[More of what not to do: plagiarism]

Working area for reviews.

Moderators: Skyquake87, ganon578

mattman34
Protoform

night watch optimus prime review

Post by mattman34 »

now because im donig the figure.review very soon.
mattman34
Protoform

Post by mattman34 »

Name:Nightwatch Optimus Prime
Function: Autobot Commander
Scale: 1/27 or 1/29, depending

Alternate Mode:
Optimus’ 2007 movie alternate mode is a Peterbilt truck.I dont like it as much as the robot mode but still some fun to be had here.The transformation is really fun to do,but not for a five year old.
The trucks colour scheme consists of primarily blue and black, the front end being mostly blue with dark gray flames extending partway up along the front of the nose on a background of black fading into grey. The grey itself turns into flames as it extends across the cab on a background of dark blue and the cab roof also has the grey flame extending into a dark blue background. The windows of the cab and headlights are all translucent dark blue and the smokestacks are a bendy, soft plastic. The rubber wheels and Autobot symbol on the front end right above the grille is a nice touch.

Robot Mode:
The best thing for me- Prime has articulation.His fingers and feet are pretty poseable and probably possess the best articulation on the toy- it’s a ball joint so there is plenty of rotation and it’s a snug enough hold to keep the figure in place once you’ve posed him (as long as he isn’t leaning too far backwards) and the movement of the joint is very smooth. Prime’s feet also posses the “Automorph” transformation feature to aid in transforming from front bumper to robot feet.

Strangely enough, Prime rotates better at the knee than he does bend… you can twist the entire lower leg below the knee 360 degrees if you want- not that it does any good, it doesn’t really effect anything and isn’t at all useful during transformation as far as I can see. Both of Prime’s hands are almost fully moveable- all the fingers are nicely jointed and can move independently of one another, but the hand is fused to the plastic base at the wrist so you can't bend it or twist it. Unfortunately, the elbow joint is just as stiff as the rest of the joints on the figure.

The decent parts of this figure are probably mostly within the gimmicks- the “Automorph” transformations of the head from truck to robot, and the transformation of the feet mentioned earlier. Unlike Prime’s feet, his heads transformation is fully automated and simply involves pushing up on a part of the torso. This part of the transformation is accompanied by “transforming” sounds.

Transformation: 10. A really smart transformation.love it.
Durability: 9. the only probs ive had are the arms.
Fun: 10. The transformation is pretty nifty and posing is really good.
Price: 4. 40 Big ones is a lot for one toy.
Overall: 9. A really decent figure and has some fun features even if you arent a big prime fan, i just love the grey/black flame colour scheme. A must buy.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Please tell me this isn't finished. Because you are missing the Vehicle Mode Review. Otherwise, very great review. I didn't even know the figure was out yet though...
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
mattman34
Protoform

Post by mattman34 »

its out in the uk, where i live.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Hmm...why 3 for durability? 10 is the most durable, 1 breaks easily...so with a problem with the arms, you're giving him 3?

The clicking sounds indicate a ratchet joint. It works with two sets of gears moving onto each other, hence the constant clicking. It's, in my opinion, the most durable kind of joint and doesn't wear out easily. You might want to correct that.

On the final paragraph, heads needs an apostrophe.

It's pretty refreshing to see a youngster [in terms of join date] produce such a detailed review when it comes to articulation, but you omitted several points about the overall detailing of the figure. There's also sounds for a beeping horn in vehicle mode, and the wheels are rubber.

Keep up the good work man
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Vagabond Elf
Protoform

Post by Vagabond Elf »

No to be telling tales out of school, and my apologies if you're really the same person, but...

http://www.tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/m ... leader.php
11 November - Lest We Forget
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Since movie toys are so popular, we allow for 2 per figure for some occasions, and both Leader Primes reviewed are the original deco, not nightwatch.
Vagabond Elf
Protoform

Post by Vagabond Elf »

My point is that, other than the paragraph about the paint scheme, mattman34's review is word-for-word from the original review.

This may be innocent, perhaps he is also the "sadie" to whom the first review is credited. Perhaps this is the normal way of doing things for TFA; I'm new here.

But I saw a potential case of plagarism, and thought I'd bring it to the attention of others.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Now that you mention it...and no, they're not the same person. Pretty good observation, mate.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Vagabond Elf
Perhaps this is the normal way of doing things for TFA; I'm new here.

No, it's not. And good eye...

I don't know if he just copied Sadie's review and changed a few parts where his opinion different, or if he was just using hers as a template and has finished writing his yet.
Vagabond Elf
Protoform

Post by Vagabond Elf »

Originally posted by Clay
. And good eye...

<shrug> I'm a retail manager trained as a librarian. Noting details is what i do.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I nominate this thread for closing. As this is basically plagurism.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
mattman34
Protoform

Post by mattman34 »

your all spamming spazzies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!