[New RPG] World at War: The Siege of Iacon

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Medbay, Nemesis

"Assistant?" Nickel responded indignant at being called that "I'm no assistant, I'm a medic and a damn fine one" she says floating up to look Knock Out in the eye "Who in the slag are you Mr. Bright and overly polished?" she questioned in an assertive tone.

Jetstream sighed as he stepped out of the makeshift training room he had created in the Nemesis so he could keep his skills at least honed while they sat around doing nothing, "What I wouldn't give for someone to at least spar with" he groaned, hand gently running over the handle of his blade.

War Academy

Ratchet rolled his optics once more at Terabolt "I assure you I'll have them movable in less time than it takes to transform. What I don't need is you fretting over me, I've been online longer than most I can take care of myself"

Brainstorm subspaced his weapon after he had, for lack of a better term, relieved every zombie within 100 meters of the entrance of their heads. Makeshift having slipped out at this point, had watched the scene and noted this Autobot might be some trouble down the road and logged him as a bot of interest before ducking inside and trailing close to the pair of Ratchet and Terabolt and listening in from a distance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Skies Above War Academy:

Optimus hovered on his backpack jets, listening to the conversation with a wry smile. "Given the situation, your friends have every right to be suspicious, Skyblast. Sentinel Prime fell in battle with Megatron. He chose me to succeed him. I've got teams out looking for shuttles and transports now."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Nove Chronum Spaceport:

Tracks, having gotten to Nova Chronum faster than he'd ever gotten there before, what with the skylanes being completely empty and nobody enforcing airspace restrictions. In fact, the only thing he'd had to worry about was at one point early in his flight, when he'd been flying closer to the ground. He enjoyed weaving around buildings.

Although after a few Dark Energon zombies toppling off buildings at him put him off that particular hobby, he'd climbed higher into the sky.

Now that he was here, though..... He was beginning to think that a major shipyard and spaceport, after everything came to an end in nuclear fire and Dark Energon, might not be in as good a shape as he'd hoped.

The general spaceport was still smouldering, the wrecked and half melted hulls of spaceship and star liners scattered across the field.

The shipyards weren't in much better shape, most of the construction gantries having collapsed on the ships being built in their cradles.

Even the great hangar hadn't been spared. Part of the building still blazed, where the main fuel stores had been. But out of all the buildings, it was the most intact.

Tracks swooped down, flight engines and wings retracting, the hover impellers keeping him a foot off the ground as he drove into the hangar.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Hallway, Nemesis

Dirge gave Ramjet a brief shrug. "Kinda hard to maintain an employer when you creep the slag out of them. Got an 'honorable' discharge from my local militia, probably cause they were afraid of me coming after them. From there did various stuff - kinda liked being a bouncer but they said I kept the customers away as well. Then a mech got up the courage to ask me, and next thing I know I'm working as a body guard for him. Even he eventually got creeped out, though, but I kept the profession and ran with it, eventually winding up with Knock Out.."

Dirge gave a bit of an awkward scowl as he considered how to describe the next bit. "Knockers...he scares easy but recovers quickly, and I think he got de-sensitized to me quick. 'Course that meant then that he was trying to rope me into doing assistant work for him, and I wasn't going for that. Pass him a few parts? Maybe. Help him with his beauty routine? Scrap you. But it was a steady gig, so I stuck with it, and gave him a piece of my mind anytime he wanted me to do something out of my job descripiton."

Dirge had been exploring the room as he talked, and now finished with that picked a spot to lean against the wall. "Then one day whe had a walk-in apointment, Deathsaurus and associates. He was one of the typicals, try to bully Knock Out into whatever work for one of his wounded guys, and I immediately got to work. Think I mustive impressed him, cause he ordered his bots down when they got too freaked out to hold their guns straight. Once Knockers got comfortable, he started trying to turn me into his assistant again and I snapped at him. Deathsaurus probably smelled opportunity, cause he gave me one of his fancy business cards as he left, and I looked him up on my day off. Next thing I know, I'm head of his personal security forces."

Shuttle, Cybertron Orbit

Hound had tried his best, but he was clearly getting fustrated with his task, eventually having to step back from his attempt to scan for survivors. "My hologram generator was heavily integrated into my scanning hardware, when it got damaged it took some of my scanner functionality with it. I can barely get anything, if there was even anyone to find to begin with," Hound reported grimly to Red Alert.

Medbay, War Academy

"Ready to move before the call comes out would be better. I get the feeling we'll need every second we can get," Terabolt told Ratchet, taking a good look around herself, and spotting some MARBs that seemed to have been pretty protected inside the building. "Those still in working order? Let's get them loaded now with anything stuff or refugees that don't still need work done on them."

Medbay, Nemesis

Knock Out would have been angry were it a normal bot, but to hear that coming from a minicon, well it just managed to amuse him on a strange level. "Ah, but of course you are," He said, patting Nickel on the head lightly like a child before he started to walk past her to check the equipment she'd been rearranging. "That's exactly why the Decepticon forces felt the need to draft me and throw me right into the smelter with barely even a recruitment pitch, and not bothering to have you assist me with any of the cases being rushed into the medward during the battle."

"Oh don't get me wrong, I'm sure you'll do great work on small patients, some delicate detail work so fellows such as myself wouldn't need a magnifying scope," He said as he finished straightening things up and closing the draw. "But let's not fool ourselves about our individual capacities. Needless to say if a case does come in that would be well suited to your traits, I'll be more than happy to have you show your stuff, but for the regular sized clients, which I imagine will be the vast majority of the cases coming into my medbay, you'll need to know your place - assisting, or getting out of the way..."
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Medbay, Nemesis

The impotent fury currently going through Nickels frame was palpable, her tiny fists and arms shaking violently as the thought of taking a laser scalpel and introducing into the back of Knock Out's overinflated motherboard was playing happily through her head.

But the little medic took a deep breath and calmed herself, though she may detest this arrogant bolt-head, she was a medic, a doctor, and she did not harm another bot for satisfaction. She healed them

"I guess thats fair, let the untrained bot get his practice in on the soldiers and let me fix up any screw ups he makes. I mean clearly you're an amateur if you put that much emphasis on your paint job and buffering as the sheen you carry demonstrates" she bit back with a grin.

Ratchet nodded to Terabolt as he had started hefting up bots and placing them in the MARB's

"Almost all of them can make it, a few I'm unsure if I can save at this point, but if this Omega Supreme is truly helping us, he should have facilities to save all but the most lethally wounded" he replied as he got a few healthier bots to help him load up.

As this occured Makeshift slunk into the room and continued observing, noting he could start executing bots, but he'd be killed in the process as he lacked any silent weapons for now. As such the con was content to continue eavesdropping on Ratchet and Terabolt

Entry Hallway, War Academy

Brainstorm subspaced his weapon away as he returned back to the inside of the building. He was planning on going to collect all his work and then run through the basement for anything interesting he could procure for the upcoming exodus.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

War Academy:

Nightbeat watched as the medics checked over Siren and Hosehead. Siren eagerly, and loudly, yammering away at the medics; Hosehead staring into the distance in mute shock, some part of him probably wondering if this was all a dream, some protective fuge his mind had thrown up to deal with being ripped limb from limb.

He should be so lucky.

Actually....... Nightbeat looked around as the thought reared its ugly head. The walls were covered, the Academy compound was secure.

As secure as it could get, under the circumstances.

The sudden realization that death was not the probable outcome anymore was finally dawning on him.

His own mental defenses came down, allowing him to finally register the full horror of what had happened.

The bitter irony being that one of the things he'd wanted as a sparkling, to go to the Academy(not to be a warrior, but there were plenty of non-combat jobs, right?), had finally come true. He was at the Academy.

Of course, the imminent threat of death by being torn apart by zombies, nuked by Decepticons, or going into a long, slow, and painful systems shutdown due to Energon starvation kind of tempered the experience.

He slumped down next to a wall, burying his face in his hands.

-----------------------

Hot Rod looked over and saw Nightbeat collapse. He started over, but stopped when he felt a restraining hand on his shin. He looked down to see Fixit staring up at him sadly. "Give him a minute. We've had several others do this now."

"Do this? Do what?"

"Realize they're still alive, and have survived what could be easily described as a species-level extinction event. He's coping pretty well. Most of the others had to be sedated."

Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Shuttle:

Roadbuster glared at the padd. He could do it. Adapting his over the shoulder cannon wouldn't be so hard. A minor modification of the electronics package would allow it to target individual targets without him having to look.

He liked that.

He also liked the additional over the shoulder mount. Adding it would allow him to use the linear blaster cannon on a similar setup to the shrapnel cannon.

He liked that idea as well.

Modifying the laser rifle to an over/under setup with his grenade launcher would be simple enough, and the Assualt rifle was fine as it was.

He even knew where he could get a shoulder mounted missile launcher.

The only down side was the fact that this was going to take a complete redesign and rebuild of his body. Which, given the way things were going at the moment, wasn't going to be easy to have done.

Hallways, Nemesis:

Bludgeon walked through the corridors, looking for something to do.

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: Apologies if I missed anything. The baby's about to wake up so I'm in a bit of a rush.)

Quarters, Nemesis

"Nice," Ramjet told Dirge. "You don't seem all that freaky ta me though." He shrugged. "Got myself a dishonourable discharge from the Praxus service after I headbutted my CO while he was tryin' ta tell me off fer not paying attention to one of his rants. Pencil-necked runt never saw it coming! Anyway, Skyquake was supposed to drag a bunch of us off to a prison camp, but he was sick of the bosses slag too. So he flew the ship to Kaon instead and we all joined up with the city's forces 'round the time Megs took over. So's it worked out pretty good."

He considered Dirge's story as he settled down on his bunk (which, as one might expect, was in just as rough shape as its owner). "Deathy's good people from what I hear. Apparently he gave Megs that big cannon he carries everywhere with him now, 'long with tons of other guns and ammo and stuff. If he liked you, I'm pretty sure you'll fit in nice 'round these parts."

Cybertron orbit

"Very well, Optimus," Skyblast said tightly. "I'm going to assume that you'll present proof to our commanding officer when you get aboard, but Smokescreen's got the right idea. If you're trying to evacuate Autobots off the surface it doesn't rightly matter who you are."

He manipulated the console he was perched at, then continued. "I'm sending you information on our orbital vector. We're in geosynch pretty close to Iacon. Get your shuttles up here and we can start tractoring them in. I'm also going to see if some of the Aerialbots we've got aboard can fly Omega's shuttles down there to help speed things up."

"What about the shuttle's ground-scanning sensors? They're not as powerful as an integrated recon package, but they might be able to spot something." Red Alert asked Hound. "I'm seeing something big in Iacon orbit but I can't make it out through the debris. But if there's a starship hanging out in orbit, there's got to be something left on the ground, right?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

((apologies all, work strikes again))

Quarters, Nemesis

"Yeah, working for him was a pretty good gig, but he's too much the kind to sit back in the background. And as his favorite bodyguard, that meant I had to sit back with him in case someone got through the rest of the grunts," Dirge said with a brief shrug to Ramjet. "I got bored and decided to bail. He was busy with something, so I don't even know if he noticed. Guess if he ever joins the rest of the forces here he might come looking for me, but I don't think I'll be going back unless he's stepping up closer to the front lines. It's too much fun mangling those slaggers on the other side of the conflict." Dirge gave a brief, twisted smile. "Not that there's much of them left now..."

Medbay, Nemesis

Knock Out gave a brief chuckle - it was a very unfriendly sound. He leaned over to Nickel, speaking in a low voice so as for only the two of them to hear, ever maintaining a smile for anyone who might be watching.

"Look here, you little energon-chip muncher. Don't think I don't know for a moment what's going on here, and what you're trying to do. Seeing the likes of you I now understand why they went to great lengths to 'invite' me to this party, and I'm not about to let a micro-sized cog-scrubber embarrass me just as I'm starting to pick up momentum, especially with a camera on us. So while I'm going to be fine with speaking sweetly and playing nice while we're on display, trust me when I say this isn't over..."

Medbay, War Academy

Terabolt gave a brief nod to Ratchet, starting to move about the medbay to continue monitoring for trouble. She'd help the medics when nearby to them, with particularly heavy or ungainly loads, but her priority was patrolling for any would-be threats (or pieces of threats, as it may be with the terrorcons).

Terabolt did not seem inherently aware of Makeshift's presence, but wound up as she was from the battle she looked ready to spring at anything perceived as dangerous.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Medbay,Nemesis

Nickel had to admit having Knock Out loom over her was rather intimidating, the little bot wasn't planning on backing down from him.

"Thats nice, planning on butchering up the only competant doctor here? Smart move, just leave more work for yourself. Now you can keep threatening me or maybe you can go do something useful while I set up my half of the area" she said hopping down and not even dignifying him with a glance back.

Hallway,Nemesis

Jetstream perked up as he heard the soft footfalls of another bot close by, the jet with mismatched arms turning to see who.

Medbay, War Academy

Ratchet nodded as he appreciated the help, getting medics prepped to hop on the MARB's as he looked over to Hot Rod and Nightbeats group, noting the condition of the one bot ge subspaced out a syringe and offered it to Hot Rod "If your friend needs a little... Oomph to push him along, give him sone of this aderenergon. It's not exactly the best cure but its the few options we have for shell shock" he said grimly.

Makeshift could easily pick up on Terabolts tensed and excited body language and decided now would be an appropriate time to duck out, slinking out onto a MARB

At the same time Brainstorm had reappeared into the medbay and of pne could see under his face plate they'd see he was grinning like a sparkling who had just gotten away with eating energon goodies, he'd disclose his findings later of course but for now work had to be done evacuating.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

War Academy:

Hot Rod looked at the proffered aderenergon, then started to hesitantly reach for it.

"I'm fine."

Hot Rod looked over as Nightbeat pushed himself to his feet. "You okay?"

Nightbeat pulled his visor off, rubbing the bridge of his nose tiredly, then clipping his visor back on. "It's been a very long day. I can generally cope with a lot, but the end of the world as we know it is a bit much, even for me."

-------------

"Optimus, this is Tracks. I found a few intact cargo shuttles at the spaceport, and some survivors. We're heading back now."

Optimus smiled. Maybe they were going to survive this after all. "Copy that, Tracks. Get back here as fast as you can." Then he switched frequencies. "Information received, Skyblast. We'll start ferrying survivors up shortly."

Corridors, Nemesis:

Bludgeon strode quietly along, moving with the easy confidence that being the Master of Metallikato brings, stopping when he saw Jetstorm. "Greetings."

Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Medbay,Nemesis

Knock Out gave another chuckle - not the threatening kind this time, just the amused kind, as though Nickel had said something funny again.

"My, we do have an imagination. This space was given to me, and until someone of rank rescinds that, it will remain mine. You may participate here, my dear, but you are at my authority. If you have a hard time coping with that, well you know where the door is," Knock Out told her, maintaining a charming tone. Then almost as an afterthought, added, "By the way, do tidy up a bit while you're over there. I like my workspace to sparkle."

Medbay, War Academy

Having patrolled the expanse of the medbay, and most of the staff and patients ready to go, Terabolt would start to gravitate back to Ratchet and the others, but still remained on guard.

"Never seems to be a calm few moments whenever we meet, past or present," Terabolt commented, coming up near Hotrod.

Cybertron orbit

With Red Alert's prompting, Hound gave up on the station debris to instead scan the planet surface with the sensors, looking for signs of the happenings below. What he found was not encouraging.

"There isn't a whole lot to see," Hound answered, a grim frown on his face. "The 'Cons leveled most of it. I've got life signs, but not nearly as many as there should be..."
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Medbay,Nemesis

Nickel once again didn't even look as she set about organizing and tidying up. She earned everything she had and she'd be damned if she let this red narcissist bother her. She'd send a request later asking to be upgraded to similar rank but for now sating her irritation with a mindless repetitive task such as organizing and cleaning would suit her.

Hallway,Nemesis

Jetstream smirked at the confident strut that Bludgeon possesed and he leaned back amused "My my my what has you struting along so boldly?"

War Academy

Ratchet nodded at seeing the shaking off of the shock and looked at Hot Rod "Hold on to the Adrenergon kid, never know when ya might need it" he said as he started to grab one of the last MARB's "Ready to Ferry" he calmly stated as Brainstorm hopped on and mildly unnerved Ratchet with his strange excitement.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Corridors, Nemesis:

"Interesting. His stance, his movement..... "

Yeah?

"He was trained by those pathetic Temple Knights. You can tell In his movements. He knows a polluted form of the purity that is Metallikato. Remove his mismatched arms and beat him to death with them."

Totsan, I'm not going to kill him because he was trained by the wrong people.

"You would be doing him a favor."

No I wouldn't.

"Fine. You would be doing ME a favor."

Yeesh........

Bludgeon simply looked back at Jetstream. "Simply feeling good about life. And knowing that I didn't have to be trained by those goons at the Temple."

Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Corridors,Nemesis

Jetstream laughed softly at the jibe, his palm resting on the hilt of bottom of his blades handle

"I assure you I am superior to those fools. And my pedigree of training far exceeds any of them. Though I may add I can see your quite skilled yourself, your body movements indicate a mastery, but of what? There's so many arts I'm familiar with."

He smiles amused "Crystallicution perhaps? Circuit-su. Or perhaps you favor Metallikato." he drawled on. The slight accent of his showing through as he stared back at Bludgeon
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Corridors, Nemesis:

Bludgeon smiled thinly. Metallikato had taught him so many things, had raised him up above the dregs that the Temple Knights had left him to die in, and set him so far up above anything the Knights would have been able to do.

"See? You should kill him."

I'm not gonna kill him.

"Will you not do this for your master, for the one who elevated you?"

No. But I am willing to beat then slag out of him.

"Metallikato." Bludgeon dropped into a ready stance.

War Academy:

Nightbeat checked his plasma blaster, dropping the e-mag and checking the charge. Scowling, he slapped the half empty mag back into the blaster pistol and clipping it back into it's holster. He checked his mag storage compartment, and his scowl deepened. The only mag he had with a charge was the half- empty in his gun. Since everything seemed to have died down for the moment, he diverted some of his internal systems to start recharging them.

Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Corridors, Nemesis

Jetstream let out a laugh at that "Oh my seems you want to tussle, is that it?" he said starting to lean back and opening a door behind him and strolling on in as he continued to laugh at Bludgeons aggressive demeanor.

Inside said room was a makeshift training room Jetstream had made to sate his urge to practice without damaging something important.

The jet strolled to the far side and bent his knees and rested his grip around the hilt in a quickdraw stance "Well by all means show me your skills then. Could use the practice"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Quarters, Nemesis

"He was hangin' out in the mansion for a while, I think," Ramjet said to Dirge about Deathsaurus. "No clue where he's at now. The way slag blew up down there, maybe he's dead? Not many of the 'Bots left, sure, but not many of us either. Good thing I hated most of 'em anyway..."

He jerked his head towards the closet on the far side of the room. "That one was Skyburst's. If you managed to get any of your stuff sent up here before Kaon got flattened, the drones'll bring it over. If not...well, you're welcome to any of his junk if you want it. Otherwise, toss it."

Cybertron orbit

"That's great news, sir," Skyblast told Optimus. "I'll make sure the docking bays are ready to receive them."

He glanced over at Strongarm. "Rustle up your security team and make sure that the refugees get aboard in an orderly manner."

"My 'security team' is eight guys," Strongarm shrugged. "Pretty sure we can't do much."

"Then see if the Aerialbots can help," Skyblast suggested. "And recruit anyone with experience and an able body as they come aboard."

"I'll help too," Smokescreen chimed in. "These people are bound to be traumatized and might need someone to talk to."

"I'm pretty sure you can't do psychotherapy on several hundred people all at once," Strongarm told him scornfully, "but whatever floats your boat. Just don't get underfoot."

"Right now I'll take 'any'," Red Alert told Hound. "Pilot, take us down by the life signs that Hound has detected. And try to keep us out of sight of that giant starship floating above them until we know what side it's on."

The shuttle pilot nodded in acknowledgement and steered the ship down, into Cybertron's gravity well.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Training Room, Nemesis:

The hilt of his energo-katana dropping into his hand, Bludgeon strode into the room after Jetstream. "I was trained to be the best of the best. A workout is always appreciated."

Medbay, War Academy:

Hot Rod walked out of the temporary supply hut. He'd managed to scrounge up a couple of small Energon cubes and a toolkit.

A short time in the military, and all of a sudden he was thinking about others. Geez, he was slipping.

Well, he admitted to himself, he'd thought about others before. Not usually as much as he was thinking about them now, but he'd helped others when he could. But getting Energon cubes for those two who'd just been dragged in here? Getting tools for Nightbeat to try to fix that stupid cyclone cannon that had almost killed him? Especially when his better judgement was screaming at him to grab as so much stuff as he could and then make a break for it?

He smirked. Maybe he was finally growing up.

He looked over as Terabolt approached him. "When I'm around, it's never dull. I'm the life of the party." He thought for a moment. "But I can safely say that this party got way out of hand."

Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

War Academy:

Ironhide kept his optics on the sky, watching as Optimus hovered in the air.

He didn't like this. Not one little bit. Optimus knew better than that.

He understood what Optimus was doing. He was being a symbol. Letting the Autobots know, letting everyone know, that they shouldn't be afraid.

He just wished his erstwhile protege would stop hanging in the air like a red, silver, and blue target.

His H.U.D. had an indicator pop up, making him turn towards what, even with image enhancement from his H.U.D., was a dot.

------------------

Nightbeat pulled the first of his ammo clips to recharge, swapping it with the half depleted one in his gun. He holstered the plasma blaster and looked over as Siren limped up to him. "The medics get you two patched up?"

Siren nodded. "Yeah. Thanks for saving us."

Nightbeat shrugged. "It's what I do. I..... was with the police. I guess I'm just an Autobot now." He frowned suddenly. "Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

Nightbeat turned his head, then his body, pivoting, scanning the skies, then stopping, and a broad grin spread across his face. "I think we're going to make it out of this, Siren."

----------------

"Optimus, this is Tracks. We'll be back at the academy shortly."

"There's a lot of happy survivors looking forward to your arrival. Optimus out."

Optimus lowered to the ground, the wings on his backpack snapping together and rotating up, then folding down and locking.

It surprised him as he managed not to stumble, getting used to walking after flying was a bit of a shock. Not as much as flying was, but it was still unexpected.

Then he felt his foot hit something.

He looked down, and a slow smile spread across his lips(which, no matter what the voice of the Matrix told him, he was never going to get used to. He wanted his faceplate back in more than just battle situations!), and he bent down, picking up the heavy ion shotgun. It wasn't his ion rifle, but it was better than nothing.