Skyquake87
Protoform

Siege Lionizer

Post by Skyquake87 »

Name: Lionizer
Allegiance: Autobot
Size Class: Battle Master
Accessories: Slashing “Fire Blast” effect

Whilst the likes of Blowpipe and Firedrive have left me underwhelmed as far as Battle Masters go, Lionizer makes the Size Class feel worthwhile. Mainly for bringing back one of the coolest things to come out of the Action Masters subline from the early ‘90s; transforming partner robots. Lionizer originally came with the Autobot Rad (and wouldn’t it be neat to see some of the original Action Masters get the Generations treatment?) and turned into a gun. Here, he’s a sword and he’s pretty awesome.

Robot Mode: Apparently, Lionizer is a lion. Doesn’t look much like one to me, looking as he does, distinctly wolf-like. Must be the colours, which are two shades of unpaintable black and grey plastics. Still, he looks really, really good. The sculpting is nice and angular, and he’s full of bounce. There’s some red flashes for the eyes and he’s got a neat looking snarl. Mounted on his back is a rather obvious chunk of alt-mode, but I like that it’s fashioned into a mighty back-mounted cannon for him. He looks fierce.

Weapon Mode: I like the melee weapons some Transformers have, so it’s nice that Lionizer turns into a sword (complete with actually good swooshing effect piece) that can be wielded by ...whomever. My chosen partner for Lionizer is Hound. The colours are a good match and I like the idea of Hound having an animalistic partner.

Marks out of ten for the following:

Transformation Design: A nice, straight forward sequence which is made all the better for having the limbs lock and tab together. This makes the alt-mode feel solid and stable, a clear win over his 1990s counterpart. 7/10

Articulation: Not masses, but having legs that can all move lends a little bit of liveliness to the figure. 6/10

Durability: Lionizer seems solid enough. Just the blast effect piece to worry about losing. 9/10

Fun: I’ve had easily the most fun and joy from Lionizer out of the first Wave of Battle Masters. He’s great fun to have prowling around and pouncing at Decepticons, as well as hanging around with Hound. 8/10

Price: £6.99. The fun I’ve had with figure has meant he’s felt worth the asking price. Obectively, it’s not a good price and doesn’t represent good value for money. 6/10

Overall: Easily the best of the first wave of Battle Masters, if only because Lionizer has always felt like a legit Transformer. I hope the Siege line brings us more of these guys and less of the fun vacuum that the Targetmasters are. 7/10
Attachments
Siege Lionizer 04 (480x640).jpg
Siege Lionizer 04 (480x640).jpg (169.61 KiB) Viewed 6652 times
Lionizer 03 (640x480).jpg
Lionizer 03 (640x480).jpg (169.79 KiB) Viewed 6652 times
Lionizer 02 (640x480).jpg
Lionizer 02 (640x480).jpg (171.19 KiB) Viewed 6652 times
Lionizer 01 (640x480).jpg
Lionizer 01 (640x480).jpg (164.55 KiB) Viewed 6652 times