Fireblast: 7
Skill: 8
Attachments
Darkwind_Boxart 001.jpg
Darkwind_ Alt.JPG
Darkwind_Robot.JPG
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Nice review. I also immediately think of the Terror Who Flaps in the Night when I hear 'Darkwing'.
Ganon578 wrote:
I just posted a review for Universe Darkwind using the new template and point scoring scheme. If you would all take a look at it, and see if it fits well and the point assignments make sense, that input would be great...
Pretty good, I'd say. I think the template description for 'Transformation' needs to be tweaked a bit more, but that's my fault.
ganon578

Commemorative Series Perceptor -- [PROOFED with pictures]

Post by ganon578 »

Name: Perceptor
Allegiance: Autobot
Function: Scientist
Group: Universe Commemorative Series

“One's ultimate truth lies in one's molecular structure.”

Unquenchable thirst for knowledge; seeks it to exclusion of all else. Main role is to study the best ways the Autobots can adapt to Earth. Extremely smart. Scientific specialties are metallurgy, molecular chemistry, electrical engineering. As microscope, capable of powerful magnification. Lens barrel converts to powerful light cannon. Carries concussion rifle in robot mode. Absent minded. Lenses are his weakest part.

Perceptor is a character that I have an odd relationship with. As a scientist myself, I get a kick out of his logical and scientific nature. On the other hand, he never really does much in the cartoon aside from a few appearances, one ‘starring’ role in one episode, and his notification to everyone in The Transformers: The Movie that Optimus Prime’s wounds are fatal. As a figure, I first thought Perceptor was kind of goofy and would probably not be worth my money. However, I decided to pick him up, and he’s steadily grown on me as time goes on.

Microscope Mode: This mode is Perceptor’s featured alternate mode (he’s somewhat of a triple-changer). As a cartoon character, the microscope mode is how Perceptor does a majority of his scientific work. As a toy, the mode is done quite well; as a practical microscope, not so much. The microscope mode is easily recognizable as a microscope, though I don’t think that it looks much like a real microscope. There is a nice amount of molded detail, though it’s mainly random mechanical buttons, etc. that have been molded in. The stickers on the sides of the microscope mode are realistic, and sport ‘15X’ on the side, which I believe refers to the magnification of the lenses. The only bad part is that 15X magnification is not really good for a microscope. There are chrome ‘dials’ on Perceptor’s sides, and one dial on the lens barrel itself, which actually does work. If you look in the eyepiece and rotate the dial, you do actually get a small amount of magnification out of it. This feature is actually kind of neat, and kind of surprising for a toy designed in the 1980’s. Also on the lens barrel is a large chrome edged Autobot symbol which really stands out. The mirror plate of the microscope is mostly chrome, with a small window for viewing specimen. Perceptor’s main colors (in all three modes) are maroon, turquoise, and black, with a little chrome mixed in for good measure. Overall, the microscope mode is the highlight of the alternate modes, and for Transformers, this mode is really unique.

Tank Mode: Although this mode is referred to as 'Tank' mode in this release, it was originally described as a 'Mobile Laboratory' in the G1 instructions. It's an odd change, but maybe 'Tank' mode sounds cooler than 'Mobile Laboratory'. Either way, this mode really seems like an afterthought. Hasbro/Takara must have thought Perceptor needed some sort of fighting mode, so they threw in this quick rearrangement of legs. Other than that, there’s nothing too special to note here. I think this mode was used once in the cartoon. Regardless, a quick flip of the legs and sliding out of wheels results in a ‘tank’ mode for Perceptor. He even features tank treads on the side! Woo-Hoo! And as you can read from the bio, his lens barrel turns into a power ‘light cannon’! Not entirely sure what damage that can do, but it must involve melting Decepticon optics. Unless that description is an ‘80s rendition of a laser. In which case the lens barrel might actually be deadly. Overall, the tank mode is not too exciting, but I guess it qualifies Perceptor as being somewhat of a triple-changer.

Robot Mode: Perceptor’s robot mode is probably the mode I display him in the most, with the microscope mode being close behind. What’s nice (and kind of ironic) is this toy comes with a decent arsenal of weapons. The lens barrel now sits as a shoulder cannon, and he comes with a rifle, which I believe is his primary weapon used in the cartoon. He also comes with a black and red missile ‘launcher’. Yes, I used quotes on ‘launcher’, because there is actually no spring for the missiles to launch. They come out of the gun, and you are supplied with 3 of them, but alas, no launching. I’m told you can modify this with a spring of your own, I just never got around to doing it. It’s an omission that is disappointing for a toy like this. Perceptor features a nice amount of chrome on the chest, and a small silver-lined Autobot symbol on his torso. For articulation, you won’t find much here. The arms have two joints each: one at the shoulder and one at the elbow. However, these are only swivel joints, so don’t expect dynamic poses. The legs actually feature four joints each: the hips swivel out and also spin, and the knees bend and also spin. It’s nice to have that much motion, but balance becomes an issue, and you can’t pose him very well. One disappointing lack of articulation is the neck. Granted, his head rises by a cool little gear on his back, but the head does not swivel at all. Plus, there’s no waist movement. Not that G1 toys had much articulation anyways, but it would have been nice. Overall, I think this is Perceptor’s premiere mode (though the microscope is nice too).

Final remarks: Perceptor is a decent figure (for the time it was designed) with a wacky color scheme and a decent amount of fun. He features three modes (if you count the tank), and actually has a working microscope. He’s quite unique as far as Autobots are concerned. On the downside, he is a Toys 'R Us exclusive, and also a little on the pricey side if you’re just looking for a fun, inexpensive Transformer. If you’re an Encore or G1 collector, he’s definitely worth a look.

Marks out of 10:

Transformation: 5. Serviceable. Nothing tricky, fun, or imaginative, but it gets the job done.
Durability: 7. Solid, but the plastic might wear over time. Chrome might wear out too.
Fun: 6. ‘Three’ modes, and a working microscope. Not too bad.
Aesthetics: 5. He just stands there. That’s about it. Funky color scheme.
Articulation: 5. For his time, he was pretty good. Today, not that great.
Value/Price: 7. As a collector’s piece, he’s great. As a toy, there are much greater things you can do with $35 US.
Overall: 7. He’s solid, and a nice collection piece. Designed decently for his time.
ganon578

Tech Specs and Photos

Post by ganon578 »

Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 2
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Fireblast: 8
Skill: 10
Attachments
Perceptor_Box1.JPG
Perceptor_Box2.JPG
Perceptor_Tank.JPG
Perceptor_Microscope.JPG
Perceptor_Robot.JPG
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

The original G1 instructions claimed Perceptor's "third" mode was a "mobile laboratory", but I don't know if the TRU version says that or not.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Would I be right in thinking the third mode was oriignaly created for a little diaclone man to ride like a pony?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

The Reverend wrote:The original G1 instructions claimed Perceptor's "third" mode was a "mobile laboratory", but I don't know if the TRU version says that or not.
On the TRU version, the inside box flap says 'Tank Mode'. I don't know what the instructions say, but I can definitely check when I get home.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

(lol) Honestly I never did quite get that mode, even as a kid. It didn't look like anything to me. But then again, I liked the Perceptor toy at the time for its height and its guns. :)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

inflatable dalek wrote:Would I be right in thinking the third mode was oriignaly created for a little diaclone man to ride like a pony?
Agree with Dalek. Lest we forget, Perceptor was one of the toys imported from Diaclone, so he has a 'battlestation mode' in which the little Diaclone man can ride in it. It's the same thing why the Dinobots and Insecticons have those weird cockpits when dinosaurs and bugs don't have them. Having a base mode does lend credit to how Perceptor is able to take down Devastator with one shot in that cartoon episode, though. (And he takes down Monstructor with one shot in an IDW comic. I see a pattern...)

The eHobby repaint of Perceptor (Magnificus) also reissues a Diaclone guy (Ga'Mede) to justify the base mode.

I've proofed this, by the way. Nice review.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Blackjack wrote:Agree with Dalek. Lest we forget, Perceptor was one of the toys imported from Diaclone, so he has a 'battlestation mode' in which the little Diaclone man can ride in it. It's the same thing why the Dinobots and Insecticons have those weird cockpits when dinosaurs and bugs don't have them. Having a base mode does lend credit to how Perceptor is able to take down Devastator with one shot in that cartoon episode, though. (And he takes down Monstructor with one shot in an IDW comic. I see a pattern...)

The eHobby repaint of Perceptor (Magnificus) also reissues a Diaclone guy (Ga'Mede) to justify the base mode.

I've proofed this, by the way. Nice review.
Thanks! I checked the instructions last night, and it also calls it 'tank' mode. I can add in a quick sentence about the original battlestation mode too.

Edit: Added 'Mobile Laboratory' note in Tank Mode section.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Heh, I just did a quick internet search on this Ehobby repaint mentioned, and ran across a photo of the toy with the driver sitting on top of this extra mode. The microscope tray and mirror become the back of his driver's seat, and the photo shows the driver with hands on either side of the lens barrel as if it's a gun.

However, I also noted that in this mode, the lens is pointing "backwards", so it appears to be pointing directly at the driver's crotch in the photo.

OH, THAT EMBARASSING, SHE NEED TELESCOPE! :)
Transformer Kamen

Cybertron Mode Ratchet--PROOFED

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Name: Cybertron Mode Ratchet
Function: Old School Autobot Medic
Subgroup: Toys-R-Us Exculisves

“You call that a dent? Get back out there soldier!”

Back when the war was at its worst, even the Autobots who weren't programmed to fight were called into battle. More than once, Autobot Ratchet was forced out onto the battlefield not just as a medic, but as a warrior. They're not memories he likes to recall, but he learned more than one lesson that has save his life in the years since.

Galactic Powers and Abilities:
Injured Autobots often requested him as their medic.
Specializes in modifying armor and weapons to peak conditions.
When forced to fight, usually shoots to disable, instead of destroy.

Ah, Ratchet, the old codger of the Animated Autobot squad who managed to have quite a significant role in the series' conclusion. He was also a source of much needed maturity when the antics of the 'mascot', Bumblebee, got out of hand—if only he would 'accidentally' weld 'Bee's mouth shut. Ratchet already had one previous deluxe figure. It didn't impress me, so I didn't pick him up. This version looks a lot more interesting to me, and was originally planned to be the base of an eventual Ironhide repaint (shocker). Sadly, Animated's cancellation likely means this will be the only use of the mold.

Robot Mode:

After the extremely complex Movie designs getting back to the simplistic Animated design aesthetic makes for a nice change of pace. As per usual, there aren't many details on Ratchet, and what detail there is has mostly been reserved for his face. Even then, we're talking minimalist. He has vent “ears” on the sides of his head, a small cleft in his chin, and a smile. The smile itself doesn't really match the character as he was portrayed on the show. Then again, maybe this represents Ratchet's wild teenage years. It is also very slight; I'm not even sure you can tell he has a mouth in the pics. Otherwise, the details are holdovers from his vehicle mode, which I will discuss later.

Articulation and paint. Ho-boy. Animated generally does well in the later, but QC can be shoddy on the latter. Ratchet manages high marks in both. First paint. Red and white, no surprise there. Blue for the mouth and chin gives a nice contrast, and the translucent baby-blue bits look great. Ratchet has superb light-piped eyes, which, as usually, add a lot of personality to the toy. Articulation fairs nicely as well. He is a bit back heavy, but an extra (transformation) joint in his legs allows him additional stability. His arms deserve particular notice as they go the extra mile and give him cut wrists. The neck also has a ball joint, though the rear motion is restricted; fortunately a hinge joint makes up the difference.

Ratchet gets two weapons and an action feature for your enjoyment. The weapons are described as “shock paddles”, I suppose because defibrillator doesn't sound cool enough. Not that a robot with defib. paddles makes sense anyway. Shouldn't he have jumper cables? Whateves. The paddles look convincing enough, though I am disappointed that they don't have the blue bits the box art shows. As is, they look rather bland. But they do store on the rear of the robot, and that always makes me happy. His action feature is described as an 'extending shock attack'. A grandiose title for an astoundingly anticlimactic feature. Press the lever on his right elbow and his forearm gets a quarter inch longer. I'm not big on action features, but this is sad. An LED or something would have been neat. Why they even bothered with this escapes me.

Bonus Content: It should be no surprise by now, but this version of Ratchet can use Animated Lockdown's gun. Snap the engine block off the hood in insert it into the slot on Ratchet's arm. Though a tricky fit, it snaps on securely and actually looks really good. It should, since it was originally Ratchet's in the first place!

Ratchet has quite a dandy robot mode, bland but practical weapon and boring action feature notwithstanding. As usual, bonus for clever interactivity, even if it's getting old at this point.

Alternate Mode:

So, the entire point of this toy is to have a representation of Ratchet's Cybteron Mode. It says so right on the package! Honestly, one of the more believable alien vehicles Transformers has given us over the years. I particularly like the unifying tread theme, which gives all the Animated (ground) vehicles a consistency. Otherwise, the vehicle has some glaring problems. Foremost, the treads aren't quite straight. The front treads almost make it, but the back ones really bow out. If it's intentional, it's a weird design choice, and maybe not that big a deal to some, but it really, really bugs me. Second the rear of the vehicle could use a little more work. The hips and legs of the robot are clearly visible, and while the shock paddles effectively obscure the robot arms, the contrast between the black paddles and white and red paint elsewhere creates an ugly juxtaposition.

Paint apps, while being mostly the same, suffer here as well. The rails on the top of the vehicle have a few sloppy edges where the paint is noticeably thinner; probably a figure by figure flaw. No, my real beef here has to be the complete lack of paint on the rear of the front treads. The tread clearly continues around the bottom of the strut and up the opposite side, but instead we have red plastic.

Considering this mode was the selling point, it is quite a disappointment. It doesn't even roll well! Clearly not Hasbro's best effort.

Marks out of ten for the following:

Transformation Design: Although, I mostly like it, the rear of the vehicle could have been designed better. 5
Durability: The plastic seems to be good quality, though I am slightly concerned about the over designed knees joints eventually becoming too loose. 7
Fun: He can perform some nice poses, and has an interesting accessory, but his vehicle mode isn't much. 6
Aesthetics: His robot mode looks good, even from behind. Vehicle mode looks fine from any direction except the back. 6
Useful Articulation: A strength of the Animated line, and Ratchet doesn't disappoint. 8
Value/Price: I'd rate him higher here if the vehicle mode came out better. 4
Overall: Ratchet offers nothing particularly exciting. If you're happy with the first version, this one doesn't offer anything you'd miss out on. In fact, despite being “Cybertron Mode” Ratchet, his vehicle mode comes out as the weakest point of the figure. 4

1) Vehicle Mode
2) Robot Mode
3) Ratchet Reversal
4) Clear!
5) Paddle Shot
Attachments
Paddles.jpg
Clear.jpg
Bonus.jpg
Robot.jpg
Vehicle-1.jpg
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Neat review, virtually nothing to correct on the paragraphs!
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

Movie (2007) Clocker -- [PROOFED]

Post by kupimus aka(clocker) »

Name: Clocker
Allegiance: Autobots
Function: Recycle-bot
Sub-group: Applicant for the Maximal Command Security Force

Before the war for the AllSpark began, Clocker was a professional racer on Cybertron. His speed and skill dazzled millions of fans, and for a while, he seemed unbeatable. He was on top of the world. Then war came, and there were suddenly no more races to run. He turned his skills to finding the AllSpark, stopping the Decepticons, and bringing peace to Cybertron. He dreams of the day the war ends, and he can race again alongside his Autobot friends with no limits on how far or fast he can go.

And from Universe 2.0: Tasked by Megatron with the disruption of Autobot communications, Hardtop tracks one of the fastest and most effective couriers employed by Optimus Prime. The super-speedster CLOCKER has never been caught in the middle of a mission, but Hardtop hopes his long-range laser can put a stop to the racer's data delivery.

I'll say from the start that Clocker is one of my favourite transformers, so it was a pleasant surprise when my wife presented me with this second Clocker (I already have the original Clocker). This mould has also been used for Cybertron Swerve (a red Clocker basically), Timelines Tigatron (white Clocker with a Tigatron head) and Cheetor (yellow Clocker with a Cheetor [or Tigatron] head). This is a review of shiny dark blue Clocker.

Alternate mode:
When I think of what a Cybertronian road vehicle would look like, this is what I think of. If you haven't seen what it looks like, basically it's a modern day version of Kup's alternate mode. It has exhaust pipes on both sides of the car and a massive engine on the rear end of the car. It has two visible seats and a steering wheel, as well as a very streamlined look, so streamlined in fact that if you were sitting in the seats the windscreen would be at too awkward an angle you wouldn't be able to see out of it. Clocker is painted grey and a very shiny metallic blue, so shiny that for once it actually looks better than on the box. The key gimmick is actually pretty decent (the key is actually pretty decently painted a nice black). putting the key in the engine forces two guns to pop up, which in robot mode makes a nice oversized gun. This is my favourite mode.

Robot mode:
Once you have looked at the instruction manual and transformed him (which can be done satisfyingly in under a minute), you get a really cool looking robot mode. Articulation points are at the shoulders (on a ball joint), the elbows (not on a ball joint), the knees and the head turns left and right. Clocker looks good, even though the front of the car hangs of the back of him, to me it adds charm to the figure. He does have a few posability issues to me though. His feet are big, but are awkwardly shaped so it can be hard to stand him in a posed position (for example a walking stance) and where his shoulders meet his body, they haven't allowed enough room for you to move the arms on the ball easily, so say when you move his arm outward it scrapes on the side of his torso. He does have a nice head mold though.

Also, it isn't mentioned in the instructions, but you can affix the exhaust pipes to the underside of his forearms.

Transformation: 7/10 easy, but fun. I know the phrase is said a lot but its true.
Durability: 7/10 I would be very careful with him. There are a lot of hollow areas. On my original Clocker the cover on one of the backs of his leg always comes off, but this version appears more solid.
Fun: 9/10 Reasonably posable, cool looking and an unobtrusive decent key gimmick. I find him fun and have always wanted an army of Clockers.
Price and availability: You probably wont find many of the original movie release, but this universe clearance reissue will probably be available for a few more weeks and at a less than the price of a scout price.
Overall: 8/10. I was going to give Clocker a 9, but after reading the 'how to score reviews' thread, I put it away and gave it a 8. For comparison, I would give Cybertron Clocker a 7, this version seems more solid and has a better color scheme.
Let this be thy final lesson monster, no man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn! And e'en THEN, 'tis most unwise for the victor to assume the battle is ended, for with god and man, a war is ne'er over till the ultimate wrong is set aright and the final villain is DONE!
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

Micromaster Reissue Sixliner -- [PROOFED]

Name: Sixliner (Alan, Deego, Joe, Leaf, Night and Spark)
Faction: Cybertrons
Sub-group: Micromaster combiner

Sixliner is the combined form of the Liner Team and the younger brother of Sixtrain. Though still considered a rookie, he's been thrust into positions of great importance among the Autobots; both being the de facto leader of the Micromasters based on Earth in the early 1980's (before Optimus Prime, Megatron and their forces would awaken from their crash-induced slumber), and as a member of the elite Battlestars group.

You can find the full fictional history of Sixliner on transformers wiki. I haven't read the Battlestars comic so it wouldn't be right for me to give a synopsis of it. There are five versions of this mold this one, the original Sixliner, Sixtrain, reissue Sixtrain and red Sixtrain. I would say that Sixtrain has the better colors, but Sixliner was more easily available to me.

Each was sold separately and you could only tell who was in the box by the number on the lower left-hand side of the box. 1=Deego, 2=Spark, 3=Alan, 4=Leaf, 5=Joe and 6=Night.

Deego (D-go)

Deego is the leader of the team and transforms into a black and gold steam engine. He has quite a lot of good detailing which puts the legends Devastator to shame, the Autobot symbol in a good predominant position. His only articulation is at the shoulders (they move up and down) and he is capable of sitting and that's it. This is one of the Micromasters whose head is buried in the underside of the vehicle mode, so his head might move. Strangely for a leader of a combiner team, he is practically unimportant to the combiner. He fixes on the backside and is supposed to form the back of Sixliner, but it doesn't matter if you leave him on or off, Sixliner still looks stupid from the back. However you have to buy him because he comes with Sixliner's gun and more importantly his head.

Spark

Spark transforms into an Okaido 100 line bullet train, which is white and blue and very nice looking. In robot mode his arms move up and down like Deego's did. Spark is the only one on the team whose head is free to be moved and it can be moved back and forth. He can't sit. Spark comes packaged with one of Sixliner's feet and Spark himself forms the chest and if you have Deego that means spark also technically forms the insides.

Alan

Alan transforms into a TGV Express train and is orange and grey and his train mode ties with Deego as the best looking. His arms move and buying him grants you Sixliner's pelvis and upper legs. Alan becomes one of the arms.

Leaf

Leaf transforms into a Tohoku bullet train which is really similar to Spark's alternate mode but green (maybe that's why he's called Leaf) and white and he too can move his arms up and down. Leaf becomes the other arm and he also comes with Sixliner's other foot.

Joe

Joe transformers into a Super Hitachi train which is white with black windows. He comes with both fists and Joe himself forms one of the lower legs. His train mode is sort of similar to the last of the liner team.

Night

If you have noticed the paragraphs for each Micromaster getting shorter, it's because they are all quite similar. Night transforms into a EF66 "Blue" train which is well blue. He forms the other lower leg and comes with the rest of the torso which is shaped like two wings, well exactly like Superion/Sixwing's torso really which is a bit lazy and it doesn't combine with all the accessories to form a jet like there's did either.

Each of the Micromasters have connectors so they can combine with one another to form one half of a train so the 6 become 3.

Sixliner

Combining all the above together grants you Sixliner who has all the above colors plus the red on the head, orange and gold on the Sixwing torso, silver on the upper legs and the black on his fists and feet. That's a lot of colors. Sixliner is about the size of a deluxe and has some surprising posability features. From the waist down he can't move at all, but his arms can move outwards, up and down, can bend at the elbows and hold his gun as well (and his fists have little guns on the end of them as well). His head is the most impressive thing though. It fixes on top of Spark's head and is more movable than a ball joint, because spark's head can still move back, you can move it into quite a few different positions. Possibly the most posable head from the G1 era. The only negative apart from the legs not being able to move are that the screws are visible from the front on one of the legs and one of the arms, because the screws for the right are on the same side of the train as the left.

The differences from this reissue and the original Sixliner are that the stickers on the original are omitted here, which I think actually improves them.

Transformation: 1/10. almost non-existent really the Micromasters just generally stretch to transform.
Durability: 7/10. The individuals are bricks, and the shoulder connectors look too small and stumpy to snap, but the torso and upper legs are hollow.
Fun: 8/10. Its always fun to have a decent combiner and the arms' and heads' posability allow for some cool poses on the shelf. I find moving the head fun.
Price:9/10. £1.99 brand new for each one and they must have made loads because they came out in 2002 and they still are fully stocked in my town centre's comic shop.
Overall:7/10. Sixliner isn't the most impressive transformer ever, but it's nice to have a Japanese exclusive G1 TF on the shelf. I like him.
Let this be thy final lesson monster, no man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn! And e'en THEN, 'tis most unwise for the victor to assume the battle is ended, for with god and man, a war is ne'er over till the ultimate wrong is set aright and the final villain is DONE!
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

They are still fully stocked at your local comic shop? That's pretty cool actually. I have most of the Micromaster gestalt reissues and they sparked my love for Micromaster toys.

I'd have to look, but I thought all of the combiner pieces fit together to form a little space ship for the little fellers.
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

well if they do, tell me and ill correct the review.:). i am usually wrong about these things
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

No, it's Sixwing's kibble that can combine into a space ship. For Sixliner, the kibble pieces form battle modes.

tfwiki.net/wiki/Sixliner
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

yeah ive just seen them. ill do sixliner a favor and not mention them.
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

i am the latest person to discover that optimus's windscreen(the top front half of the cab) can be pulled down...wow..now i have somewhere to store his hands.