[New RPG] The Two Solitudes: Kaon (Decepticon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kolkular

"But of course." Obsidian told the functionary, raising his arms and curling his skeletal fingers deliberately. "I expected no less."

With a slight tilt of his shoulder-mounted rotors, Obsidian moved into the fortress' main gates. His optics slowly took in the area, noting the hidden weaponry and traps meant to deal with unwelcome guests.

"I do assume that the gathering I see is not out of bounds to me, no?"

Kaon Outskirts, Command Post Ruins

"Thrust, TC, get yer sorry carcasses down here and help!" Skywarp yelled, while he banked down. It's a good thing Lugnut had both their attention, they won't be expecting an attack from behind.

But damn did those flames hurt.

Skywarp transformed into robot mode mid-air and teleported away, popping out behind Hot Spot, and opened fire with his machineguns. Before Hot Spot could turn, Skywarp teleported away again, for he recognized that gesture of Lugnut's....

It's his partner's infamous atomic punch, or as Skywarp liked to call it, 'Punch of Kill Everything'.

Appearing above the three combatants and hovering, Skywarp opened fire with his machineguns down towards Impactor.

(OOC: @ Shine: Sentinel ain't Sentinel Prime yet :))

Sentinel's reply would come quickly. To Impactor: There is no excuse for your flippant tone, soldier. Our network has been compromised. Find a way to escape from the hostiles, Impactor. We are mobilizing an evac squad to get you and your men out of there.

To Hot Spot: Hang on, soldier. Reinforcements are coming, but focus on evacuating any survivors. We have no idea how many hostiles are present, and we have to get our men out of there before retaliating.
Shine

Post by Shine »

(OOC: All fixed, Blackjack! Darn my greenness.)

Acquiring a response from Sentinel—with new orders accompanying it—Hot Spot emerged from the mass of rubble to conduct an examination on the ruins, searching for the Autobot. Sentinel wanted him to recover and evacuate all survivors present in the assault. Once that had been accomplished, the Autobot forces in Iacon would arrive to confront the unfamiliar Transformers.

Easier said than done. But Hot Spot relished those sort of challenges.

He suspended his search to reply to Sentinel's transmission. “Acknowledged, sir. Two individuals are present, but I suspect more may join them.”

Optics returning to the ruins, Hot Spot was oblivious to the peril looming above. A torrent of bullets littered the ground around him, with a couple impacting into his arm. He was fortunate to be endowed with durable armour-plating, but the bullets still supplied him with a considerable degree of agony.

He swung a fireball cannon at the sky only to discover it contained no perpetrator. He was puzzled—but quickly recalled that black and purple mech teleporting as he opened fire on him earlier. A remarkable ability, certainly. Hot Spot would have to afford that one his constant attention.
abcdekg
Protoform

Post by abcdekg »

(OOC: have they been officially dubbed "Decepticon" yet? very amusing bit of dialogue from Sentinel, either way :P)

Kaon Outskirts, Command Post ruins

The energon spear lodged into Impactor's arm snapped as he flew by Lugnut's legs.

Fun while it lasted.

Impactor picked himself up quickly after his failed strike at Lugnut's knee, facing the giant's back as he continued to speak. The Deception appeared to have paused for a moment, and Impactor didn't want to waste this opportunity.

And he'd be sure to reply to Sentinel in a bit.

He began charging at the mech's back when he realized the 'con wasn't so stupid as to stop fighting - though it would've been nice. And that's when he noticed Lugnut's left arm touch the ground. If he was bracing for something, then, well, Impactor didn't have to fill in too many dots when he saw the right arm lifted up.

Having gotten close to the mech, Impactor lept up towards Lugnut's back, reaching to hold on with left hand. However, as he got close, he pulled the hand back, having realized that without much of a grip (i.e., without support from a right hand), the only thing he'd be holding on to would be another lost appendage.

When he was almost touching the Decepticon, the shockwaves that travelled up from the ground to surround the mech - though much weaker than those on the ground - still sent the 'bot flying back a few hundred feet away from Lugnut. This time, though, Impactor was ready and landed on his feet, though his servos took a bit of a pounding and he doubled over to a kneel. Though a little shaken, with brute's back turned to him, he had at least a moment to get unshaken.

And that's when some of Skywarp's shots blew off what was left of his shoulder cannon, narrowly missing Impactor's head. Andrenergon kicked in through his system as he lept up and instinctively transformed, driving quickly in his better-armored and faster tank mode towards Hot Spot.

"Hey back-up, over here!" he shouted out to Hot Spot, trying to get the 'bot's attention. This counts as a formality.

While his main cannon was out of commission, Impactor still had missiles where it counted - loaded on the back portion above his tank tracks (OOC: what would be the missiles in his chest). He began firing a few of them in Skywarp's direction, hoping to hit the seeker - or at least to throw him off.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: No problems, Shine! They have been dubbed Decepticons but the Autobots don't know about the name yet.)

"Yo, fireboy-" Skywarp popped out directly beside Hot Spot, opening fire with his machineguns at the Autobot, snapping off three bullets before teleporting away again, lest Hot Spot smack his head with his rifle or something.

Skywarp popped out above Hot Spot and opened fire down. "-Fry this!"

But as he did so, Impactor's missiles streaked towards him. "Ah, scrap." Skywarp popped out, allowed the missiles to streak past, before reappearing again. "You'll have to do better than that. I-"

Skywarp did not have an opportunity to finish his sentence, as one last missile slammed straight onto his stomach, sending him tumbling heads-over-heels out of the sky. He desperately tried to transform -- he knew teleporting while he doesn't have proper balance, let alone sure that nothing critical was injured -- as the ground rushed up to meet him...

Acknowledged, Hot Spot. Stay safe. Sentinel's short reply. We are coming.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

((ooc: Sorry for delays, been chaos over here))

Temple

Close as the Temple Knight was to Scorponok, he wasn't able to get out of the way of the attack, taking the burst of energy directly. It did little to deter him from fighting, though, managing to break loose from it and also return the charge at Scorponok, leveling his sword as though to use it to spear through Scorponok's sheild.

The Knight battle Predacon took the punch, grabbing the other mech's arm hard and swinging him around, intending to throw him into some nearby rubble.
Shine

Post by Shine »

Virtually no time existed between the surprise assaults being delivered by the black and purple Transformer. No sooner had Hot Spot been a victim of the first, a second assault proceeded it, a trio of bullets seeking out the form of the energetic Autobot. However, he was prepared for a manoeuvre like that.

He managed to evade the shots but the black and purple Transformer acted with great speed and teleported above Hot Spot, arranging for his third assault to take effect. Hot Spot wasn't able to react quickly enough; he was irritated his fireball cannons were not granted an opportunity to counter attack. This fight was going to take a little longer than he had originally predicted.

A missile suddenly struck the teleporter, projecting him out of Hot Spot's view.

Or not.

He shifted his gaze in the general direction of a voice that seemed to have called out to him. Impactor, traversing in his tank mode, was approaching Hot Spot. “Good going there. That mech was about to make my functioning a whole lot worse. Think you can still hold up for a short while? Reinforcements are on their way now.”
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Temple

Scorponok braced himself, planting his feet onto the ground. However, the Temple Knight's sword proved deadlier than it looked, piercing easily through Scorponok's Zarak Shield and into his shoulder.

Roaring, Scorponok tried to make use of the close range to shoot the Temple Knight point-blank with his cannon.
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Thrust had left Skywarp and Lugnut to deal iwth the survivor while he scanned for any others in the ruins. He had not turned up any so far. He had almost finished scanning when Skywarp's summons came through.

"On my way. Got more company I guess?" He replied back, not expecting too much of a response. Thrust tore off in the direction he had last seen them, the sounds of the firefight more prevalent as he got closer.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Near the Red Geist

'We got it," Jazz replied to Grimlock. "Really appreciate the help, big guy. If there's anything we can do for you in the future, just let me know." Jazz opened up a small compartment on his left wrist and pulled out a credit chip. "Hope this will cover it. If not, I'll owe you the rest."

Large explosions could be heard in the distance and not long after that, Sentinel's communication came in. "Commander, this is Jazz. Still investigating an Energon theft, but we're picking up loud explosions not too far from out coordinates. What're your commands?"

Wheeljack's Workshop

The battle didn't go unnoticed at Wheeljack's workshop either. The large explosions and gunfire distracted him from working on the spyder. "It's like there's a big fight going on. "Highbrow. There's a monitor in that corner on that desk that's linked to a satelite. If you punch in Kaon's coordinates, you should be able to see what's going on where." He turned in his chair. "Sound to me like trouble that we don't want to be part of."

Temple

Springer looked around at the chaos that was going on around him. Everybody was fighting eityher temple guards or Temple Knights. Blitzwing was handling himself well. Like a pro. The others were too, but it was as if they were enjoying themselves a bit too much. Springer turned around and saw how Tarantulas enjoyed seeing a mech withering in pain as Tarantulas added another dosage of his cyber venom. "Hey, stop that already! Either terminate him or leave him lone. No need in torturing him!"

Tarantulas looked up and towards Springer. Tarantulas frowned. "You dare to speak to me?!" he spat. "I will do as I please, merc!" With that, Tarantulas pointed his Cyber Venom gun at Springer and shot off a salvo of darts ar Springer.

Springer managed to deflect most of the darts with his rifle, but one dart managed to hit him in the right shoulder. "Slag," was all he could say as his dropped to his knees and tried to resist the effects of the venom that was introduced into his exostructure. He put his hands to his head. Springer was in pain, but so far he was able to block most of the effects of the venom by pure strength of will.

Tarantulas let out his signature cackle as he walked up to the green and yellow mech. He put his gun to Springer's forehead, "You'll make a fine specimen."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Chip1123
Protoform

Near the Red Geist

Post by Chip1123 »

"I'll give him some from my account." Rapido said to Jazz, pulling out two credit chips. "It'll make up any difference, plus some. Thanks again Grimlock. We appreciate the help."

"The way I see it, we have a few options- Pull back, help those under attack, or continue on with trailing Razorclaw." He said to Jazz. "I predict that we will be ordered to help the base, or continue on our mission, depending on how many units are closeby. The least likely command we are given is to pull out. But who knows? Wouldn't be the first time Command goes against common logic."

-----------------------------------------

Wheeljack's Workshop

Highbrow frowned as the explosions caused slight tremors, even this far away. "I do not think either of us are equipped to be in a firefight." He said, walking over to the table to punch in the coordinates. "Let's see what is causing this commotion." He said, pulling up the satellite. "It appears to be..." He trailed off, speachless. "Forgive me, Wheeljack, but the Autobot post stationed near here appears to have been completely destroyed. I am picking up only scattered energy signatures in that area."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Near the Red Geist

"Nn." Grimlock replied to Jazz and Rapido noncommitally. He was, truthfully, getting quite bored. It's just as well that both Jazz and Rapido were kind enough to pay for the expenses. "You welcome."

Grimlock narrowed his optics as he heard the explosions in the distance, including the distinctive WHUMP from Lugnut's atomic punch, a sound he had heard once or twice.

Megatron's men.

Is it any of his business now, though? Grimlock fancied himself an unstoppable powerhouse, but faced against the entire population of Kaon, he would be torn apart. Should he get involved in this? Why should he?

Uncharacteristically, instead of running headlong into the battle, Grimlock transformed into his tank mode, and drove off in the opposite direction...

"Jazz, Rapido, unless you are currently engaged in something critical, drop whatever you are doing and help assist our men. The forward base in Kaon has been demolished, and the survivors are exchanging fire with hostiles. Your priority is to rescue our own, not to kill the enemy. We need everyone we can muster."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: Sorry for the big delay...been really, really sick the last week)

Temple of Primus

Predacon smiled as the knight grabbed him. He didn't struggle when the knight threw him, instead letting the wheels on his feet touch the ground so that he could steer himself around around the pile of rubble. Then he 'roller-skated' back toward the knight with a big, stupid grin on his face.

"You know...this is kind of fun. Have you thought of performing at parties?"

Command Post Ruins, Kaon Outskirts

Lugnut slowly, unsteadily rose to his feet after delivering his ground punch. Although he'd been at the epicentre of it and shielded from most of the shockwaves, 'most' wasn't the same as 'all' and he was more than a little bit shook up. And although he hated to admit it, Impactor had done a number on him as well.

He looked around and saw Skywarp crumpled on the ground nearby and the familiar red silhouette that he recognized as Thrust approaching in the sky.

Governor's Palace, Kolkular

Megatron gave Sunstreaker a mirthless smile, detecting the mockery in the other's voice only because he'd known him for so long.

"'Governor' will do just fine, I'm sure."

He took the other gladiator's hand and shook it.

"Now...just what are we going to do with you, Sunstreaker? You'd make an excellent Decepticon, you know."

The functionary's voice was indifferent. "So long as you don't misbehave."
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Kolkular

"Yes an excellent Decepticon." Still not quite understanding what a Decepticon was, other than the fact Megatron was now self-identifying himself and his followers as such. "An excellent and a possibly very poor Decepticon." He added. "There is an old Church of Primus proverb, 'Don't shoot the pump that fuels you." Sunstreaker changed his tone and spoke quietly as to not be overheard. "You may be ready to throw everything... Your money, your energon, your reputation, everything else you've made over the last deca-cycles and toss it all away but I think you'll find some of us less than willing to buy into your gambit without serious re-assurances that we're on the winning side." He continued on, "The Autobots have a larger army, better resources and they've been good to us, kept my shinguards made of pure solenium, yours too. You frag this up and you're left with nothing. You and everyone who joins you."
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Shine

Post by Shine »

Kaon Outskirts, Approaching Command Post Ruins

Although they were unaware of his belated insertion into the mission, Motormaster continued on his journey to the command post as if he had been selected in the first place. He didn't concern himself with any of the particulars belonging to Thrust, Lugnut, and Skywarp; they would handle their respective portions of the mission. Motormaster's primary concern was settled in the ground assault role he was to provide for the three aerial Decepticons. Those who survived the initial bombing were to be eradicated with rapidity. A functioning witness was an unacceptable product of their results.

They didn't like the fact that Motormaster was there to ensure fluidity and success was achieved? Talk to Megatron about it. Better yet, raise the issue to Motormaster himself. An answer would be instantly produced. One involving the use of his fists.

He trundled along in his semi-trailer mode, his destination drawing near. He could hardly compose himself as scenes of violence dominated his thoughts. Even if there were no survivors to dismantle, surely someone would be there attempting to repel the Decepticons. It wasn't as though Thrust, Lugnut, and Skywap were the most efficient and intelligent warriors the Decepticons possessed.
abcdekg
Protoform

Post by abcdekg »

Impactor approached Hot Spot and transformed. His cringed a little, as the pressure on his knee servos was beginning to cause him pain.

"Heh, just returning the favor," Impactor said to Hot Spot, looking around to see if there was any stray fire. It was calm for a moment, and he didn't like it. "I should be fine - better than I can say for the rest of my unit out there, at least for now. But I'm almost out of ammo. Any word on how much longer until the cavalry arrives? And you think you can hold up," he grinned a little, "because my circuits are telling me this is only a time out."

He turned back to look at the other Autobot. The silence was itching at him, and he knew it would be only a matter of time before the others fought back. Hearing some movement afar break the stillness, he reached his left hand out.

"Gun. I need a gun."
Shine

Post by Shine »

“Soon, I hope. Sentinel's not the type to dawdle, so I'd imagine reinforcements are on their way now.”

Hot Spot perused the sky for evidence of any uninviting figures or projectiles desiring to make their acquaintance. He beheld nothing in his vision. He supposed that was good up to a point.

Deviating his attention from the sky to Impactor, Hot Spot chuckled at his comment following the enquiry about the reinforcements. “I think I can manage. In fact I think we can both manage just fine, especially if you keep pulling off those moves you're doing.”

Impactor thrust an open actuator in front of Hot Spot, stating how he needed a weapon. Only a single glance was necessary to understand his somewhat abrupt request. Being the owner of twin fireball cannons Hot Spot gave him one, quietly pleased he was still able to aid the Autobot in their present situation.

“It's your lucky solar cycle, my friend.” He placed a cannon in Impactor's actuator. “Be careful, though. If you overuse it, the cannon can backfire, possibly spilling the liquid all over yourself. And if somebody shoots at you—well, I'm sure you'll know what will happen next.”
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Thrust saw Lugnut struggle to his feet as he approached. He saw no sign of Skywarp, which worried him somewhat. He also saw two Autobots gathering themselves not too far away from Lugnut. He banked their way, and started a strafing run, firing indiscriminantly, and hopefully buying Lugnut some time to come back to his senses.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Lugnut smiled as he saw Thrust join the battle, strafing the two Autobots who'd made a mess of their simple search and destroy mission.

"Good work!" he barked.

Once he'd gotten his feet back under him and steadied himself, he started to slowly stalk over toward the two enemies, intent on taking them apart with his bare hands (and a fairly heavy dose of machine gun fire, one assumed).

Governor's Palace, Kolkular

Megatron cocked his head to the side slightly, fixing Sunstreaker with a disapproving look. Observers would think he'd been mildly annoyed by the gladiator's comment, but anyone more familiar with the Decepticon dictator would know that he was quite prepared to kill the other Transformer where he stood if not for all the troublesome witnesses nearby.

"Mind your tongue, Sunstreaker," he said with forced friendliness. "People who aren't as intimately familiar with you as I am might mistake you for a counterrevolutionary." He smiled cruelly. "But lucky for you, I know the real Sunstreaker -- the craven mercenary who fights for the wealthy elite's fleeting entertainment because it's safer than fighting for something that actually matters."

His words were a challenge, but Megatron doubted that his one-time rival would pick up the gauntlet that had been thrown down -- if only because Hatemonger and the countless other guards would be on him in an instant if he made a hostile move in Megatron's direction. But the tyrant didn't take rejection well, and if Sunstreaker wouldn't join the Decepticons then Megatron wasn't going to let him walk away feeling like the bigger mech.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Kolkular

"You still have an arena." Sunstreaker replied with a sneer, the Governer taking his bait. "Your blind lackey showed it to me." He backed off and motioned towards the door. "If you would care to test me I can prove I go beyond that." He was more than eagre for even an unattended rematch. "Unless in you've grown soft and weak in the joints in your retirement. I can understand why you'd pass." He couldn't attack Megatron out in the open, Sunstreaker wasn't stupid. But he could offer a challenge that if accepted, would make him fair game.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger walked up to Megatron and Sunstreaker after hearing the comments from the two robots.

"My Lord is there an issue here?" He asked looking at Sunstreaker. Staying calm as he eyed the gladitor respecting the other robots skills but in no way being afraid of them.