Is something wrong with my Dark Crumplezone?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Notabot

Is something wrong with my Dark Crumplezone?

Post by Notabot »

I just picked up Dark Crumplezone and noticed some strange things on him. I was wondering if other DCs and regular Crumps had the same issues.
First, the instructions are off on a few points (like shading for which part moves, etc), and skip a few steps. No big deal here, since it's easy enough to figure out.
Secondly, the arms don't seem to bend at the angle indicated by the instructions. I'm assuming that the problem lies more in the instructions than the arms, but it could be a misassembled joint or something too.
Thirdly, the little wings/thruster covers are really floppy and pop up at random times instead of just when the key is inserted.
So, did I get a bum Transformer, or is this just the way of the Crumplezone?
Ranma
Protoform

Post by Ranma »

the floppy wings is a crumplezone standard, I dont know about the arms though, maybe you could post some pics?
Nifty!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I've got a pic clearly showing the problem and will put it up... as soon as I figure out how :o
I'm new and stupid, so if anyone can explain the process, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks.
Ranma
Protoform

Post by Ranma »

you could try putting it up on photobucket.com and posting a link to it
Nifty!
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

Dark Crumplezone`s arms are designed in a way that they can`t be in a stretched position, they always remain bent. This isn`t the same for the first, non-dark, Crumplezone.
"Im drowning in footwear!"
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Become undead, get new elbows. Sounds like a deal. But since Hasbro reuses instructions without making corrections... Gotcha. Now it's also an educational toy since it takes higher thinking skills to transform.
Thanks for the info. Now, what to do with all these sweet pics of Dark Crumplezone's elbows? :)