, IMO), so he gets the number two spot, then Energon (v1) rounds out the top three.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

The Armada mold is crap IMO. He can't even raise his arms properly.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Classics without a shadow of a doubt!

(Although, Skywarp is better executed and cooler!)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Originally posted by Tetsuro
The Armada mold is crap IMO. He can't even raise his arms properly.

:)
No need to raise your arms if you never surrender.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by Notabot
:)
No need to raise your arms if you never surrender.

:D

Well he can't do splits either. In fact, his shoulders nor thighs have no sideways movement whatsoever.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Armada Skywarp
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Classics is the best "TOY" of starscream. Masterpiece (when it ships in anime colors) is the best model of starscream but I like Robot Masters Starscream for overall best.

I do love my Cybertron Starscream, as it is the biggest TF I own, but it's not the best.
Come on and wind me up.
mongoosehuman
Protoform

Post by mongoosehuman »

If you had asked me this when I was eight, I would've said the G2 mold, based entirely on his sound-effects pack. :p
mongoosehuman
Protoform

Post by mongoosehuman »

But now, it's the Classics, hands down. It portrays the character very well.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

The BIG one, of course... :D

I am also a Starscream fan (in case you haven't noticed, duh) and have quite a few models, but Cybertron Supreme Starscream, being so very War Within, is my favourite; among other things, he is very poseable, very stable on his feet, and BIG. Second choice would be Armada Starscream and, yes, he has problems, but looks so very cool. Heck, TBH, there isn't a Starscream mold I don't like, but I may pass on the new film version.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

The BIG one, of course

For whatever reason, he is my most played-with also (having just been having a punch up with Unciron and Primus for the last couple days, along with his itsy bitsy Classics version - I don't have to explain my reasoning! [erm, because there is none...]).

But I'll still stick with Classics as the best all rounder.

;)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Originally posted by Clogs
The BIG one, of course... :D

I am also a Starscream fan (in case you haven't noticed, duh) and have quite a few models, but Cybertron Supreme Starscream, being so very War Within, is my favourite; among other things, he is very poseable, very stable on his feet, and BIG. Second choice would be Armada Starscream and, yes, he has problems, but looks so very cool. Heck, TBH, there isn't a Starscream mold I don't like, but I may pass on the new film version.

I love the Cybertron supreme one as well...he is so massive..but the only prob I have with it is the lack of posability. I'd like to be able to do some more show accurate poses with the figure. Still he is a blast to use when playing with my little one...he is big enuff to whip everyone elses a$$! But I actually prefer the smaller Galaxy Force version of that mold, simply because he looks better with two swords instead of the sword/blaster combo on the supreme mold..also the smaller one has more anime accurate colors.

I'm pretty much in agreance with you as well..I like all the screamer molds pretty well...hell..even any other seekers..I'm just a fan of the seekers/cyberjet molds in general.

I'll prolly even pick up the movie version just because it's Starscream despite his weird wideness......sad I know.
zeoman4.5

Post by zeoman4.5 »

I honestly prefer the Energon Starscream. That sword, plus
in all honesty he was my first Starscream. It didn't know much
about g1 or g2 when I was a kid, born at the end of g1. I remembered him from his breif cameo in BW. Later my
brother got Armada Starscream for Christmas; I got Prime.
So I waited all the way to Energon to get my first. I have to
say that classics Starscream is also a great toy. Don't get me
started on my ordeal over Cybertron's though.
Petatron 2006
Protoform

Post by Petatron 2006 »

i like the voyager Starscream even with his thrust colouring, i love his twin blade feature,

but the Classics Starscream is also great.
Markus
Protoform

Post by Markus »

Originally posted by Civ
I'm going to say Masterpiece Starscream though I would get rid of that hip kibble to free up his waist and choose a different plastic to make him more robust.

I took the hip kibble off while posing him. You can pop it right back in place if you wanted to transform him back into a plane.

I like Robot Masters Starscream. It doesn't get more accurate to the cartoon than that.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by Markus
I took the hip kibble off while posing him. You can pop it right back in place if you wanted to transform him back into a plane.

Yeah, but the problem is that even with the fuselage bits taken off, the ball joints still get in the way and how they designed the "belt" area doesn't help either. If the fuselage bits somehow clipped onto his back and the "belt" area allowed for good rotation (no ball joints there and not necessarily 360 degrees but enough to make it significant like say 120 to 160 degrees), then the only issue I would have with the figure is the material they chose.