Post by Scotimus Prime »

Looks like i was right
Attachments
rsz_screenshot_2016-10-03-07-43-52-2.jpg
rsz_screenshot_2016-10-03-07-44-10-1.jpg
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Here's some info about showcasing of concept art from the film, and probably toys.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/10/03/hasb ... 016-325707

Also, this quote:

"Transformers Franchise is making a rather large presence in UK this year and the next with majority of the 5th movie taking place in the country. Filming is currently taking place in London and historic places such as Stonehenge and Blenheim Palace."

I'm hoping that the 6th film will do a historical revision of historical revisions.
koriand'r
Protoform

Post by koriand'r »

Patapsco wrote:even funner fact: That house they dolled up to be Nazi HQ? Where Winston Churchill was born
bay always manages to break records in being disrespectful as f*ck.

i mean winston was was shady as hell but the guy also dedicated his life on keeping the nazis out of britain, to do that to the house he was born in is just plain disrespectful :down::down::down:

on another note i know transformers in the live actions movies have never been 'pretty' and are alien like on purpose but g.d i'll never get used to it. hot rod looks so stocky and kinda bumblebee-ish. bay could save up some money on dispensable explosions and apply it in character design :sweatdrop
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I'm not sure the people who own Blenheim Palace should feel constrained about which film and TV productions they should hire out to based on the imagined reaction of just one person to have lived there. Considering it seems to be the go to place for out of the UK EVIL organisation headquarters (it was SPECTRE's Rome base in..err...SPECTRE as well) I wouldn't be surprised if it's played host to actors in Nazi costumes before either.

I may be going out on a limb here but I'm going to guess that the film will come down on the side of the Nazi's being bad and the allies being good, so it'll be a fairly respectful treatment of Churchill's side if not directly the man himself (wouldn't rule out a cameo though).
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
numbat

Post by numbat »

inflatable dalek wrote:so it'll be a fairly respectful treatment of Churchill's side if not directly the man himself (wouldn't rule out a cameo though).
Zombie Churchill?!?!?

(Or the canine insurance salesman?)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Lich Churchill would be way cooler.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I hope they get Christian Slater to reprise his role as everyone's favourite gun-toting UK Prime Minister.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

We have a trailer then.

I was planning to avoid all trailers, like I did for Age of Extinction, but it came up as the ad at the start of another Youtube video and I figured I could probably watch this one trailer, once, to whet my appetite without spoiling things. It got me excited at least!
SPOILER! (select to read)
Bad Prime!
Anthony Hopkins doing the old-guy-who-narrates-exposition thing!
A floaty planet monster that might be a bizarre Unicron!
Lennox!
Marky Mark looking buffer than ever!
King Arthur and Nazis!
I like bears.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Summerhayes wrote:We have a trailer then.

I was planning to avoid all trailers, like I did for Age of Extinction, but it came up as the ad at the start of another Youtube video and I figured I could probably watch this one trailer, once, to whet my appetite without spoiling things. It got me excited at least!
Bad Prime!
Anthony Hopkins doing the old-guy-who-narrates-exposition thing!
A floaty planet monster that might be a bizarre Unicron!
Lennox!
Marky Mark looking buffer than ever!
King Arthur and Nazis!
It actually did the reverse for me, it pretty much killed what little interest I had in this brain dead series, from now I rank the live action Transformers movies as I do the DC movies as 100% shit that should end.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I thought it looked good until I thought "ohhh more mysterious mysteries from the past". I will totally be going to see this, whatever, so I'm not going to pretend otherwise, despite how inherently awful/ repetitive it will be. I'm at the stage where I just enjoy the spectacle and know I'm just going to see a whole bunch of guff dressed up with alien robot punch ups and explosions.I do hope that big ball of dandelion fluff isn't going to be Unicron. That'll be up there with the disappointing Galactus storm cloud from the FF movie.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Skyquake87 wrote:I thought it looked good until I thought "ohhh more mysterious mysteries from the past".
Don't write it off yet: we still don't know what the macguffin is for this one!
numbat

Post by numbat »

I'm just excited to see Transformers in some of my favourite landscapes on Skye in Scotland.

:headbang:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Official movie poster reveal:

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/12/13/tran ... led-329975

No excitement for this movie, but ooh, that tagline! Actually fitting since Optimus hasn't been the classic hero he is since the first film.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

numbat wrote:I'm just excited to see Transformers in some of my favourite landscapes on Skye in Scotland.

:headbang:

...get destroyed by 'splosions
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I really like the movie poster. It's the first one that isn't a mish-mash but beautifuly simple.

Maybe now that Ehren Kruger isn't writing these things they might be a little better.
Come on and wind me up.
Ryan F

Post by Ryan F »

Interview with Lorenzo di Bonaventura.

http://collider.com/transformers-5-plot ... s-details/

Not earth-shatteringly enlightening, it's mostly just him droning on about 'mythology' like he's Chris Carter or something.

Oh, and
Quintessons
Transform And Roll-Out
The Unofficial And Unauthorised Guide To The Transformers (1984-92)
Available now from Telos Publishing
https://telos.co.uk/shop/cult-tv/transf ... -roll-out/
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

New tv spot just dropped
https://youtu.be/HW9dYl6aC-g
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Oh shit Anthony Hopkins is in this movie? That was unexpected.

Not keeping up with the news at all, as you can imagine -- I've only watched the TV spots, and that bit caught me by surprise.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

Extended TV Spot(Superbowl)
https://youtu.be/-lBn9nAHnFA
Mini Dinobots(Superbowl)
https://youtu.be/H275mEF1N1I
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Thanks to Takara's toy packaging, we have some official artwork for Barricade (also Optimus and some others but we already know what they look like): pictures here in Seibertron.

Look at Barricade! Not sure I like the new face, but dang if those Protect and Serve knuckledusters aren't hilarious.