-poll deleted-

Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes: 0

Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Blackjack wrote:Treadshot, you do so many great kitbashes. Can't wait to see the Galvatron. Rattrap looks nice, BTW.

And to numbat... Um, you should've told me yesterday. Pictures are here already. Two LOC Megatrons. Not Megatron and Megaplex.
Thanks! Sorry to keep you waiting on Galvatron, i just can't put him down. I keep thinking of new paint apps and such. I'll get to him soon, and his (friend? partner in crime?) Nemesis Prime.

Wow, before reading the review, i never knew that there were so many megatrons. I pity people that have to research this, though it's definitely memorable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

To think they were the first ones i ever completed... :D

Thanks a lot! if only i could find them. Probably stuffed in a box somewhere; i don't have enough shelves. If i find them, i'll get better pics.

EDIT: no wonder i couldn't find them, i'd taken them out to show some friends. Stuffed in my backpack. Grrr...

Yeah the pics are at the above link.

Hey Blackjack, this is before G1. Lugnut's animated stylee might have been not all the rage at that time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

Proofed!

I didn't know Lockdown was based on Boba Fett. I knew he was a bountyhunter, but didn't know he was that specifically inspired. I really ought to watch a few episodes of Animated some time! (I always think of some techno-ned when I see him... go figure...)

:swirly:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Proofed.

Great review!

:up:

Oddly, I am not a fan of the new stylized look, but Jazz is one of the few I am considering picking up.

;)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Grand review, as ever, zeoman4.5.

That's it proofed.

I would be interested in measurements of the figure, as Activators are something of a new class - I'd like to have an idea of exactly how much bigger than say, LOC, they are?

They do look nifty! But there are some great Legends versions of the Animated characters coming, and given I don't care too much for the style, and my preference for small, I will probably go for them mainly. But Screamer does look really cool, and I'd never bother with the Voyager (I don't think it looks sufficiently better than this guy to warrant it anyway!).

And, 'baby toys'?

Pah!

After all, aren't we all collecting largely 'childrens' toys' anyway? (With the exception of Masterpiece, Binalts, and maybe WST and 6" Titaniums - with Classics / Universe being at least partially aimed at the old codgers?) Why split hairs?

Also items on eBay.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

numbat wrote:
I would be interested in measurements of the figure, as Activators are something of a new class - I'd like to have an idea of exactly how much bigger than say, LOC, they are?

And, 'baby toys'?

Pah!

After all, aren't we all collecting largely 'childrens' toys' anyway? (With the exception of Masterpiece, Binalts, and maybe WST and 6" Titaniums - with Classics / Universe being at least partially aimed at the old codgers?) Why split hairs?

Coz then we hope hasbro takes notice and fixes the problem with upcoming releases. ;) No, not really.

I'd say that Activators aren't that much taller than an LOC (ACT.BB stands i2i wif MOV Megs LOC), but it's the bulk that makes them more expensive. Think CYB Armorhide. There's your exact proportions/size.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

Proofed.

Ratchet's the only Movie TF I don't have in a size class larger than Legends (and then I only got the Rescue repaint in order to get Brawl!). I really hated the green colour of the original Voyager release, and the rescue colours looked too bland for me.

Ratchet did get a Premium release, way back in October 2007 as a Best Buy exluysive in the USA (although, at this point, they weren't labelled as 'Premium Series' although Hasbro seems to include him as such). I might end up picking up that version to round off my Movie Autobots.

Just a wee note - you used 'witch' a lot (as in, the evil magical person) as opposed to 'which', and 'were' when you meant 'where'.

Easy mix-ups to make - just a headsup!

Great review! The more I read of this mould, the more likely it looks like I'll end up with all 5 Movie Autobots in some form or another! (By a similar token, I hated the poor plastic used on Deluxe Jazz, but did pick up the Premium release, and was glad I did!)

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

That's him proofed.

He does look a rather poor toy.

I considered buying the camera mould, but thought better of it... And that's that with Real Gear. I like the concept, and the toys look great for kids, which is the target audience, after all. But with a glut of nifty figures over the last few years, there's better things to spend limited funds on! Lol!

Grand review, as ever.

Oh - he is Speed Dial 800, unless there's a package variant I'm unaware of?

Also items on eBay.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

HEY! LONGVIEW IS WORTH IT! DON"T YOU DARE AVOID LONGVIEW!

Just saying that his hands actually look like a squished telescope if one is put on top of another in front of his face. Stupid, but when i do pick him up and fiddle with him, i make him do that just for LOL factor.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Yup, lotsa Megatrons over the history. I didn't put in all the Megatron 'pretenders' like BW2 Galvatron, Megastorm, Megaplex, Gigastorm and the like.

Should have done a Optimus Prime history list.

Oh, oh, I have seen Treadshot's Galvatron kitbash! Excellent work!:lol: And I saw it before all of you! Ha! :lol: (Treadshot asked me to gloat, and I am.)
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Make that 1 day...

I'm not sure how long people can stand the suspense.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

Treadshot A1 wrote:HEY! LONGVIEW IS WORTH IT! DON"T YOU DARE AVOID LONGVIEW!

Just saying that his hands actually look like a squished telescope if one is put on top of another in front of his face. Stupid, but when i do pick him up and fiddle with him, i make him do that just for LOL factor.
Just as it is essential to display G1 Poweglide just so:

Also items on eBay.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Ha! how cute! Salute to you too,Powerglide.

Longview is cute. Power Up is cute. Meantime is... interesting. Speedy is nasty.
numbat

Post by numbat »

That's the review done - sorry it's so long... Comparing the two versions was harder than I had expected (with brief history lessons thrown in here and there...).

Photos will follow when I'm able to go up and down stairs for the white boards.

Also items on eBay.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

But... my G1 Astrotrain WAS Gray and Purple.

(Note, the US released G1 Astrotrain in these colors, but Japan released it in white and black. I've heard conflicting reports as to which color scheme Europeans got as a toy, though.)

So, for Americans, the "Henkei" version is both more accurate to the cartoon as well as the original toy.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Cheers Numbat I hope I didnt create to much work for you :lol: I'll try my best to get photos up I just need to find my camera.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
zeoman4.5

Post by zeoman4.5 »

I'd have to agree with Treadshot A1, about the size class. At least with
Starscream, your looking at one roughly the height of a short basic/scout
class figure. They generally have a bit more girth/width than most scouts
though, but it ties in with their design. Bigger than a LOC, but much higher
quality of design/articulation.

So basically numbat, you won't be dissapointed if you get this one.

However Bulkhead is a different story...
numbat

Post by numbat »

Hmmm...

Yeah, my G1 Astrotrain was off-white and purple, in Scotland.

The Japanese one had white wings with black trim (basically white and black).

I was unaware of a dark grey and purple US version though.

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

electro girl wrote:Cheers Numbat I hope I didnt create to much work for you :lol: I'll try my best to get photos up I just need to find my camera.
Was one of the fastest to do, actually.

;)

Spellcheck sorts most of that!

Also items on eBay.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

It wasn't dark gray (not as dark as the tech-spec art).. a few notches down from white, I guess. It wasn't nearly as bright as the Japanese release though. (The tech-spec art more matches the animation model in shade).