Is the Dreamwave run available digitally?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Is the Dreamwave run available digitally?

Post by Auntie Slag »

I know its a load of old arse (I read the first DW G1 TPB by Sarracini and it was total garbage), but is the Dreamwave TF stuff available digitally? As in everything up until the ongoing got cancelled. I have paper copies of Megatron: Origin and a few of the on-going (the two-parter where Jazz, Sidewipe & Sunstreaker face off against a town of Insecticons, B-Movie style), and I liked these. I always wanted to read the Sunstorm/Jetfire story and War Within. I did an unsuccessful search online. Are they available in paper only?
Last edited by Auntie Slag on Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Re: Is the Dreamwave run available digitally?

Post by Skyquake87 »

Pretty much. I'd quite like to read Energon again, as it was pretty decent. All my paper copies are long gone though. Always thought it was a shame that Hachette didn't get more of the G1 stuff from DW done. ALthough given how awful it turned out, maybe that's a good thing.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Ah well, worth a try. I remember I had a few issues of the DW Beast Wars comic as well. The art was great (done by Nick Roche), and Razorbeast was good as the main character. Boo-Urns!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Nope, not legitimately. Ended up going the illegitimate route years and years ago. I have nearly the entire DW run in digital format somewhere, and really, I think I only did so for the sake of completionism.

The only Dreamwave era stuff available on Comixology are the G.I. Joe/Transformers crossover books.

Re: The Sunstorm storyline-- It's probably one of the "better" storylines from the DW G1 series, if I recall. I remember finding it fun, at any rate, and having a few solid character moments. It was serviceable. Not nearly as pandering (or as dog awful) as the first two volumes were.