[Original RPG] Collapse: Devil with the King's Card (Kaon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Classicor
Protoform

Post by Classicor »

Foundry

Razorclaw growled as the two Overbite units (ooc: presumably in dinosaur mode?) advanced on him. He made a show of fending of their attacks, which distracted them from Rampage sneaking up on them. Once in position, the smaller Predacon, in his tiger alt mode, then jumped at the back of one of the clones, slashing and tearing with claws and fangs.

Razorclaw simultaniously charged the second Overbite, taking a hit from it´s claw on the right front leg that leaked oily liquid on the floor, but ignoring the pain for now. As the most agile of the Predacons, Razorclaw and Rampage complemented each other perfectly in pack-tactics styled combat, dodging and confusing their enemies, and the Predacon leader hoped that the clones could be dealt with quickly that way...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Communications Hub #3

Megatron nodded to Vindicator and said, "Good job. Keep an eye out for intruders." He nodded toward Relay, "Other than that one. I know him."

Striding toward Reverb, Megatron told the technician, "I need you to reactivate our outside communications as soon as possible."

Reverb gulped. "That's...that's easier said than done, sir. Without a crew...it will take me hours to bring it online by myself. Two hands just isn't enough."

Megatron nodded gravely, scowled and then turned away. "Relay, can you assist?"

Foundry

Acid Storm used his foot thrusters to swing around, directing his fire at the encroaching Whiskey 4 and hoping to take out the drone before it could focus its' weapons on him.

"I've had just about enough of clones," he grumbled.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Foundry

Whisky 4 slammed into the ground and slid along the floor towards Acid Storm still trying to fire at the Decepticon.
-Blackout-
Protoform

Post by -Blackout- »

Kolkular

"Better that than stand around and wait for my circuits to short out." said Overkill.

Stormfire thought for a bit.

"I haven't mass-shifted for a while, but I think I could do that." he said.
Blackjack

OOC: backstory yay!

Post by Blackjack »

Kaon, Approx. One Month ago

Blackjack, Detour, Hyperdrive and Road Hugger are officially no longer a member of the Decepticon army.

"Nice going, scraplet." Road Hugger moaned, as the quartet made their way through the legs of other Decepticons. Hyperdrive had pissed off a commanding officer. A fight broke out. The officer was killed by the little psychopath. However, Hyperdrive was declared unfit for duty, and as a result the entire Sports Car Patrol was put on probation and 'relocated' to Kaon. Relocated may be the word they used, but Blackjack preferred 'exiled until further notice'.

Hyperdrive grunted, and gave Road Hugger a punch to the shoulder. "The officer started it. I finished it."

Blackjack sighed. "Can you two just shut up? We need to find our way around this place. Get something for ourselves."

"Agreed. Greasepit lives near here, y'know, boss?" Road Hugger said. Rebellious as the purple Micromaster may be, he's no Battle Patrol material, and respected Blackjack, because the older Micromaster treated him as an equal.

Detour grinned, and pointed to a brightly coloured gas station. "There. I see it."

Blackjack grinned, and led his team towards the watering hole. Little did he know that it would be the last time the Sports Car Patrol would have a drink together.

~~~

Blackjack staggered as the powerful punch threw him off his footing and out of the window. The surrounding Decepticons stopped what they are doing and watched the two tiny figures grapple with each other. Blackjack grunted and twisted sideways as the blue fist slammed down onto the ground and tore apart the space his head occupied a nano-klik ago. "Dammit, Hyperdrive, it doesn't have to be like this!" Blackjack spun and swept Hyperdrive off his footing, sending his fellow Micromaster and team-mate crashing down onto the ground. "I don't want to fight you!"

"Then go!" Hyperdrive growled, as the two figures slowly regained their footing. Detour and Road Hugger watched from nearby, dumbstruck, hands hovering over their sidearms. The quartet did stop at Greasepit's, but the conversation soon turned ugly. "I want vengeance, Jack. It's not like we're murdering someone. He exiled us, for crying out loud!"

"No. You tried to kill a commanding officer, Hyperdrive. I stood for you and bargained for your life. I even allowed our team to be relocated because. Of. You!" Blackjack said, delivering a punch onto Hyperdrive's mug. Blackjack didn't believe in infighting — that's what got the Battle Patrol exiled for real — but Hyperdrive left him with no other choice. Blackjack calculated the odds, and the chances of Hyperdrive standing down, being the psychopath he is, are very, very low. At the least, he'll have to knock some sense into his comrade.

"Ohh no, BJ. You've had your chances. Hugger and Detour might want to follow you all they want, but me, I'm headed my own way. I'm through taking orders from you. It never got me anywhere." Hyperdrive kicked Blackjack's stomach, sending the black Micromaster crashing onto a tiny crate.

"Dammit Hyperdrive! We've been through thick and thin together. It's illogical to fight over this trivial matter!" Blackjack's wrists clicked, and his arms made a noise that sounded like a gun being reloaded. Blackjack raised his hands forwards, and then, from his wrists shot out nano-thin metallic foils, thrown like playing cards, only more deadly. A stylized Decepticon insignia adorned each metallic card.

Hyperdrive grunted as the first two playing card-sized projectiles slammed onto his arm and chest. "You are unfit for leadership, Blackjack. We'll all rot here if we follow your orders! I'm taking over!"

"Slag you. It's because of me you survived here. And I'd rather not take my chances with you being leader. It's illogical." Blackjack hissed, and launched another salvo of metallic cards.

Hyperdrive cursed as one of the cards sliced through his cheek, the force of the impact making him stumble backwards. "Fine. I quit." Hyperdrive said, glowering. "No more Sports Car Patrol. From this day on, Hyperdrive is a mech for himself."

The blue Decepticon transformed and sped off. Blackjack shouted after him, "You frikkin' idiot! Don't go back! You'll only get yourself killed!"

"I won't. I'm just leaving your employ." Hyperdrive replied, before swerving away.

And it was quiet. Blackjack looked at Detour and Road Hugger, and sighed, his optics weary. "Road Hugger..." He begun, but his second-in-command caught his hint.

"I'll watch him." Road Hugger promised, and transformed and sped off too. Blackjack, tired, fell to his knees, numb, not sure whether he had done the right thing.

Kolkular, now

Blackjack was still unsure whether he did the right thing. But whatever Road Hugger said to Hyperdrive, at least it meant the two didn't get killed. For some reason, Blackjack wished Hyperdrive didn't die yet. He didn't like the little ball of hate, but they've been together in a team long enough for Blackjack to actually care for Hyperdrive.

But the two went radio silent a long time ago. And now with Detour's fate uncertain... Blackjack may well be the last surviving member of the Sports Car Patrol. Stormfire's question went unanswered for some time, before Blackjack was jolted back into reality. "Hmmm? Oh, I mean... oh, sure. Mass shifting." Blackjack said, his eyes still looking at Hyperdrive's hate as his comrade punched him. What had he done wrong until it drove Hyperdrive to such extreme measures?
-Blackout-
Protoform

Post by -Blackout- »

Kolkular

Stormfire transformed into jet mode.

"Get in."

Overkill jumped into the cockpit.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Communications Hub #3

Relay started when Megatron called his name and stood upright, then strode quickly into the Hub to check the panels where Reverb has been sitting. "There's power available," he reported promptly. "Needs work and a little time, but it should come online without too many complications."

Now, this was what Relay had been created for: communications arrays. He put down the camera and reached into his discrete subspace pocket to retrieve a case containing a set of workmech's fine tools.

"Give me two cycles and some help, and it'll be running in the locality. Give me three more and I'll have Kaon reconnected to the rest of the world!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Kolkular

Trying not to sound too over-eager, Solder spoke: "It's possible Overkill will lapse into stasis lock if he doesn't receive internal reconstruction soon. The hospital will have a suitable bay, I'm sure. And I'm willing to attend him, of course."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Foundry

"Control your imp!" Dark Walk's sharp vocals came out of the Overbite he was controlling. None of Aimless' blasts even got anywhere near hitting him, but he did not want to risk damage to his ride.

"Misfire," Jaggor warned. "Cease firing. Keep it for the enemy." He lifted his head and called out, "Dark Walk, I need your special skills..."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Blackout-
Protoform

Post by -Blackout- »

Kolkular

"Could you just stop talking and get in?" shouted Stormfire.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kolkular

"He's got a point, Solder. Get in fast. Overkill, Stormfire... good luck." Blackjack turned to the Reflectors. "Any luck?"

Foundry

"I know!" Misfire said, and then dropped the out-of-control Aimless to the ground. The Nebulan transformed into humanoid mode. Misfire picked him up none-too-gently and shoved him into the cockpit. "This is why I hate organics." he said, and pulled out a rifle that looked like Aimless in gun mode, only this one doesn't transform. "I'll bet I aim better with this. Apologies, Dark Walk."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Kolkular

...and Solder quickly clambered into Stormfire's cockpit, quite unable to believe the turn of events in his favour.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Foundry

"Apologies accepted," Dark Walk replied to Misfire, but added coldly, "Providing I'm permitted to investigate the internal mechanisms of this being when there is adequate time."

Jaggor raised one gun and targeted movement on a walkway above. He had no idea who/what he hit, just that he had. "I expected some kind of outflanking monoeuvre, but there's none," he remarked. "It's probable our mysterious Stratus has pulled back his surviving units to the lower level."

"Hmm. I wonder what he's defending? Himself?" Dark Walk mused as he took the Overbite to the edge of the hole in the floor and considered the drop - and the sound of rending metal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Communications Hub #3

"That's impossible," Reverb said to Relay, but his tone was one of awe, not disbelief. "What do you need me to do?"

Megatron turned away from the technicians as they talked shop. He gestured with one hand for Vindicator to draw closer to him. "I have a question for you," he told the other Decepticon.

Foundry

Acid Storm thrusted sideways, trying to evade Whisky 4's fire and, at the same time, propel himself past the bulk of the attackers. He hadn't decided yet whether he'd take the time to shoot them in the back, or if he would just leave them for the Predacons and the dwarf to tend to.

No time for this, he thought. Can't let that slagheap Stratus get away!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Foundry

Detour saw as Razorclaw and Rampage tore into the drones, and as Acid Storm tore off on some vengeful attack. No wonder. This Stratus character killed the Seeker's entire team... "Hey, Razorclaw! Storm and me are going to kill the boss of the operations! Reinforcements should arrive soon."

With that, Detour transformed into his tiny car mode and zigzagged through the rampaging mass of legs and bodies. The yellow car took the lower route while Acid Storm blasted his way over the mass of clones. Detour opened fire on the nearby clones and tiny laser bolts- or rather pinpricks- slammed into their exostructure, no doubt causing insignificant damage.

Detour caught up with Acid Storm soon enough, and followed the green Seeker.

Misfire nodded, ignoring the loud protests coming from Aimless. "Feel free. Have you ever seen an organic creature before?"

Gesturing to the hole in the floor and the moving figures within, he asked, "Should we help?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Foundry

Stratus calmly walked along the hidden passage that his strike force had followed earlier.

The Decepticons had attacked in force, hopefully his clone would help him escape

~*~

Whisky 4 slid to a halt it's nose crumpled from the impact with a supporting pillar.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Communications Hub #3

"Just follow my lead," Relay instructed Reverb, spinning a Cybertronian screwdriver out of the case and into his palm. "I'm sure you wouldn't be working here if you weren't a bright 'bot."

He knelt to pry open a consol's inspection hatch and pointed to a red junction box among tangled wiring. "Delta circuits can be rerouted to boost signal clarity if you jump two main solenoids into one linear extension..."

(OOC - making this up as I go, folks ;))

---------------------------------------------------------------
Foundry

Dark Walk could not make the Overbite smile, but his tone projected a certain chill humour. "Organics? I have - ah - worked on some hithertofore."

"It sounds like our help isn't needed," Jaggor said to Misfire. "But... the more the merrier." As before, he was the first to jump.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Communications Hub #3

Vindicator turned to Megatron curious about what he wanted to know.

"My Lord, what is it you wish to know?" Vindicator replied.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Communications Hub #3

Reverb nodded along with Relay's instructions, then started to do as he was told. "That is...wildly against regulations, but if we keep the power flux under 80% of normal tolerances, it should hold together."

Megatron looked Vindicator in the optics and asked bluntly, "Why do you follow me?"

Foundry

Acid Storm made a disgusted noise as Detour caught up with him.

"If you think you're running away from trouble, you're in for a surprise," he told the timid Micromaster.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Foundry

Aimless asked in panic, "What does hithertofore mean, Misfire?"

Misfire cracked a grin, and said, "You're smart. Figure it out." before jumping down with Jaggor. He's became accustomed to the larger Decepticon, ever since their meeting in Polyhex.

"Anywhere is better than this chaotic hellhole filled with clones." he said to Acid Storm. "Besides, you're goin' for the boss, from the looks of it. I want in. I have a score to settle with him." he said.

Kolkular

Blackjack turned to the Reflectors, "Any luck?" The Micromaster turned to see more of Galestorm's men arrive, carrying some of the wounded and salvaged equipment, piling all of them in the room as Blackjack requested.
Classicor
Protoform

Post by Classicor »

Foundry

Razorclaw send a short transmission to the departing Detour and Acid Storm:

"Affirmative. We´ll keep your backs clear, but don´t expect us to hang behind forever - as soon as these clones have been disposed of, we´ll follow your scent and take a few bites out of the prey once we arrive".

Razorclaw then returned to tearing apart Wiskey 1 and 3 together with Rampage.

(ooc@optimusskids: the Predacons should have finished the clones by now, right?)
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Communications Hub #3

Vindicator was sunned at the question Megatron just asked. He had not expected to be asked a question like this.

Not wishing to keep his lord waiting Vindicator gave the quickest answer he could think of on the spot.

"My Lord I follow you because you are the leader of the Decepticons and because I believe you are the only one worthy of leading. May I ask you why you wish to know?" Vindicator replied to Megatron hoping that his answer would be good enough for his leader.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Foundry

Whisky 1 lay still lifeless, Whisky 3 horribly mangled transformed into robot mode and staggered painfully away weaving back and forth.