[New RPG] A House Divided: Iacon (Autobot)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Landing Pad, Sentinel Prime Defence Base

"You can call me 'commander' or 'sir'," Starscream told Skywarp bluntly. "Subordinates don't get to call me by name unless I consider them a friend. And so far, you're closer to the 'irritation' category than anything."

When Defrauder climbed up to meet him, launching missiles, Starscream returned to robot mode and killed his engines. Dropping out of the sky, he shot the missiles with his null rays to disable their tracking systems. Then he reached out for Defrauder, hoping to grapple onto the Autobot jet, whose climb had brought him to within arms' reach of the Decepticon's path as he fell.

Talonflame's fire shot over his head, arcing through the sky harmlessly. As Starscream fell, though, he reflected that he'd made himself an easy target for the Autobot...if he was ruthless enough to risk shooting down his own man by accident.

Replying to Thundercracker over the comm he said, "Not yet. We want to lure in as many of them as possible before we bring out the big guns."

Tagan Heights

"Afraid? Hell yes I'm afraid," Predacon told Scorponok and Tarantulas, surprisingly serious for once. "You would be too, if you knew him. I'm stuck with the mech because he's family, and no one else would let me play around with the building blocks of the universe because they thought I'm a Decepticon spy. You people who joined him willingly? I think you're all nuts! And also, how dare you call me a doctor? I have a degree in literature. Mad science is just a hobby."

He delivered the line in a complete deadpan, and considering who it was coming from there was no way to tell if he was lying or not.

Shaking his head, he asked, "You'd destroy a priceless resource just to spite your enemies? I'd much rather use the Vector machines to make an order of evil knights to fight them. That way we'd still be messing with them, but don't blow up an irreplaceable minion-making machine!"

Shuttle

"Actually, you just did," Red Alert told Volks, now clearly trying to wind up the smaller Autobot for his own amusement. "Besides, you're right. All of those things are probably going to happen. But if we're lucky they'll happen to different people. That way the limbless one can tell the blind one where to go while he's being carried. Sucks for the sparkless one, though. But maybe Soundwave counts. Nobody could do what he does unless they're missing it already."

He looked up when Raiku volunteered to be in charge. His mouth opened almost instinctively to object...but what actually came out was, "I agree. Hostile environment aside this is a technical problem, not a military or police one. It only makes sense that our most experienced technician is the one pointing us towards our goal."

Red didn't like it, but he knew it was true.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Shuttle

Barrel Roll raised his optics. “Kind of hurt no one chose the Elite Guarsman…” the Autobot chuckled. “But I’m going to guard the shuttle for the way back home, and you guys are going to be your own. So, uh… Raiku, isn’t it? How do you want me to handle the approach to Soundwave? Doubtful that he isn’t aware that we’re coming. So?”

He paused and fiddled with the controls. “This shuttle’s got weapons, but not much. Just a bunch of standard guided missiles and laser turrets. I guess they didn’t want Soundwave the chance of detonating a ship full of explosives. I mean, well, not counting the little armory Roadbuster there brought onboard, anyway. I think you have more weapons than the orbital state of Protihex. Which, if you’ll pardon some dark comedy, is the one burning with blue-coloured flames outside your port window.”

“But I consider you a friend! You busted me out of jail and everything! That counts, right?” Skywarp asked Starscream as he pulled out when Parachute started returning fire. “But if you say so, Commander Star!”

Sparrowhawk, looking around and seeing Thundercracker unscathed, trained his weapons on the blue Seeker and opened fire with machineguns. “Scarmory, I think we kinda need those turrets up now…” the Elite Guardsman said into his commlink.

When Starscream dropped down to meet him, Defrauder likewise transformed, the Seeker reaching out with his own hand to grab onto Starscream… except that a blade slid out from Defrauder’s upper arm, aimed towards the Decepticon’s chest.

Talonflame growled. “Get out of there, ‘Fraud!” Sighing in disgust, the leader of the team strapped the sniper rifle onto his back and dived down towards the melee, sharp finger-blades extending. He didn’t attempt to strike, though, knowing how likely it is for Starscream to spin Defrauder into the path of his attack.

Tagan Heights

Scorponok chuckled at Predacon’s little rant, but respected whatever can make someone as unhinged as Predacon feel afraid enough to admit it. “I don’t really know him.” Scorponok said. “But his achievements are, indeed, impressive. Which is why I haven’t killed him and replaced him yet – which, if anyone of Megatron’s spies is listening – I’m not planning to at all. Just saying.”

He paused. “Us? Nuts? Well, have you met me? Or Tarantulas? We’re the textbook definition! And… literature? Really? If you say so, bard-boy… I take both literature and mad science as hobbies, my career is business. And politics. And, you know, building this army of Vehicons.”

Scorponok clenched and unclenched his giant claws. “There are a lot of Vector computers, aren’t there? It’s a shame that only the one in Kaon is pumping out Vehicons. We can hunt down the Vector computers in Praxus or Tarn or whatever, I mean, I’m not very familiar with where the Knights do their silly village rituals. We overtake one or two more, then we blow up some others just to spite the Circle of Life.”
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Shuttle

Raiku had unstrapped himself from his seat, starting to walk to the front of the shuttle as Barrel Roll spoke. "I doubt Soundwave will want us to leave, so as soon as we leave the shuttle, he'll probably start trying to sabotage it, and it'll need to be defended by just you alone. 'Join the Elite Guard, become a one-bot army,' that's what all the recruitment posters say, don't they?" Raiku asked, only weakly trying to sound humorous.

Raiku was already busy before he finished speaking, using his energy sight to gaze out the front window. The sight of an entire station with Soundwave's energy fluctuations flowing through it was not a pleasant sight.

"I don't see any shuttle debris from the last group, so he's probably gonna let us land. He's got better odds taking us out on his turf than out in space where we could run away," Raiku surmised solemnly. "We'd better not do anything to tick him off before hand. I know I'd want to save the energon in my gun for getting out of here, not risk running out on the way in."

Back in his own seat, despite the gravity of the situation, Hound found himself smiling ever so slightly. It was like he observed earlier - Raiku had the smarts and the level head for the job, he was just completely unfamiliar with military protocol. So long as they came out of here alive, he had no doubt Raiku would do well as a scout.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Shuttle

"That doesn't apply to all of us." Barrel Roll told Raiku with a smile. "Doubt I'll fare as well as the rest of my brethren stuck down in Iacon, facing Primus knows what. But I'll do my damn best not to die while you guys do whatever the pit it is you guys are coming to do."

Barrel Roll jerked a thumb backwards. "Though Roadbuster there? He's a one-bot army. In terms of firepower if not competency. He's infamous among the army, y'know. Prowl claims half of the budgetary audit for ammunition is his fault."

Barrel Roll scowled. "The last group's probably all dead or captured then. I don't like this, just heading into an enemy lair, but I suppose that's what makes this thing much more interesting, eh? I'm beginning a steady approach." He paused. "Newbie, whatever happens in there -- don't try to bargain or whatever. Yes, it's all well and good in Skullgrin movies, but trust my personal experience on this. In real life, in the ten seconds you take to attempt to strike a parley would mean ten seconds for the bad guy to shoot you. Or me. Take the shot soon as you get it."

He laughed. "Though I suppose you already know that, don't you? That spawn of a glitch Prowl wouldn't send someone up here that he isn't sure will do what he wants to."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Shuttle

Raiku scowled as Barrel Roll spoke about things with his... military mentality. All that sort of thinking, was what had caused this situation in the first place.

"I will never do anything with Prowl's thinking. And I did not come up here to do what he wants," Raiku told him firmly. "But I will do what needs to be done. For the sake of no-one else except for those that we are supposed to be protecting."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Shuttle

Barrel Roll gave Raiku a disapproving glare, then chuckled.

"Keep telling yourself that, kid. What needs to be done? That's exactly Prowl's thinking. In the end of the day, his oh-so-evil pragmatism ends up saving a whole lot more lives and ends the conflict far faster than if we went through all the bullshit the Senate and whatever heap upon us. Idealism is all well and good but completely and utterly useless." Barrel Roll sighed. "I didn't ask what happened that you guys needed to blow up Soundwave. Maybe Prowl did a little cock-up, this one time, but all the other times his under-table missions went through? Trust me, kid... don't judge that dipstick Prowl too harshly. You only see a very small part of the picture."

He paused. "That being said, yes, your spark is certainly in the right place."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Shuttle

"We can't become our enemies in order to defeat them. Our ideals, our values, is what sets us apart from them. If we're going to compromise them just to get the job done, we might as well have just joined them in the first place," Raiku snapped at Barrel Roll. "I don't know when my time here will be done, but when I go before Primus, I'll be able to account for what I've done without hesitation or explanation. I don't know if he'll be able to do the same."

"The sad truth of the matter is for any society to function we need both kinds," Hound interrupted with a firm, loud tone. "We need the ideals to aim for, the guys that will do what it takes to get them, and the guys that make sure they don't step too far out of line just to finish the job. Both must regulate each other," Hound's tone quieted a bit at this point, sure that he had their attentions. "But now's not the time for the debate. Question ourselves going into this, and Soundwave's gonna pick us off before we see it coming. We all know what we're here for, and why we're here for it, details specific to each-ourselves not withstanding. Let's get it done."

Raiku didn't look too happy about being talked down by Hound like that, but it did seem to remind him about the conversation they'd had earlier. Raiku said nothing else, focusing his attention on watching their approach.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Shuttle

Volks remained uncharacteristically silent for a moment. When Red Alert starts to make jokes (again), you really know that things are bad in a big way. He put his hands on his head and rested his elbows on his knees. "By Primus, what have I gotten myself in to?"

War Room, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

Kup was surprised about Sentinel's outburst to say the least. Sentinel had a well known temper, but right now it looked like he was losing his mind as he was raving on. However, Kup was more surprised that their communications network appears to be sentient, has gone rogue and now a handful of soldiers have been sent to eliminate it. He scratched himself behind his head while he took it all in.

Alright," Kup said to Sentinel. "You need to calm down, because you're letting your emotions get the better of you. I'm sure Prowl is doing everything he can to protect this city and if he kept it a secret then I'm sure that he had a good reason for it. You're making the wrong calls right now. I'm nowhere near suited for the job that Prowl has. Rapido is a great strategist, but still lacks the experience that Prowl has." Kup shook his head as he watched Prowl leave the room. "You're making a really big mistake right now, Sentinel."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Chip1123
Protoform

South East Border, Iacon

Post by Chip1123 »

"Didn't take much damage." Rapido said in reply to Jazz. "And I agree. While dangerous, those units were still just testing our-" Rapido cut off, mid sentence, turning away as Sentinel's message came through.

"Yes sir. I understand." He said, puzzlement in his voice. "I'll get there as soon as I can."

Turning back to Jazz, a bewildered look on his face. "Well... that's something I didn't quite predict. Sentinel just told me I was promoted and to get back to base immediately."

He turned to face Iacon proper. "From Sentinel's voice, it didn't sound pleasant. Hopefully nothing has happened to Prowl." Rapido looked back over his shoulder at Jazz. "Make sure the new guys know I'm not abandonning them." He said, worry in his voice. "And watch yourself out here. This isn't over by a long shot."

As he finished, Rapido transformed and rolled out to head back to base.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Call me 'Star' one more time and I'll tell Megatron you passed off all his secrets to the Autobots," Starscream snapped at Skywarp.

The seeker grinned as Defrauder popped out a blade, deploying his own in response.

"You know, if we weren't wearing that ugly Autobrand I'd try to recruit you," he told the Autobot. But as it is..."

He used his foot thrusters to put a few feet between himself and Defrauder, slashing at the same time in an attempt to amputate the Autobot's arm.

"...it's kind of a shame I need to kill you."

Tagan Heights

Predacon laughed. "He doesn't have spies listening for that, Scorpy," he told his fellow scientist. "He welcomes it. He might pretend that he's above it all, but believe me...all of this? This is just the next big blood sport he moved up to after he outgrew the arena. Why do you think he recruits maniacs like you to begin with? He's hoping you try to rise up so that he can put you down!"

When Scorponok suggested turning the other Vector machines into Vehicon factories, he shook his head.

"An empire needs more than soldiers," he told the larger Decepticon. "We'd be better off using the other ones to make scientists, explorers, colonists and stuff."

Shuttle

Red Alert spoke to Barrel Roll. "Actually, I'd suggest you leave the complex entirely," he told the guardsman. "Soundwave allegedly doesn't have any exterior weapons. There's a better chance of you surviving to get us out if you don't hang around inside. Like Raiku said, he's weaponized the interior and is probably more than capable of destroying a parked shuttle."

Red bit his lip, wondering if he really was paranoid. Was that even possible when everything really was out to get them? He didn't know.

I wish Smokescreen was here right now to help me figure out an answer.

But the doctor wasn't, so Red would have to use his best judgment when he was giving his leaders advice. And in his best judgment...

"In fact," He glanced over at Raiku and said, "if you think it's worth the time, and if we've got the equipment for it, we might want to cut our way into the docking bay through the hull instead of trusting the hangar doors. Call me overly cautious if you want, but the more we can do to confuse our enemy the better."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Shuttle

“Oh, I’d argue that we’re not becoming our enemies at all, but Hound’s point stands. Don’t let this little conversation effect the mission, eh?” Barrel Roll replied to Raiku in a tone that was not sarcastic nor confrontational. “Wouldn’t want either of us to meet the big guy in the clouds and explain that you screwed up because of a little argument. Wouldn’t want that on my head.”

Snapping back into his focused mode, Barrel Roll nodded when Red Alert spoke. “Just like a raid, huh, officer? You’re crazy-prepared. I like it. Been checking up the shuttle, Prowl’s buddy apparently repurposed this from a confiscated pirate strip-mining salvage shuttle and the buzzsaws and whatever they use are apparently left in. I can do that, and fly around and harass the facility with the little machineguns and pick you up when you guys blow the station to the pit. What say you, Commander Raiku?”

Sentinel Prime whirled around to Kup, expression furious but he took a moment to calm himself down before shouting out a particularly rude string of obscenities against the older Autobot. He respected Kup that much. “Maybe he has a good reason, but he’s the one making all the wrong calls, Kup.” Sentinel said, his tone still a little agitated but far calmer than when he was speaking to Prowl. “Did you hear half the garbage he was spouting? He’s the one letting his emotions get better of him. You know Prowl. Damned crazy perfectionist that he is…. such a big string of failures have certainly gotten into his head, made him go all paranoid and seeing things that aren’t there.”

Sentinel paused. “I’m not making a mistake, Kup. I know this.” His optics closed, then opened again. “What is making a mistake is being too malleable. I know Prowl meant well, and I do not mind advice from you or Ironhide – you two know what you’re saying – but I’ve been taking everything and doing them. This is not the behavior becoming of a Prime. I should act on what I feel is right.”

“All my gut feelings I ignored in favour for what sounded better at the moment. We should have deployed more soldiers to protect the fallen cities. We should’ve retaken the Vector computer without asking for permission from the Knights.” Sentinel shook his head. “I’ve been a terrible leader in the past few hours, but that’s about to change. Sentinel Prime will win this war. Sentinel Prime will protect Iacon. The Autobots will triumph.”

Sentinel turned to reply to Rapido. “Make sure you do.”

Military Transport, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

A squad of ground troopers and a trio of Elite Guardsmen were entering a gold-coloured military transport when Prowl shot towards it and transformed. A quick conversation to confirm the destination of said transport earned him a spot on it. Prowl sat, arms folded, as he glanced out of the port to look at the other landing pad in the military base. The Elite Guard can handle it, he decided.

Prowl let out a sigh. Sentinel Prime is too short-sighted. This puts a huge dent in what they are planning…

Of course, Prowl is far from petty. There are larger things at stake here, they can deal with his temporary breach of protocol later. If there is a later.

As the transport took to the air and towards the Southern borders, Prowl took out his datapad. There were five hundred and thirty-seven messages from Senators demanding explanations and the like, and that’s not counting Senator aides and general busybodies in the media. Of course. With Network dead there’s no one to staunch their curiousity. Not that Prowl was at the moment inclined to do so.

Moving to more military matters, Prowl absorbed troop deployments throughout the city, including the large group stationed at the North border. Say what you want about Sentinel, but his troop management skills were satisfactory, at least.

Prowl placed down his datapad, collapsing it into its compact state, and placed it on his wrist compartment. Prowl then allowed his shoulder-mounted wire-guided missile launchers to click into place from recessed compartments, and pulled out the acid-pellet rifle and swiftly disassembled and reassembled it.

As the transport approached the city walls, the ground troops began exiting the vehicle, and Prowl followed suit. Watching as they moved siege weaponry into place (weaponry that had Prowl had earlier ordered to be disconnected from any networks) Prowl began to calmly stride towards the Iacon walls, the large, gold-coloured protector of Cybertron’s greatest city.

There was a door open, allowing resources and medical aid to be delivered to the troops outside . A door that can only be opened from the inside, which would seal shut if the battle should begin again. Prowl stepped out, and immediately began walking at a brisk pace towards Jazz.

“Jazz.” Prowl called out. The strategist instinctively took stock of the troops around him. Topspin, Springer, Electro and Hot Rod were expected, but he was a little surprised that Sideswipe and Sandstorm doing with them? No matter. “There has apparently been a little change in plans.”

“Boo.” Skywarp replied to Starscream. “That’s mean of you.” Skywarp twirled in the air, climbing upwards and leading his pursuer up with him, then disappeared and reappeared directly beneath Parachute, unleashing a barrage of machinegun fire that tore into the Autobot’s frame. Without any means of returning fire, Parachute could only yell, transforming in desperation to kill momentum and get out of Skywarp’s line of fire.

Below him, Defrauder grunted as Starscream’s blade sliced off his own weapon, as well as a chunk of the arm it was attached to. Clamping his hand over his bleeding wrist, Defrauder snarled as he used his own jets to shoot away. Immediately as Starscream wounded Defrauder, Talonflame would sweep in, attempting to impale Starscream on his massive blade-like claws.

Sparrowhawk took a bead at Thundercracker and opened fire with his machineguns again. “Fall, won’t you?”

Tagan Heights

“He’s your brother all right. Insanity and theatricality runs in the family.” Scorponok told Predacon with a wide, toothy grin. “I like him. I’m not as stupid as to try to take over, though. I have no interest at being a figurehead that everyone is gunning for… I would rather be a supporter to a cause in which I have free rein to do whatever it is I want to do.”

Scorponok sighed. “Scientists? Between the three of us, the cause is well-set. Explorers and colonists? The soldiers work quite well in those aspects I think. After all, they’ve shown some individuality themselves, and training them is a data-download away. Why not make them multi-functional?”

Skies

Obsidian called out. “Hammer, Igern, Zero, you have your orders. Execute them. The scientists appear to have retreated safely. I shall lead a wing of helicopter Vehicons and support you with tactical advice as we probe the Iacon defenses, before unleashing the rest of our ground forces.”

(OOC: Will write a bigger 'Decepticons attack' post next week or whenever)
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Shuttle

Raiku frowned in concentration as he took in the new information from Red Alert and Barrel Roll. He was no military strategist, but it didn't seem like a good idea to go in making too much noise, less they ticked off Soundwave. They were going need some matter of cooperation from him to get into this facility with him controlling everything.

"Probably better if we save that stuff for the way out. Doubt we'll have the opportunity to make our way back to the hangar, better to have it as an extraction option. Don't want to show our full hand too soon, that'll give Soundwave more time to figure out how to deal with it," Raiku answered.

Hound nodded in agreement. "If he sees us so prepared going in, he might keep us out entirely. The less of a threat we look like, less likely he is to throw out the big stuff at us so quick. Give us some time to prepare."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Shuttle

"Makes sense." Barrel Roll told Raiku. "I'm not much in psychological warfare, but I can see you two are pretty good at it. Kind of embarrassed right now, being Elite Guard and everything..."

He paused. "So, to clarify, we go in, you guys drop off, I bail with the shuttle, and when I see the explosion that you guys make when you blew up the bastard, I cut in with the stripmine buzzsaws?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Ha!" Starscream laughed as Talonflame charged toward him. He activated his phase shifter, noting warily as he did that the device's energy supply was growing depleted.

Should probably go easy on it for the next while, he thought to himself as the Autobot passed clean through him. Once Talonflame had cleared his body, Starscream phased back in, snapped off a hasty null ray shot at the Elite Guardsman and returned to jet mode, rocketing straight up out of his foes' lines of fire.

"Catch me if you can! Oh, and spoiler alert: you can't!"

As all this was going on, he pointedly ignored Skywarp.

Tagan Heights

Predacon grumbled something about tunnel vision, then looked back up at Scorponok. "Lets just say that I'm glad you're not the one making the calls and leave it at that, okay?"

"Acknowledged," Hammer told Obsidian. "The bomber unit and it's escorts are en route, and the heavy tanks are preparing for the follow-up assault as we speak. The other Vehicon teams are standing by for deployment once the wall has been breached."

Shuttle

"Exactly like a raid," Red Alert told Barrel Roll. "If you're serving a warrant on a dangerous criminal you knock on the door with shaped charges."

Red Alert cocked his head to one side as Raiku rejected his suggestion, but didn't say anything. It was clear to him, though, that the technician's priorities were different than Red's were -- or perhaps the other Autobot was simply being more optimistic. In Red Alert's view, the only way they were leaving the complex was over Soundwave's dead body. Passing up anything that would give them an advantage would only reduce their chances of survival, not increase it.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"What?" Talonflame stammered in bafflement as his claws streaked towards Starscream... and passed through him without resistance. His momentum sent him tumbling downwards, and the Decepticon's null ray impacted onto his back. Yelling in alarm as warning klaxons blared in his head and his engines shut down, Talonflame plummeted towards the ground.

Parachute transformed into his jet mode and shot up in pursuit of Starscream, his locking computers attempting to gain a target lock on the Decepticon. "Talonflame is down, I repeat, Talonflame is down. Requesting backup. Scarmory, get those turret online!"

Tagan Heights

Scorponok shrugged as the paramedic Vehicon climbed up on his treads and began working on his shoulder. "I don't disagree with you."

"Excellent. Obsidian: obliterate." Obsidian told Hammer as he unfurled into his robot mode, hovering in place as jets and helicopters whistled past him. "Eliminate all who stand in your way."

Obsidian began scanning his surroundings, watching troop movements, and concentrated. If done properly, an army will move like a singular creature, like a hive of Insecticons (discounting the actual ones ululating below him), and overwhelm any defenses. Right now is the first strike.

"Jazz." Prowl said, squinting slightly. "Movement at twelve o'clock."

Shuttle

"Amen to that." Barrel Roll chuckled at Red Alert's comments. "I just hope this particular criminal doesn't have a bigger charge than us... or you, since I'm the getaway vehicle. Shall I begin our approach into the facility, Raiku?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Shuttle

Raiku nodded to Barrel Roll, remaining absolutely silent. He had begun to use his energy vision again, monitoring Soundwave for any activity in response to their presence.

Further back on the shuttle, Hound was getting himself prepared for the coming trouble.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Soundwave Facility

"Approaching for a landing. Get ready to get off." Barrel Roll told the rest of the team as the shuttle entered the landing bay which Broadblast's team had used earlier. "Hey, look. Another shuttle Keep that in mind if I can't get to you in time."
Springer85
Protoform

ooc: Sorry for the hold up!

Post by Springer85 »

South East Border, Iacon

"Good luck," Jazz said to Rapido and the latter left.

As quick as Rapido left the scene at the command of Sentinel Prime, Prowl arrived. Jazz could only imagine what went down back at the Academy for Prowl to be demoted and Rapido to be promoted. It's been a very long time since he and Prowl fought side by side and to be honest, he'd gotten used to having Rapido as his partner and strategist. Plus it's been a while since Prowl had been in the field. Or at least this close to the battle.

"So," Jazz said to Prowl. "Sentinel finally lost it, huh?"

Springer watched as he watched Prowl and Jazz talk to each other. The two clearly had known each other for a long time. Prowl's usually the type of guy you address formally. Jazz didn't. It puzzled Springer that a high ranking officer would be on the front lines, but seeing Rapido leave must mean one thing: stuff didn't go down well back at the defense base. Having Prowl here is good for morale probably, but even Springer could tell that it's a bad move.

He looked in the distance as Prowl noted that the enemy was approaching. "So what's the plan? Charging them head on only will probably get us killed."

"I'm hearing garbage alright, but it wasn't coming from Prowl!" Kup said very sternly. "You just demoted the single one mech that has the most experience in these type of situations! Have you ever considered that because Prowl is a perfectionist, he's not prone to mistakes?! That he might be right about his claims? Your blind faith in the Soundwave A.I. is going to be the downfall of us all."

Kup shook his head and squeezed the bridge of his nose. "Prowl was right in the calling for a communications black out. If Soundwave is feeding the enemy intel on us, it explains everything about why they have always been a few steps ahead of us. Think about that for a change!"

Soundwave Facility

"Famous last words," Volks said when he heard Barrel-Roll mention the other shuttle. "Or so is the case in almost all of the movies I've seen," he added as he tapped his index fingers together. "So.... Anybody want to go outside first?"

Landing Pad, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

"I'm a Seeker. Seekers don't do falling," he replied to Sparrowhawk as he dodged the incoming fire by flying up.

Arsenal

Magnus' head started to move and Wheeljack immediately took notice as well as the two medics that were there to monitor Magnus' functions. His optics started to flare up bright blue and he took a long look at the ceiling before his vision was obscured by Wheeljack's head.

"Welcome back to the land of the living!" Wheeljack said with much joy to his voice. "Judging from the fact that you're not tearing up my lab I would say that our experiment was a success, don't you think Highbrow?"

Magnus turned his head. "What happened? Last thing I remember was ..." And then it his him. Rescuing the scientists, battling the six changer, being held captive, tortured by Decepticons and finally.... Megatron.

Magnus' spark rate spiked again at the thought alone. "Calm down, Magnus. Calm down. We have no clue if or how long the armor we build for you will be able to contain the virus that you have."

"Virus? What virus?" he said puzzled as he looked at his arms and the rest of his entire frame. "I ... it seems that I went through a change I see."

"Indeed," Wheeljack responded. "When you were held captive in Kaon, some unknown energy source was introduced into your systems and we've been unable to determine what it is yet. Since we don't know what it is, we have no clue on how to cure you from it and have only been able to suppress it for now. Your armor is basically what's keeping you sane."

Magnus looked back up at the ceiling again. He didn't like what he just heard one bit and needed a moment to process it and Wheeljack noticed that. "I'll just let all the sink in for a few kliks. I'll get back to you and explain your upgrades when you're ready."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Chip1123
Protoform

Arsenal

Post by Chip1123 »

"It is a most positive start." Highbrow said in reply to Wheeljack. "I certainly didn't want to face an enraged Magnus."

Highbrow looked over to Wheeljack, and back at Magnus. "Our apologies for the change, but it was quite necessary - for your own safety as well as ours."

Highbrow took Wheeljack's hint and walked away, giving Magnus time to come to grips with the new circumstances.

------------------

Sentinel Prime Defense Base

Rapido roared onto the base, transforming before the guards. "On orders from the Prime to report immediately." He said, and the guards let him through.

Rapido made his way onto the base and sent a message to Jazz and Prowl. "Almost to the War Room. Jazz, What's the situation out there? And, Prowl, no hard feelings, but any relevant info you can give me before I get blindsided would be greatly appreciated."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Skies above Sentinel Prime Defence Base

Starscream evaded Parachute's target lock as best he could, shooting up into the upper atmosphere until cloud cover would make him invisible to the Autobot for a scant few moments. Taking advantage of that time the Decepticon turned end-over-end and went from climb to dive, falling straight down toward Parachute with machine guns screaming.

Tagan Heights

"Right! Well, keep it that way," Predacon told Scorponok. "I'd hate to have to find another lab partner. And I'm pretty sure me and Tarannie would kill each other if you weren't usually between us."

"As you command," Hammer told Obsidian, before climbing to a higher altitude so that he could keep an eye on more of the battle with his own optics. It would keep him out of the fight, but one fewer Vehicon in the battle would make a negligible difference. An all-seeing eye directing the other Vehicons, on the other hand, could be invaluable.

Shuttle

Red Alert got up from his seat and prepared to depart, gun in hand and shoulder-mounted launcher ready to fire. He hoped he wouldn't have to use either, though -- hoped that his eyes and ears and nose could steer them around any trouble that Raiku's more technological senses couldn't see.

"I'll go first," he told Volks when the other Autobot asked, then immediately regretted it. But there was nothing to be done about it now. Gently shoving his way past anyone else who'd gotten up, he positioned himself at the exit hatch and held onto a hand rail as the shuttle approached.

"Best give that other shuttle a wide birth unless we really need to," he told the others. "It's almost certainly booby-trapped, like everything else. We can try our luck at defusing it later, if we need it, but we probably don't need to be tempting fate right now."