[Original RPG] Collapse: Devil with the King's Card (Kaon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Collapse: Devil with the King's Card (Kaon)

Post by Warcry »

Once the Decepticon capital, Kaon has become important once again as Megatron's followers spread across the city-state, seizing control of its' vital locations. The city's Gigatron-loyal stewards have fled north to the Acid Wastes or been killed by Megatron's soldiers. The local elites, however, are less than happy with the situation and have begun to tacitly support a pro-Gigatron insurgency.

And underneath it all, in the belly of the ancient fortress of Kolkular itself, a menace greater than Megatron himself is stirring...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Stadium

"In that case," Mudslinger told Jolt, Powertrain and the rest, "I'd better go."

He filled all of his internal storage compartments and subspace pockets with energon, then said, "I'll give you guys a shout when I've gotten access to Kolkular, and we can start Phase Two."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: Ooo... Cards! Blackjack loooooooves this thread's new title. :up:)

Kolkular

Blackjack watched as Steelshredder scrambled away outside Kolkular's walls. To Dropshot he said, "Well, Dropshot, that's the traitor taken care of." Blackjack shot a warning shot towards Steelshredder "NOW SCRAM!"

As the injured Decepticon ran away, Blackjack said, "Let's go back to the control room, shall we?"
_________

Where the slagging hell did Solder take Bombshock to? Detour wondered.
_________

Streets

Steelshredder, broken and bloodied, ran away without any particular destination in mind. Finally contacting Frostburn entered his mind and he said. "Frostburn! Where is your base? I have been discovered."
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Kolkular

"Sure."Dropshot said to Blackjack,raising his rifle at Steelshredder and giving a few close nicks before walking back.He did not once turn his back on the helicopter,for he wanted to be no target.
~~~~~~

Bombshock flickered between semi-alertness and shutdown in wide swinging fluxes.His optics occasionally fluttered open to see Solder.

(OOC:It is a cool title,sounds like a tarot card :))
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: My sentiments exactly. :up: This arc's name--Collapse is also nice. What's Detente mean by the way? :p)

Streets outside Kolkular

Steelshredder ran as Dropshot and Blackjack's bursts hit the ground behind and around him. Shrapnel flew and scratched him. He transformed into helicopter mode--he always kept a few spare rotor blades in subspace--and flew away, while waiting for Frostburn's reply.

Kolkular

Misfire watched as Blackjack and Dropshot reentered the room. Those two are really effective soldiers. he thought.

Transforming back into Nebulan mode, Aimless stretched in Misfire's hand. Looking at the shivering Loadstone, the little nebulan flew to Loadstone's shoulder and said, "Are you okay, man?"
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Kolkular, old sickbay

Solder watched, wary, waiting, a monitor probe in his hand. Bombshock was as tough as he looked, it would seem, for his self-repair systems were able to pull him out of stasis. Each time he revived, though, he was a little weaker, a little slower; eventually, he would slide into the darkness...

----------------------------------------------------------
Kolkular, elsewhere

"Uh, yeah, yeah," Loadstone muttered to Aimless. "Been a long time since I had to fight in ernest, y'know. Is all."

Again, he wondered why Jaggor had chosen him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Kokular

Stratus' hover-limo touched down and the door popped open.

Stratus levered himself out of the limo.

Turning to the nearest Con he said.

"Take me to you leader."

Stadium

Jolt paused

"Greasepit has a South Sonic Canyon accent can you pull that off?"
Arminius
Protoform

Post by Arminius »

Kolkular

Gutcruncher's stratronic jet slowly began to gain altitude. Most of Megatron's forces had been distracted by Steelshredder's suicidal attack. He knew that making contact with pro-Gigatron forces was imperative. I might make it out of this yet!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kolkular

Blackjack said to Megatron, "Lord Megatron a ship (Stratus') has just landed."

Aimless said to Loadstone, "So I see. Rusty, eh?"

Outside Kolkular

Steelshredder contacted Gutcruncher--whom he know is a pro-Gigatron. "Gutcruncher this is Steelshredder. Where are you? I suggest we pool our forces to get to pro-Gigatron bases."
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

----------Drone Control Room----------

The turrets now wrecking the door bit by bit, It's only a matter of minutes before everyone inside woul be slaughtered. In the midst of chaos one of the staff shouted out with fear deepen in his voice.

"Please Lord Megatron! We ca...can settle this! I beg you!"

----------"RV Point"----------

"Frostburn I'm sending you the coordinate. Gleaf out." As the former hunter turned off his comlink, the second stolen truck arrived.

"Ay! Zerra! Pack those bombs and move."

"This gonna be like a walk in the park right?"

"Yep."

----------Detention Center----------

Falzi being held on both sides by a pair of non-drone guards. Taken without rush toward his cell.

"This won't hold me for long you know."

"Riiiiiiight I'm shaking now. Well you probably get thrown into the shark pit a day or two."

"We'll see then."

Activated his beacon. Waiting for his comrades to cause more terror in this war-torn city.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Kolkular

Jaggor flexed his damaged arm, gently at first then more vigorously. Dark Walk's voice warned him, however, that he would need assistance once the severed fuel lines thawed and began to leak again. "So: keep them too cold to do so," Jaggor snapped aloud. "My self-repairs can cope with the rest."

'Ah, but...' breathed Dark Walk within. 'The cryo-temperatures I am using will prevent your self-repair system initiating full recovery activity.'

"Then, I will find a medic!"

Close by, Loadstone nodded and replied to Aimless, "You could say that, I suppose. The security programmes I'm running mean I have to give my targets a fair warning and I guess I'm just out of the habit of 'shoot first, ask questions later'."

----------------------------------------------------------
Kolkular, old fortress

"Interesting... Computer: continue to monitor communications."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Kolkular

Bombshock kept his eyes on Solder as he turned around in the bed and straightening himself out. "Shumetime today doc..."He collapsed into stasis again.
~~~~~~~~~

"Another ship eh?"Dropshot grunted to Blackjack. "Makes me wish we didn't blow up the turrets...."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: Detente is a Cold War term.)

Stadium

"So basically, talk like Siren? I can do that," Mudslinger told Jolt. "THAT'S NOT VERY HARD, IS IT?"

"Maybe tone it down just a tad?" Powertrain suggested, chuckling.

"OK, maybe like this?" Mudslinger's voice dropped to somewhere between a normal speaking voice and a bellow.

Kolkular

"Make contact with them," Megatron told Blackjack as he reentered the command hub. "See what they want. And, yes, kill them if they're hostile."

He heard the plea coming from a speaker linked to the drone control room, but ignored it.

Acid Wastes

"If you think I'm that stupid," Frostburn commed back to Steelshredder, "Megatron can keep you. I've got an agent with an office in the old Trilex Building on Workshop Row. If you can convince him that you're on the level, then you can join us."

The resistance leader forwarded Gleaf's coordinates to Arachnid.

Streets

Arachnid processed the information Frostburn had sent, then pointed Blunderbore to the south. "That way," he said, transforming to his spider tank mode and charging off.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kolkular

"Yes, lord Megatron," Blackjack said and established a comm to Stratus.

"Unidentified spaceship, This is Blackjack of Lord Megatron's Decepticons. Identify yourself and state your business or we will shoot."

Detour moved nearer to where Bombshock and Solder was...

Aimless replied to Loadstone, "You'd better get used to it then. I'm new to this war too... It catches up with you sooner or later."

Misfire watched with bemusement as Aimless talked with Loadstone. Those two get on pretty well. Who'd have thought?

Steelshredder replied to Frostburn. "Fair enough. I'll get to you... In the meantime, you can find how they managed to know my infiltration."

"Follow me Gutcruncher, I know where a pro-Gig base is." he transmitted to the Action Master. He flew in the direction the Trilex buildings. Not gonna stay down for long. Megatron will PAY.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Kolkular, old sickbay

When Bombshock turned over to present his seriously damaged arm, Solder recoiled, half expecting his 'patient' to make some violent move - those optics had been too vigilant during his periods of consciousness. That exoform was of a line containing parts the medic would find useful, though, and he was not about to give up. He drew out a laser scalpel.

Hypersensitive to danger himself, Solder caught the sound of someone drawing near the sickbay location and, checking Bombshock was out, moved quickly to seal the exposed circulatory pipes and clamp an electoanasthaesia device to the relevant shoulder. If anyone entered, they would see him hard at work on the injuries.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Kolkular, just outside the Hub

Loadstone smiled at Aimless, who was perched on his shoulder. "I'm old to this war," he said. "Not as old as some, mind, but old enough to have followed Trannis when he took Iacon."

Jaggor's voice rang out imperiously, "Get me a medic! Loadstone...!"

"Playtime's over. Been nice talking to you." Loadstone raised his left hand gently towards Aimless. "I'm not sure exactly what you are, but I'd like to find out later, perhaps."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Kolkular

Megatron stood in the centre of the control room, watching his crew as they brought the fortress more thoroughly under his control.

Streets

Arachnid and Blunderbore approached Gleaf's position.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Stadium

Jolt nodded

"That's it spot on."

Kolkular

Stratus leaned forward and pressed a button on the com unit built into the Limo.

"My name is Stratus and I am a local Industrialist. I have come to talk to Megatron."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kolkular

Blackjack replied to Megatron, "He claims to be Stratus, a local industrialist. Should I let him in?"

Detour reached the spot where Solder was. He transformed into robot mode and wrist mounted guns slid out. He didn't trust the medic and he kept his weapons at bay just in case.

He entered the room. He saw Solder working on Bombshock on the table. He still kept weaponry at bay. "Sorry to intrude, but how's it going?"
Arminius
Protoform

Post by Arminius »

Kolkular

Gutcruncher activated his comm. "We have to get out of here fast before Megatron gets some air cover." His stratotronic jet had suffered severe damage and would be a liability in battle at the moment. Locking on to Steelshredder and Frostburn, Gutcruncher began to follow the pair.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Stadium

"In that case," Mudslinger said, still in character, "I'll see you lot later."

The Micromaster transformed to vehicle mode and roared out of the stadium, a perfect doppelganger for the unconscious Greasepit that was still lying on the floor.

Kolkular

"Let him in," Megatron told Blackjack, "but dispatch a unit of guards to make sure he doesn't accidentally wander into any, shall we say...sensitive areas of the fortress."