-poll deleted-

Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes: 0

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

That is a bit complicated, but I'll put it in later. Thanks though. As for Blitzwing, well, I waited a long time too since his pics surfaced. I am a big fan of Blitzwing. (well, all most decepticon jets to be exact) I wanted to give him a higher mark, but sadly the altmodes prove otherwise.

Update on the review: Pictures already uploaded into the computer. Now it remains for me to upload it into the forum, then for Clay to upload it into the TFArchive website. Nice innit?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Pictures.:poke: I told you it is soon.:lol:

1) Jet mode
2) Tank mode
3) Close up of w/ icy face
4) Close up of angry face
5) Robot mode with mad face
Attachments
blitzwing_maniac.jpg
Blitzwing_mad.jpg
Blitzwing_icy.jpg
19072008065-001.jpg
blitzwing_jet.jpg
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Nice, where did you get him? and any knowledge of a UK release?

Also check out my lego rendition of him in the kitbashing forum.(a shamless plug)
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Wow that's nice.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Blackjack wrote: but I believe Wikipedia.
Are you implying that Wikipedia is a festering nest of deception and lies? For shame, sir! For shame! :p

Anywhoo...great review. I was really looking forward to this figure. One question, though: what's his articulation like in robot mode?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Well, I did not imply that. I imply that MOST of it is the truth, a widdle bit of information are inaccurate. But it is the best information source we can get.:lol:

I get it on my local toy store. Not sure whether it has came out in UK, but I'll say soon. I mean, this place haven't even got Universe toys yet! (They imported Animated Waves 1, 2 and 3 together.)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Oops. This should have been titled Henkei Megatron. My bad:p:derailed:
Transformer Kamen

TFAnimated Oil Slick [proofed]

Name: Oil Slick
Fuction: Anarchist Road Warrior
Subgroup: TFAnimated Deluxe Vehicles

“Fear is my ally.”

Vehicle to vehicle combat is something all Transformers are skilled in, but with Oil Slick, it’s a particular specialty. He knows more about how to disable and destroy a vehicle than almost anyone else in the galaxy. He knows that if he can break down the robot inside, the vehicle will come screeching to a halt. Canisters attached to his sides dump special chemicals that unlock the deepest fear of any robot exposed to them, while at the same time rotting wheels and burning through axles. Once the vehicle mode is destroyed, Oil Slick moves in close to finish off the enemy with his chain weapon.

Galactic Powers and Abilities:
Talented Chemist
Trained in Circuit-Su with Prowl
Immune to chemical attacks

Alternate Mode:

Oil Slick marks the addition of the second motorcycle to the Animated line-up. Unlike his counterpart Prowl (and the majority of other bike-formers) Oil Slick transforms in to a chopper.

While he starts off with typical motorcycle detailing, the gas flap, exhaust pipes, gas and speed dials; however, like many choppers Oil Slick’s alt mode is highly customized. Spiked protrusions line the fork and the saddle packs, giving the bike a dangerous edge and also giving the figure some attachment to Lockdown who featured spikes on his alt mode as well. The side of the bike is decorated with a black wing-like design, a welcome reprieve from the cliche flame-job. Finally, a ram skull mounted on the front of the bike completes the bad-ass/outlaw image often ascribed to choppers in popular culture.

Like his design, Oil Slick’s colors are customized with shades of gold, yellow, green, and black. The colors more than anything seem to have been chosen to speak to the “evil chemist” aspect of the character. Green, the dominant color, is a dark sickly hue, especially when contrasted against the urine yellow coloring of the main body and the tarnished gold highlights. Black, as usual, fills in some of the minor details, aided by off-white for the handlebars and ram horns. Although the colors are somewhat gross, they work well with the figure.

Aside from rolling wheels, the figure’s saddle packs can be raised for the cylinders to attach, and the front of the bike and be moved slightly from side to side. Otherwise, it sits nicely without need for a kickstand. Like other deluxe bikes, smaller figures can ride.

The only major fault of this mode is that the ram’s horns and the handlebars are both made from horribly soft plastic. Otherwise, a job well done.

"Attack Mode"

Um...yeah. Moving on. Image

Robot Mode:

If his alt mode has nods to the classic bad-boy motorcycle gang, his robot mode continues the allusion. His legs below the knee are sculpted to resemble cowboy boots, complete with spurs and steel toes. The wing emblems on the bike come together to complete a bird tattoo across his chest, just below his Decepticon symbol. And, though it may be a stretch, the parts on his shoulders and hands hint at a leather jacket. Past the biker aesthetic, Oil Slick is extremely lithe, his body pinching to wasp thinness at the waist.

Aside from his colors which do not change, his chemical fetish appears in the figure’s head sculpt. The face is long, the nose large; otherwise, the head is covered by a black SCBA hood, and the entire head is encapsulated beneath a translucent green Hazmat protection bubble. He is missing the actual breathing apparatus, which I think would have given the figure a more creepy feeling. No big loss though.

Oil Slick’s articulation is typical for the Animated line: ball-joints at shoulders and hips, hinge-joints elsewhere, pin for the head. Thus he has a nice range of movement, and his large (somewhat movable) feet and spurs give him a solid base. The only joint the is sorely missed is one at the waist, but considering the thinness of the figure especially at the waist, the omission is understandable.

Two barrels included with the figure become his weapons. One simply opens at the top. I guess that’s where he keeps his “elixir”. His other barrel splits apart at several points to reveal a chain (what other weapon would a biker use, eh?). Although it can drape about his body in various positions, the barrel pieces make it look daft in nearly any position (also note that the chain is nowhere near as long and thin as it appears on his packaging). Props to the designers for giving him such a unique weapon, however.

There’s not much wrong with the figure apart from dubious weapon choices. The soft plastic present in his alt mode also appears in his fingers. Some of his joints are a tad loose. But these are minor complaints against an excellent figure.

Transformation: Quite clever, but not difficult 3/10

Durability: Everything is solid, just be aware of the soft plastic parts and keep them away from heat. 8/10

Fun: Oil Slick looks great and is quite enjoyable to play with 9/10

Price: $10 USD

Overall: As the only figure out who hasn’t appeared on the show, Oil Slick is a novelty. A fantastically sculpted, wonderfully articulated novelty. Yeah, his weapons aren’t particularly thrilling, but he knows karate, yo! 8/10
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

:up: Nice review. I hope Oil Slick (and the other toyline only transformer: Laserbeak) gets into the show real soon. Love the persona of a Scarecrow-like guy. (Scarecrow from Batman, of course) And the designs are great.

Anyway, you didn't mention the 'attack mode' from the instructions, which I think is crap.(the attack mode, not you ;) )
Transformer Kamen

:wtf: Say what? Attack mode? *fumbles for instructions, stares, falls off chair to ROFL*
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Ah, there you are. I was hesitant to ask since this review is on the waiting list for about a month, but can you add a paragraph detailing the articulation in robot mode? It's the only thing missing so far.

No worries about the title, I'll change it later on.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Oh, you should have said so! I appreciate and welcome any critisicm and comment on my reviews, so I can improve. Articulation you say? Consider it done.
Blackjack

Henkei Mirage! [proofed]

Post by Blackjack »

Name: Rijie/Ligier/Mirage
Alligeance: Autobot (for now)
Series: Henkei Classics
Function: Spy
Alt Mode: Formula 1 Racing Car

"Who and what I am I hide from the enemy."

Mirage! One of the very first Autobots. Mirage is very famous for his ability to disappear, as well as being accused by Cliffjumper as a traitor. Fact: Along with Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream and Prowl, Mirage is the most reused names in the various Transformers series. This is gonna be one heckuva doozy history paragraph...

The name Mirage was first used in the first wave of Autobot cars, as a Ligier JS11 F1 racing car. I believe there is also a Gobot Mirage, and probably one in the Machine Wars. A toy-only Vehicon drone appeared in Beast Machines. His alternate mode is a dinosaur... no seriously, yet another F-1 Racing car. The next major Mirage is in RiD, where he is a spychanger F1 car again. He can disappear too. The next Mirage, in Armada, is part of the Skyboom shield Mini-Cons. Again, a F1. Some people have no imagination. Then, another Mirage appeared in Energon, as the reincarnated form of the giant Decepticon Tidal Wave. This Mirage went all goo-goo over Megatron. Ew. Mirage appeared in the alternators toyline as a blue Fort GT, and as a Fort GT a Mirage was included in the Movie card game.

Finally, in the Classics line Hasbro released a Mirage toy. This mold would later be used to make the FEMALE Decepticon Fracture. What this tells us about Mirage's sexuality is best left untouched.

G1 Mirage had minimal role in both the Animated and comic, usually appearing as a spy and crowd filler, other than his co-spotlight episode with Cliffy in 'Traitor.' However, his personality of being a 'Mystery Man' and being generally high and lofty is well remembered. Especially by Cliffjumper. He eventually ceased to appear in Season 3, after the Movie. In the comics he was killed by an Underbase powered Starscream.

Included in the Henkei version, like Megatron, is a comic in Japanese, showcasing Classics Megs, Screamer, Prime, Grimlock, Bumblebee and Mirage. Though Mirage only appears at the last few panels, turning visible to inform Prime about a new threat. (see volume two--included in Henkei Astrotrain) Also included is a tech specs card. No rub signs, much to the disappointment of rubsign fans.

ALTERNATE MODE
Since this is his Henkei release, the proper name would be Rijie or Ligier. But I want to call him with Mirage, it's easier.

Anyways, Mirage transforms into an Indianapolis Formula One racecar. Like all the classics, this alt mode is close to the original but much more modernized, and streamlined.

He rolls quite well on the ground. There is difference between the Hasbro release (granted, I never saw it in flesh) first, chromed parts. For Mirage, it is the spoiler and the front thingy. (the gun. Duh.) Second, the spoiler... All the 'Witwicky' and 'Lithone' stuff... Gone! Like Mirage! This makes a sleeker race car instead of a cameo station.

Nope, no kibble, nosireee... Unless you look at the bottom. The one fault Mirage has is that his gun keeps drooping. I love the vehicle mode. It ain't blocky, it got chrome, it is sexy (eat your heart out Sunstreaker!), overall, a very satisfying vehicle mode.

ROBOT MODE
One thing about the robot mode: it is very poseable, although the feet are split at the knee due to transformation. Looks like G1, only better! One thing, this mold has many knockoffs, so be aware. Oooo...

The way Mirage's seat ends on the chest, his head, the number '26' on the hands... All this hark back to G1. His weapon is now his front thing, wielded as a gun or crossbow. It can be stored at the back. His face and body shows a fast, agile, clever warrior. Ready to be a red herring for Cliffjumper! Yay!

Little known fact: Mirage was supposed to be killed in Transformers: the Movie. In a deleted scene, he sneaked up on Bombshell and shot him before being blasted by Megatron. Along with Shockwave's, Red Alert's, Trailbreaker's and several others' deaths, they never made it past the storyboards.

Some people dislike his proportions, but at least he ain't blocky. I mean, put this guy in front of ya. Ya'll love 'im. Unlike the blocky Rodimus or Astrotrain, Mirage has very little kibble, allowing him to do a wide range of poses. Very good for display. Think Animated Prowl or Oil Slick. Forget Jazz, they should have made Mirage a ninja in Animated. And be a rival with Cliffy. Hey, he disappears, and his personality is a mystery man. All we need now is a good Classics Cliffjumper figure that is not a simple Bumblebee redeco. Why Spotlight Mirage doesn't use the Classics body I don't know.

This is as close as it gets to the perfect Transformer. Major (well, not too major) character, nice vehicle mode, poseable robot mode, weapon is a gun instead of scissors, canisters, traffic lights (poor Signal Lancer!) etc. Grab Mirage if you see him.

DURABILITY 7/10 joints get loose, the midsection scares me, and you might loose the gun. Le horror.
TRANSFORMATION 3/10 you don't need instructions. However, it is very creative and well-designed. Considering Movie Ironhide...
PRICE 8/10 At a deluxe, he's a steal.
FUN 9/10 Are you kidding? This guy disappears, fer goodness sake!
OVERALL 10/10 One of the cheaper, better toys. Highly recommended if you don't have the original Classics Mirage. Just watch out for knockoffs.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Very good, mirrors my feeling on the toy although my front bit dosent droop. (oh and mine is clasics not henkei)
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Well, that was a fast reply...:)

Gonna get pics up soon. Henkei Astrotrain is ready, but my computer is messing it up and making it look like poetry. Should be up by tomorrow or the next day.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Oh yeah. Double jointed knees. never thought being bitten by a radioactive spider would give you that.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Alright. I got some pics for Wingsaber. Most are taken without a flash because then Wingsaber does a Houdini in the photos...:mad:

1) Vehicle mode
2) Vehicle Attack mode
3) Robot mode
4) Robot Attack mode
5) Neat pose of Wingsaber
Attachments
Wingsaber_addimg.JPG
Wingsaber_RobotAtk.JPG
Wingsaber_Robot.JPG
Wingsaber_AltAtk.JPG
Wingsaber_Alt.JPG
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Detective Barricade

Pardon the Double post, but...

Post by Detective Barricade »

Sorry for the double post, but I'm adding another pic for Wingsaber. It's him and Cybertron Optimus Prime combined for Sonic Wing Mode. (it can be used for the Optimus Prime review(s))
Attachments
OptimusPrimeSonicWingMode.JPG
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Pictures for Henkei Mirage. Well, I'm done with all my claimed reviews. I won't do anymore toy reviews for the time being, and concentrating on my cartoon reviews. It's bloody hard to list down the errors in Season three. ;) Contrary to popular belief, Mirage was meant to die in TFTM, killed by Megs during the Autobot city attack.

1) Alternate mode
2) Robot mode
Attachments
Mirage_robot.jpg
Mirage_alt.jpg
Transformer Kamen

Yay! Pics!
Attachments
oilslick005.jpg
oilslick004.jpg
oilslick003.jpg