[New RPG] The Two Solitudes: Kaon (Decepticon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Shine

Post by Shine »

Command Post Ruins, Kaon Outskirts

Before any such scramble for the weapon could commence, Skywarp teleported above it, sending it out of reach with his foot. Hot Spot mentally reprimanded himself for having forgotten about the black and purple Transformer, even though he was preoccupied with surviving against Lugnut's brutal method of execution. Battling them with firepower was out of the question as he had none at his disposal. They still had their powerful weapons, Hot Spot saw. Indeed, a difficult scenario he had found himself in.

Hot Spot looked up at Skywarp, tranquillity evident in his tone. “You sure about that? You might be better off, you know. The risk of not having him around may very well be worth the reward.”

Risks. Rewards. Sometimes a reward couldn't be attained without venturing into the realm of uncertainty. Sometimes one had to select a course of action and press on with it, regardless of the variety of outcomes it promised.

Hot Spot needed that cannon. It increased his chance of survival from nil to scant. A more encouraging statistic than the one opposing them without it.

As fast as he could, he transformed to his hovercraft mode, aimed his hose line at Skywarp, and sprayed him with a broad stream of pressurised water. A moment later Hot Spot doused Lugnut, too—although it was expected his bulk prevented him from submitting to the water's fierce pressure. No cause for concern. The hose line only served as a distraction for Hot Spot's true motive: to recover his fireball cannon.

After what had felt like an eternity, Motormaster had finally reached the command post. Or what little remained of it. Turned out Lugnut and Skywarp did manage to reduce it to numerous smouldering masses of wreckage after all. Impressive, considering those two still didn't boast a fully functioning cerebral processor between them. Who would have thought they would have been capable of such a feat?

Motormaster was careful not to authorise his presence to be known to the enemy, even his comrades. Stationed behind a large pile of debris, effectively concealed from view, Motormaster searched the devastated landscape for signs of life. Nothing—if he didn't include the activity between some lone Autobot and Lugnut and Skywarp.

Nothing. He had travelled all the way out to the middle of nowhere to accomplish nothing. Anger and frustration thrilled his emotions, making him emit an unnatural sounding growl. Dead End and Wildrider had better watch themselves, upon their arrival, as Motormaster's furious disposition wasn't going to tolerate a single error from either of them.

“Making good time, Dead End? You better be.” Even through his comm Motormaster sounded ominous. “And you even brought that idiot Wildrider with you as well, huh? Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid along the way, or I'll bash your cranial units together so hard you'll switch face-plates. Motormaster out.”
ScreamerFan

Post by ScreamerFan »

Approaching Command Post Ruins, Kaon Outskirts

"What did I tell ya Breakdown," Drag Strip said as he spotted a familiar burgundy roadster with a black roadster following him, "there's Dead End and Wildrider ahead of us. Let's speed up." They sped up beside Dead End and Wildrider.

"It's about time you two showed up. If we don't get to the command post soon Motormaster will have all our heads," Dead End said.

Drag Strip drove in front, "then let me lead the way."

"S-So, what did the boss say about the battle ahead?"

"Not much Breakdown, but he said there were few Autobots which means little chance of us getting scrapped," Dead End replied.

"Awe, that means I'll won't get to scrap many Autobots if any."

"Oh stop complaining Wildrider and enjoy the ride on the way there," said Drag Strip. "I see Motormaster up ahead."

All four transformed to their bipedal forms and walked up to the black and silver mech. Breakdown stepped forward. "We're ready for your orders sir."

(OOC: All five Stunticons are in their WFC bodies.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Approaching Command Post Ruins, Kaon Outskirts

Coming in from another direction were the Autobots Blades and Streetwise to help their group commander Hot Spot.

"How much longer Streetwise?"

"According to my readings we're about three kliks away. Let's just hope Hot Spot can hold out a little bit longer."

"Alright."

"Hot Spot, this is Streetwise. I have Blades with me and we're on our way, over."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Lugnut frowned slightly as the jet of water pushed into him, but didn't let it push him back. Widening his stance, he continued his slow, ponderous approach.

"Not that I don't appreciate the wash after all the exploding I've done today," he told Hot Spot, "but you're really wasting your time. You know that, right?"

He punctuated his insult by swinging one massive fist in the Autobot's direction.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger smiled after watching the festivities of Sunstreaker and Megatron.

"Well this should be intersting." He said to himselfing knowing full well there was no way the yellow Transformer stood a chance. But he did have to admire the bot's fighting sprit.
Shine

Post by Shine »

Even though Hot Spot's accuracy was awarded with a target, Lugnut's steady progression did not surprise him. His distraction was essentially what it was: a distraction. But it appeared not even an inkling of ingenuity invaded Lugnut's thoughts, as the cannon lay not too far from them both. To his dissatisfaction, however, the cannon was a little closer to the hulking Transformer—closer still as he advanced towards Hot Spot, bulbous fists resembling wrecking balls.

Maybe if he was struck with good fortune Lugnut might simply pass it by; his focus did seem to be devoted to Hot Spot. But he wasn't a particularly bright individual, Hot Spot had gathered. He could just as easily step on the cannon in his quest to mangle the energetic Autobot. Whichever way he examined it, time dwindled and his actuators remained vacant.

Hot Spot reverted to robot mode, offering his cannon a glimpse. “Wasting time? That's something I never do.”

He sprinted towards his cannon, aware he was closing the distance between Lugnut and himself—between pain and himself. One actuator speared the weapon and gripped the barrel, lifting it off the ground. An imposing shadow consumed his form. Lugnut's fist discovered Hot Spot's chest-plate with terrible force and lifted him off the ground, propelling him backwards.

His descent was far from pleasant, crashing hard on his back. Discarding the overwhelming presence of pain for the moment Hot Spot picked himself up and quickly opened fire on Lugnut. There was no organisation behind it, nor precision. Hot Spot had not recovered fast enough to perform a decent counter attack.

He suddenly received a transmission from Streetwise, informing him that his and Blades' arrival would be forthcoming. An incredibly welcome message to say the least.

“This is Hot Spot.” He prompted his form into motion, stumbling away from Lugnut. “Glad to hear it, Streetwise, but you might want to step on it. I'm wearing out my stay here and these gentlemechs are making sure that I go for good.”
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Ruins

"Autobots desginate: Blades and Streetwise, this is acting commander Sentinel. No doubt you have seen the two Autobots in jeopardy from hostiles. Get our fellow Autobots out of Kaon, backup is on its way. Use any means necessary to ensure that all of you survive. Sentinel out."

Skywarp kicked the fireball cannon away when Hot Spot blasted him. Being lighter (and shorter) than Lugnut, Skywarp took the blast of pressurized water in the face, and thus couldn't really aim his kick. Was it his fault that the cannon ended near Lugnut, easily at Hot Spot's reach?

Skywarp brushed his dizziness off, and, with a growl, charged Hot Spot and tried to kick the cannon off the Autobot's hand, ignoring a fireball that brushed his left wing.
ScreamerFan

Post by ScreamerFan »

Command Post Ruins

Blades and Streetwise arrived as Lugnut was about to end finish Hot Spot. They transformed to their bipedal forms and prepared to attack.

Streetwise fired at Skywarp hoping for a direct hit.

Blades, meanwhile, went after Lugnut. "Hey Lugbut, eat this!" He fired his "smart" rockets wanting to blind the giant Decepticon.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Officers Blades, Streetwise, this is military commander Sentinel. Please acknowledge."
Shine

Post by Shine »

Where did he keep coming from? Even without the benefit of teleportation suddenly announcing his presence at the most inconvenient junctures, Skywarp still hatched methods of getting up close and personal. Forget about his ability. He was equally as capable, if not better, without it.

Bad news for Hot Spot, especially since Skywarp had been harassing him the instant he had arrived at the command post. And that little occupation of his gave no indications of subsiding any time soon.

Skywarp aimed a powerful kick at Hot Spot's cannon, succeeding in his sole attempt. It launched from his grasp, spinning wildly in the air away from the two Transformers, out of reach once again. Two cannons dispersed across the battlefield, the owner unable to wield them. Quite frankly he'd had enough of being isolated from his weapons, prevented from executing his duties. Despite being a recipient of incredible strength and fighting skills, Hot Spot wouldn't be able to best Lugnut in physical combat but he certainly would be able to take down Skywarp.

He crumpled his actuator into a irregular-shaped ball, drawing it back. But before he could take Skywarp's face-plate off several laser blasts streaked past him, evidently looking for the teleporter. Hot Spot snapped his cranial unit around, seeing Blades and Streetwise coming into view. He released a relief-filled sigh.

“Glad to see you two could make it.” Hot Spot jogged over to Streetwise. “Do you see that Autobot over there?” He pointed to Impactor, in stasis due to his extensive injuries. “The mech got roughed up pretty good. He needs urgent medical attention. Fortunately reinforcements from Iacon will be here momentarily, so I need you to get him on their shuttle as soon as they arrive. Watch over him, Streetwise; his safety is our top priority.”

Impactor had sustained heavy damage courtesy of his encounter with the unknown Transformers. It was astounding that he remained in one piece; some of the manoeuvres he carried out against them danced along the fine lines between life and death.

“Blades and I will keep these two occupied until the others arrive. You look after our comrade, okay?”
ScreamerFan

Post by ScreamerFan »

Command Post Ruins

Streetwise nodded and ran to Impactor. "Help is on the way, you'll be ok."

"Sorry Sentinel, but we're here. Where are the reinforcements?"

He fired his photon pistol at Skywarp once more. Hopefully that'll blind him.

Blades ran to Hot Spot and fired another shot at Lugnut. "Orders sir, or can I cut up this Decepticon?"
"I have been a fool. Made mistakes. Monumental ones. But I have gained a clear understanding of my place in the universe. Of who I am. Starscream: aligned with no side; servant, to no one."
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Thrust walked around the corner, the newly acquired rifle from the dead guard in his hands. Accessing the situtation, he saw it had not gotten easier for them. "Where are Thundercracker and the other one?" He said to Lugnut and Skywarp, not remembering the other bot's name.

He saw the nearby Autobots and fired off shots at Blades and Streetwise.

---------------------------------

Near the Red Geist

"Come on Jazz." Rapido said, transforming into his sleek cybertronian mode. "We need to get there as quickly as possible." As the last word was spoken, he tore off in the direction of the battle.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
ScreamerFan

Post by ScreamerFan »

Command Post Ruins

Streetwise ducked as a shot went over his head. "There's another one?!" As he faced the direction the shot came from he spotted Thrust. "You're not getting me down that easy." He fired several shots at the Decepticon.

Blades saw the shot coming and began spinning his rotorblades becoming a shield. It hit the "shield" leaving burn marks on the rotorblades. "Ha, you can't hit me that easily." I'll leave him to Streetwise.
"I have been a fool. Made mistakes. Monumental ones. But I have gained a clear understanding of my place in the universe. Of who I am. Starscream: aligned with no side; servant, to no one."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Temple of Primus

Predacon led the group down to the stair's lowest level, then out into an old, musty chamber lit at one end by a dull golden glow.

"Here we are, Gentlemechs. A Vector station -- the Holiest of Holies." He grinned. "Anyone feel like defiling it? With science, naturally."

Governor's Palace, Kolkular

Megatron walked into his private arena and watched as the crowd gathered around it. As he went through a quick regimen of stretches to entertain the spectators, he whispered into his comlink, "Hatemonger, make sure we've got enough guards in here to control the crowd. I don't want anyone interfering."

Lugnut let out a furious growl as Hot Spot set him on fire again.

"Stop doing that!" he barked as he fired his machine guns in the Autobot's general direction (his vision being rather impaired by the flames, he couldn't aim any better than that).

Then Blades' missiles hit him in the back, denting the massive Decepticon's armour and knocking him down, sending him stumbling away from the fight.

"Damn it!"
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger heard Megatron's command.

"Yes sir." He replied as he got onto his com.

"All available guards please meet with me at the Arena." He said starting for the arena to being to prep and make sure that nobody would interfer in the match.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Kolkular

Sunstreaker grinned, "Complaining of someone's overconfidence? Must be nervous," He nodded towards the slightly larger mech. "You know I'll be there." He quickly spun away.

~~~~~

He got to the arena shortly before Megatron and immediately did a scan of what had to be a rigged arena. He was still scanning as others arrived, trying to find all the special little surprises that laid in wait.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Chip1123
Protoform

Kolkular

Post by Chip1123 »

Clench walked over to the arena, eager to see the match that was about to take place. It would be a good fight, especially if Megatron was rusty - Sunstreaker was the current champion for a reason, and he shouldn't take Megatron lightly, unlike some of his recent opponents.

---------------------------------------

Command Post Ruins

Thrust ducked back behind the wall as Streetwise's fire shot past. "Hey Lugnut, were our orders to kill everyone here, or just destroy the building? Cause if it's the latter, our job is done!" He yelled out, trying not to let panic creep into his voice.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Megatron gave Sunstreaker a cocky smirk. "Well, well...I have to admit, I never thought you'd actually have the guts to get in the ring with me again. Not after the way I dismantled you last time. It's surprisingly brave. Stupid, but brave."

As he taunted the other fighter, he waved to the gathering crowd.

Lugnut pushed himself up to his feet again. "We were only supposed to take out the base. Skywarp and I tried to leave but these idiots kept shooting us in the back. Even after I told them we didn't need to fight. So you're welcome to go, Thrust, but I can't promise you won't get a rocket to the back as thanks for leaving them alone."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Dead, dying... I don't care!" Skywarp told Thrust as Streetwise and Blades moved in. The photon blasts from the two Autobots forced Skywarp to dive for cover. While the one from Streetwise did not hit his face, it slammed onto his chest, a painful target as any. "I'm more worried about these tin soldiers!"

The Seeker snapped off a few blasts of machine gun fire, but otherwise didn't pull off any teleporting stunts. "I say we leave them now, guys. It's too much trouble, and we can say we're letting them live to spread the fear or whatever."

"Get out of Kaon, soldier. Reinforcements are on their way but it's a long journey from Iacon. Find somewhere to hide the wounded and wait for medevac." Sentinel told Streetwise.

Temple of Primus

"Where is Ginrai?" Scorponok asked out loud, then shrugged. He had tagged his creation, so whether it survived the little test-run did not really matter. Scorponok suspected Ginrai had taken out the guards in the Vector station, but has been incapacitated... ah, well, time to mourn the little techno organic's loss later on.

"I do think, Predacon, the whole point of this enterprise is to do just that." Scorponok said, waving a massive claw carelessly, knocking down a bunch of important-looking artifacts that are no doubt something 'holy'. "What do we do first, Pred?"

Obsidian watched as Megatron manipulated Sunstreaker into battling against him. It was an ingenuous, if not particularly honorable, plan. Sunstreaker would have been hard pressed not to accept Megatron's challenge, and Megatron certainly wouldn't allow a match such as this to tilt in Sunstreaker's favour. This serves as both a warning to those that would refuse Megatron, as well as re-establishing Megatron's place in the pecking order.

If, and only if, Megatron wins, that is... Obsidian felt a sense of youthful cunning from Sunstreaker, and he decided -- if Megatron couldn't defeat Sunstreaker, there was no point following this leader.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Fine, whatever," Lugnut shrugged indifferently. "This was getting boring anyway. Decepticons, withdraw!" Raising his voice, he bellowed, "Autobots, let this be a lesson: the Decepticons are not to be trifled with!"

He transformed into airplane mode and took off unsteadily, still shaky from the damage he'd taken.

"Leave us alone or there will be war!"

Temple of Primus

"To the computer!" Predacon shouted enthusiastically. Jogging toward the light, he smiled like a newly-created protoform who was seeing the world for the first time. Setting his hands on the computer's keyboard interface, he scoffed.

"It's not even password-protected," he said. "Tell me, what kind of supposed 'god' doesn't at least use 128-bit encryption?"

Turning toward Scorponok, he smiled even wider. "So...shall we make ourselves a multichanger? I really think we should."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Remember that name, Autobots: WE ARE DECEPTICONS! And we will win this!" Skywarp yelled at the Autobots as he followed suit and teleported away. (OOC: Do remember, Sentinel needs to be informed)

A short distance away, Skywarp collapsed to the ground, shook his head and transformed into jet mode and took to the air, his flight path taking him directly beside Lugnut. "That went well." Skywarp said, his voice not so bubbly anymore.

Oh, how Skywarp hated Autobots...

"This is Warpath with the Iacon Military, contacting... uh... Impactor, Hot Spot, Blades and Streetwise. We are coming in on your position, give us a sit-rep."

Indeed, the Autobot shuttle had zipped through all the city-states in one go, moving from Iacon towards Kaon. Warpath was struck by the stark difference between Iacon's golden spires and the dark and dreary slums of Kaon, but said nothing to the effect.

Turning to Tracks, Switch, Topspin, Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus, Kup and anyone else on board the shuttle, Warpath said, "Our main priority is extracting our men out. We have four confirmed soldiers fighting, one confirmed injury. Shoot to kill anyone who attacks anyone with the Autobot insignia."

Turning to Hot Rod, Warpath said with a glare, "That don't give you a license to kill random people, though. Fair warning, don't frag with me, kid. If you try to make a break for it I will show you what I can do with live shells."

Temple of Primus

"I don't think 'Primus', or the ones who imagined him into life, ever thought we would even try to interact with this database of minds." Scorponok said after chuckling out loud at Predacon's 128-bit encryption joke. "But honestly? I expected something at the very least on par with Eyderdex's systems. This is a joke."

Scorponok waved his claws. Where were Tarantulas and Thunderwing? Ah, well, more glory for him.

But all thoughts of Vector computers and its encryption was turned away as Predacon told Scorponok what they wanted to do. "Let us. Activate the computer!" Scorponok pulled out the datapad containing the sixchanger designs, and tossed it to Predacon.