If you're having problems logging in, post in here and we'll try to help you

You can post in here as a guest.
Denyer

If you're having problems logging in, post in here and we'll try to help you

Post by Denyer »

What it says. :)
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Protoform

Re: If you're having problems logging in, post in here and we'll try to help you

Post by ZeldaTheSwordsman »

I had to reset my password. For some reason my browser's saved password wasn't working even though I'm pretty sure it was bang up to date
Clay

Re: If you're having problems logging in, post in here and we'll try to help you

Post by Clay »

Same, and same.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Was the password reset process working okay for you?

In theory passwords got converted, but the way it's done is quite different -- if there were nonalphanumeric characters in your password, I think that's the most likely reason it may need resetting.

Emails should be working for anyone that needs to reset theirs, but do remember to check spam folders.

edit: This may also be a browser thing, if you had a user/password combination saved and it was previously sending as anything other than UTF-8. Would be interested in whether users who don't let browsers save passwords have the same issue.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Yeah, old password was lots of character gibberish. New one is too; email reset work okay for me.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Had to do a password reset too. Lazy me and doing the browser saving the user name and password.
Reset worked fine.
Hot Rod Here
Protoform

Post by Hot Rod Here »

Thought I was the only one.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Denyer wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:40 pm edit: This may also be a browser thing, if you had a user/password combination saved and it was previously sending as anything other than UTF-8. Would be interested in whether users who don't let browsers save passwords have the same issue.
For what it's worth, I don't have my browser save my passwords. My password had non-alphanumeric characters, and I didn't need to reset it.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cheers, that tallies with the accounts I tested (vBulletin may not have been fully unicode-aware, but it shouldn't have had problems with ASCII nonalphanumerics) and would tend to point the finger at the way browsers store saved password/site info.

For anyone that was trying credentials their browser had saved, out of interest a) what browser, b) did it try to enter anything [some browsers are very specific about what URLs/forms the saved credentials get tried against -- and this is completely different software], and c) did you try entering the password manually as well?

Hopefully the search indexer should be done in a few hours BTW.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Denyer wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:36 pm For anyone that was trying credentials their browser had saved, out of interest a) what browser, b) did it try to enter anything [some browsers are very specific about what URLs/forms the saved credentials get tried against -- and this is completely different software], and c) did you try entering the password manually as well?
A) Firefox
B) Not sure exactly what you mean. It did auto-fill the password box when I selected the username
C) Yes, tried manually once and it didn't work but that may have been me trying the wrong password.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Password reset and now changed. All good :)
SCSW (guest mode)

Post by SCSW (guest mode) »

can't remember what email address I used for this account. If it's my old archive one then I've got no chance of getting back in that way.
It should either be <username> @aol or @hotmail although I've a suspicion that the former may be linked to my other username on here when I changed the StoneCold Skywarp account to SC_Skywarp (?) and my profile 9 account to full title.

Either way, if someone can shoot a password reset email to me @aol . com that'd be just swell.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, it was the defunct domain account. Have set the email account to the AOL one (left placeholders in the Skywarp TFA and TFArchive RPG Team accounts where it was being used; this board doesn't like multiple accounts having the same address) and sent a "force reactivate" mail -- it should let you do a password reset when you follow that link. :up:
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Thank you
DeadManWade1982

Post by DeadManWade1982 »

Hey, trying to login, the password my browser has saved isn't working, and I have no idea what it was. I entered my email to try and send a password reset, and apparently the e-mail I have on file is WAY out of date. Is there anything that can be done?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Can you remember anything about the email address you're registered with here? Rather than post publicly, if you want to send me an email via https://virtualdebris.co.uk/page/contact and a current email address... also, could Warcry verify your ID? Without poking around too much I can see you've exchanged PMs with him.
Blaster86
Protoform

Post by Blaster86 »

What in the hell was my email!?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

b******x@h*****l.com ring any bells?

If you haven't still got it, I'm sure Warcry can come up with some way of verifying you.
Blaster86
Protoform

Post by Blaster86 »

Sweet jesus, that is old.

She's long gone, I think.
sdrjsdbgkbjj

Post by sdrjsdbgkbjj »

This is Tantrum. I forgot my password, and the notification e-mail doesn't work. I copy and paste the password into the password field, get what I believe is the appropriate number of stars, but am still told my password is incorrect. Does it matter if my answer to the captcha question is capitalized?

Also, when I tried to put my username in the username field, it told me my username was already in use. Hence the gibberish.