Just got classics prime in PNW

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
another tf fan

Just got classics prime in PNW

Post by another tf fan »

Happy to report classics optimus prime and megatron are here in the Pacific North West.

Got my Optimus today, still up in the air about nerf shooter megatron. (this was a great weekend for me, got Prime and robot masters 12 starscream)

Pretty cool Optimus, really. Only debatable design is the door sides hanging from the arms.

Hows the distribution elsewhere?
Come on and wind me up.
Octopus Slime
Protoform

Post by Octopus Slime »

I just got mine in SoCal. :p
Octopus Slime
Protoform

Post by Octopus Slime »

I got both Optimus and Megatron classics. Personally, I like the megatron design a bit more. But both and hot and dandy.

I'm not crazy about the hanging arm-doors on optimus either, but it's a small price to pay as are the rocket wings of the megatron.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

the wings don't bother me, it's the obvious leg hanging from the buisness end of the gun i don't like.
Come on and wind me up.
Big Show
Protoform

Post by Big Show »

Still nothing here on the east coast.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

just picked up 2 bumblebee, 2 rodimus, 2 Starscream and 2 Astrotrain.

got some at fry's and some at fred meyer. fry's wanted 13.99 a piece and freddy's was gettin only 9.99.

Don't shop at fry's.

sorry to hear that the classics arent on the east coast yet. We are plenty stocked here.

also about the classics, i was thinking about the target exclusive ultra magnus/ skywarp. I really, really want the skywarp, but i kinda hate magnus. He offer's nothing that prime doesn't have and has an inferior paint job. Probably sell him (and i don't sell much of anything) to any willing buyer. I wish that hasbro had taken some kind of time with him as magnus is a good character who deserves a better toy.

RiD Magnus is still the best.
Come on and wind me up.
Big Show
Protoform

Post by Big Show »

No worries. I have been calling Target every day since I saw that people were finding them on the left coast. Hasbro.com said on the 30th of last month that they would be finding their way into stores in the coming weeks, so I am just staying vigilant. I already preordered Bumblebee and Grimlock on hasbrotoyshop.com because of the promo they are running (I also scored my reissue of the 20th anniversary Prime for $52.49 with free shipping).

So, I just need to grab Classics Prime, Megatron (Nerf gun be darned, he looks decent in robot mode), and STARSCREAM. Of course, I'll pick up the rest of the line, but those three are first.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

So what are the details on the promo? I checked the site (very briefly, admittedly), but didn't see any specials or anything. Is it for the general public?
Big Show
Protoform

Post by Big Show »

I'm not sure if it is general public or not. I heard about it on the he-man.org boards. If you use this coupon code at checkout:

fall25

You get 25% off of your total purchase, plus free shipping. It apparently even works for pre-orders. I only paid $95 for $130 worth of merchandise (including the 20th Anniversary Prime reissue, Grimlock classic, Bumblebee classic, and the GI Joe Sigma 6 Dragonfly). I was pretty psyched.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

:D
(Hugs Big Show)
You've made me the happiest boy in South Dakota! Thank you very much!
Ranma
Protoform

Post by Ranma »

has any one noticed that prime has a rubsign and megs doesnt? I wonder why.
Nifty!
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Tacoma Tru has 20th dvd Masterpiece prime for 89.99 freakin dollars. Christ... he was $74 two years ago and the gun was the right color. whereis the value? Also heard the thalking stand first hand... it's just as bad as it was on this site.... where is the value. I will buy him and it will be soon, but i feel kinda ripped off. Only getting it now cause i missed out on the 2004 release.
Come on and wind me up.
Big Show
Protoform

Post by Big Show »

Originally posted by another tf fan
Tacoma Tru has 20th dvd Masterpiece prime for 89.99 freakin dollars. Christ... he was $74 two years ago and the gun was the right color. whereis the value? Also heard the thalking stand first hand... it's just as bad as it was on this site.... where is the value. I will buy him and it will be soon, but i feel kinda ripped off. Only getting it now cause i missed out on the 2004 release.

*cough* $52.49 with free shipping at hasbrotoyshop.com with the coupon code "fall25" *cough*
chiasaur11
Protoform

Post by chiasaur11 »

I got bumblebee! Man is he small for a deluxe. Still a fun little guy.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by another tf fan

The original retail price for the 2004 version was supposed to be $99.99 (around the same value as Takara's Convoy), but Hasbro took a cut in their profits to offer it more cheaply since they were unsure as to how well a $100 figure would sell in the American market.

But they sold extremely well. This time around, it's a bit closer to the orignal estimated price since Hasbro knows the demand is there.

I think the main reason it's a slightly different color compared to the original is to distinguish which production run is which once they're out of the box.
Big Show
Protoform

Post by Big Show »

The Classics finally arrived here on the east coast.

Of course, I had to work, so my wife was kind enough to get to Toys R Us at opening today to get mine for me. She picked up Optimus, Megatron, and Starscream (Bumblebee and Grimlock will be coming form Hasbrotoyshop.com soon). I'll pick up Rodimus and Astrotrain when I see them.

I would have to say that while I love Optimus, Megatron is my favorite. The gun honestly doesn't look that bad. Besides, it was this or having his alt mode be a tank or a dragon or a milk truck or some other crap. His robot mode is just too cool. THE most cartoon-accurate version of Megs EVER. Slightly sifferent coloring, wings and all.

Starscream was actually my least fave. He looks great, but the ball jointed legs are just a bit loose. Also, his arm cannons get in the way of his wings. But these are small gripes. All three are great, and I highly recommend picking them up.