If you're having problems logging in, post in here and we'll try to help you

You can post in here as a guest.
Denyer

Re: If you're having problems logging in, post in here and we'll try to help you

Post by Denyer »

Case shouldn't matter with the CAPTCHA.

Will try to look into things after work tomorrow.
Denyer

Re: If you're having problems logging in, post in here and we'll try to help you

Post by Denyer »

I've just tested and the forum's able to send email and I've received the test -- the trouble is a lot of email providers tend to block forum notifications by default. If you've got the option of whitelisting tfarchive AT gmail DOT com it's worth a try, but I'm not sure Cox would give the option.

Anyway, I've just set a new password and emailed it to the address in your profile. Try that.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I've just had a bounce from cox.net saying that the mailbox doesn't exist, which would explain why nothing was getting through. Did you change the email address at all?
Tantrum_

Post by Tantrum_ »

Same e-mail address. The auto password reset e-mails came through OK. They just didn't work. It's cox.net, not cox.com. I've had that mistake before.

Also, is "Tantrum" currently logged in, and is that the problem? I don't remember logging out, or clearing cookies, so the stay logged in option should still be active.
TantrumAgain

Post by TantrumAgain »

I partially figured out what's wrong. The e-mail I was using to receive my password resets was associated with another account I had, Isaac Hill. So, I was trying to login with Tantrum's name and Isaac Hill's reset password, which obviously wouldn't work.

So, I tried logging in as Isaac Hill with the reset password. It still didn't work.

Also, I tried the only other non-work e-mail address I have to see if I'd get a password for Tantrum, and no e-mail.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Does the email that actually works have a '2' right before the @? Looking at your two accounts, the emails on file are the same except for the 2.
Tantrum_

Post by Tantrum_ »

I use the e-mail without the 2. I didn't even remember having the one with the 2 until reading your post. I must've set that up Isaac Hill with my regular e-mail address, forgot that password, then tried to set up Tantrum and created the e-mail address with the 2 because the forum won't allow two accounts with the same e-mail address. I probably never used the 2 address again, my ISP deactivated it, which is why Denyer got an undeliverable message.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

That makes sense! The Isaac Hill account is a few years older than Tantrum. And since you use that name on other forums -- last month you showed off your TFW Lego customs thread under that name -- I don't think there's any doubt that it's you.

Denyer, any objections to sending a new password to the other email?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Goferit. :up:

Sorry, been bouncing between things today and didn't spot replies. Hopefully next week will be quieter.

We can sort the email thing out as well.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Alright, I've reset the password and send it off in an email. Hopefully that works!

Tantrum, if you'd like I should also be able to swap the emails so that your active account has the one you use, and the Isaac Hill one has the one with a "2".
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

I was able to swap the e-mails myself, so I'm all set. Thanks, guys.
orderlyroddypiper_2

Post by orderlyroddypiper_2 »

Please help! I can't activate my account. Try as I might, I never receive the activation email.

My username is orderlyroddypiper but I'm not able to log back into my un-activated account.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Try it now, just manually activated the account. :up:
Alpha Omicron
Protoform

Post by Alpha Omicron »

How do you post images? I saw a thread that said there should be an "attach images" button next to the "options" button, but I don't see it. I'm using Firefox. What's the problem?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

How old was it? We've changed forum software a couple of times over the years.

At the moment file attachments are turned on for most users in specific forums where it's to attach eg images to go with reviews. For everything else there are still plenty of quick simple image hosts such as https://imgur.com/ (what I tend to use). When I get chance, I'll have a look at extensions such as this one that would make it more straightforward from a posting form.

The reason they're not on everywhere is the forum is over twenty years old by this point, with the vast majority of posts/threads kept, and if we'd had upload of file attachments turned on for that period, even with restrictions on size etc, that'd still have generated a lot of extra data. It helps with future-proofing to (mostly) only allow attachments for specific reasons and temporarily.