Favorite Transformers Origins

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.

Which Transformers Creation Story is You Like Best?

Primus did it
17%
Aliens ( quints) did it
No votes
Techabiogenesis
17%
Others
67%

Total votes: 6

Hot Rod Here
Protoform

Favorite Transformers Origins

Post by Hot Rod Here »

What's your favorite Transformers creation story? I don't have one that's cannon. My fav is my own version. In my version they were created by Primus through techabiogenesis.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I prefer Primus/Unicron as aliens with a lot of it being mystique/lies (and preferably without Unicron showing up... that's been done to death by now)... similarly, the Quints being enslavers or making unfounded claims about being a creator race adds to the narrative texture. Origins... I do quite like the Gobots-style "organics transcending their limitations" approach with a lot of it lost to history / war / EM pulses.

Can't see any reason why after millions of years that would carry over into Cybertronian physiology though. Don't think that having an animal alt-mode or particular voice/manner would be anything other than choice, any more than Star Trek holograms need inherently have biology.

I think AI is a concept that only matters to organics, as a way to culturally designate themselves as superior. Past a certain technology level whether intelligence is designed to an extent or evolutionary process becomes irrelevant. Particularly past this level although Cybertronians only have some hallmarks of it with teleportation, matter conversion, etc. Vast amounts of processing power, for instance, doesn't necessary produce personalities that are more complex than organics.
Hot Rod Here
Protoform

Post by Hot Rod Here »

Very insteresting
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Naturally occurring gears, levers and pulleys!

Not so much because it makes the most sense or because it's the most interesting, though. Mainly because I read Transformers comics to read about Transformers, not to see them overshadowed by the machinations of random aliens or ancient gods, and naturally evolving machines is the origin that seems least-likely to tempt writers to devote huge swaths of the story to exploring it.

I don't mind the story occasionally dipping into that sort of thing, but in my opinion Transformers fiction spends too much time on it, disproportionately so compared to most other genre fiction. Regardless of what mythology they choose I'd rather its presence in the fiction was scaled back, big time.
starlord
Protoform

Post by starlord »

The beast wars origins rule. They
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
Hot Rod Here
Protoform

Post by Hot Rod Here »

Warcry wrote:Naturally occurring gears, levers and pulleys!

Not so much because it makes the most sense or because it's the most interesting, though. Mainly because I read Transformers comics to read about Transformers, not to see them overshadowed by the machinations of random aliens or ancient gods, and naturally evolving machines is the origin that seems least-likely to tempt writers to devote huge swaths of the story to exploring it.

I don't mind the story occasionally dipping into that sort of thing, but in my opinion Transformers fiction spends too much time on it, disproportionately so compared to most other genre fiction. Regardless of what mythology they choose I'd rather its presence in the fiction was scaled back, big time.
I'm not a fan of them being built. It makes them no different from our robots or other robots in fiction.
Hot Rod Here
Protoform

Post by Hot Rod Here »

starlord wrote:The beast wars origins rule. They
What's Beast Wars one?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I think Lost Light successfully did a pull back the curtain thing that makes a good capstone to the Primus idea.

Kind of bummed the really weird Quintessons implied in Age of Extinction just became that nice Gemma Chan for Last Knight.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!