Please Help me!!! Classics Ultra Magnus!!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
zeoman4.5

Please Help me!!! Classics Ultra Magnus!!

Post by zeoman4.5 »

I was walk ing in my local Wal mart , looking for classics Ramjet,
which I found, when to my Surprize I found a Classics Ultra Magnus. It was packaged in a Classics Optimus Prime box with
a void lable poorly scrathed off. I purchased it, but first I made
sure there were no more. According to the stockers this one got
in just that day and was the only one they had seen. I mean
this is so cool and it has got to be the rarest TF I have ever gotten. So I was wondering how much do You Guys think its worth and what should I do with it?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Probably been resealed and returned by someone who only wanted Skywarp.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

I was going to say the same thing. Sounds like a returned item. Though, if you wanted a Magnus without getting Skywarp, I suppose you did all right.
zeoman4.5

Post by zeoman4.5 »

It hasn't been opened. The store stock people told me themselves. Plus it is a Wal mart I got it from not Target. See
this is what makes me mad. I bought it 3 days ago and haven't
opened it because I wanted to no is it is valueable or not. If it
doesn't tell me so I can open it. I just don't want to make the same mistake I made with the Translucent RID Optimus Prime I
found I 2001. Sorry for my stupidity.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If it was genuine, odds are low it'd be packaged as Prime. Possible but unlikely.

Example of collector quality resealing, Star Wars:

http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/auction/93027470

Click through to Question & Answer.

"hi is this resealed or repro card?? thk u"
"hi, its a a resealed"
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by zeoman4.5
It hasn't been opened. The store stock people told me themselves.

The problem is that the stockboys generally don't know those things. They get paid to stick them out, and if their manager says "Here, stick this out on the shelf," they'll do it without asking questions. I'd also think that if a stockboy opened a case of those and saw that that one was different from the rest, he would have snatched it up and bought it, himself.

Even if it is authentic, you'll probably not get much for it, given that it's way to risky. If you were to get a factory-sealed card (not like the ones that hasbro does for Joes and Star Wars and these days, with the plastic, wrapping around and being taped to the card), you would be able to get a better price.

Of course, it was really bad in the Joe collecting sphere, where a troop would be in a two-pack with a named character, so there would be troop-builders with several copies of the named character. Later on, a new set would come out with a troop and named character. In the name of saving a few bucks, some of these collectors would buy up multiple copies of the new set, and stick one of the old named figures in with it. Every once and a while, you'll find these on ebay, where someone finds it at a store and buys it up. Of course, it's a pretty easy fake to spot, considering that the figure that's replacing the troop has been out of production for about 2 years . . .

Anywho. Magnus is a great figure, and the mold is pretty awesome. I really only wanted Skywarp, but Magnus is really fun to transform, and since I didn't buy classics prime (I think I've got enough OPs, so my primes stop with the Cybertron redeco), he's a welcome addition to my collection.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Perhaps there really are some. Or perhaps more than one person thought to scam Wal-Mart the same way.
Unendorsed Ebay Link
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I might be interested if someone came up with a Skywarp in a Starscream package..being that it would have to be factory sealed..and being that I really want that figure, but could care less about a white Prime repaint.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Notabot
Perhaps there really are some. Or perhaps more than one person thought to scam Wal-Mart the same way.
Unendorsed Ebay Link
Could be a few out there, but I wouldn't recommend anyone drop serious cash.
zeoman4.5

Post by zeoman4.5 »

Well at any rate I returned mine last week after buying the two
pack at Target. I think it probable that it might be a small scale
error on Hasbro's part. I've seen none since the one I bought,
but I've been looking. If I find one it will get posted. Thanks for the help.