Transformers Go! Anime

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Blackjack

Transformers Go! Anime

Post by Blackjack »

Soooo....

For those who don't know, Japan's launching a brand-new anime, done in a mixture of traditional art and stylized CGI in a similar fashion to the Energon and Cybertron cartoons. We have Transformers: Go!, which apparently takes place roughly after Beast Hunters.

The anime is apparently exclusive to DVDs packaged with Japanese magazines, although the first episode has been leaked into the internet. Of course, it's in Japanese.

The premise of the show is basically the two three-man Autobot combiners whose toys we've seen before are left on Earth to hunt down the remaining Predacons (repaints of the toy-only Predacons in the toyline) after Optimus Prime had defeated Predaking.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

interesting. If only what it means for the still to conclude Transformers : Prime. I was half expecting Shockwave's experiments to have survived (at least some of them), but from that premise it doesn't look as if that'll be the case.

The thought of more lifeless gawping CGI / Cel mash ups doesn't fill me with any enthusiasm for Transformers Go though.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

By virtue of being obscure and japanese, I bet these episodes will get a massively undeserved cult status.
I like bears.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Nah, Victory and Masterforce have a cult status just because there was no online community when they came out and I think even today you can't find the entirety of Victory subtitled, right?

Car Robots to Galaxy Force were pretty meh [though I'm in the group that vastly prefers Superlink], this will follow suit.

Just another villain of the week anime, filled with japanese stereotypical heroes [ninja and samurai teams?] that spawned 6 unique moulds and a plethora of predacon repaints [though at least predacons appear in that show].
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Knightdramon wrote:Nah, Victory and Masterforce have a cult status just because there was no online community when they came out and I think even today you can't find the entirety of Victory subtitled, right?

Car Robots to Galaxy Force were pretty meh [though I'm in the group that vastly prefers Superlink], this will follow suit.
Ah, but the difference is, we got RiD and UT stuff, whereas I doubt many people will bother watching this.
I like bears.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Victory was subtitled in full...I'm pretty sure it was, Metrodome did manage to put out the full series which was subbed. Or am i missing something?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The half dozen clip shows weren't subbed (in the UK and Oz releases anyway, I don't know what Shout have done Americans) so we technically don't have the whole series, but equally we have all the original content.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
numbat

Post by numbat »

What little I've seen of the Japanese G1 series put me off watching any more...

I did like RiD / Car Robots though. Skye-byte rules - it's a dream to own the figure of that guy in good nick. He sang his own theme tune! What a guy. What a guy.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Watched it.. and it's pretty bad. Take all the worst elements of RID and the Unicron Trilogy and toss them in a blend. Then, be sure to add the 'on a budget' spice to the mix. Bake half-way, and then release it as a DVD-only treatment. Utterly forgettable drek.

No one will remember this the moment TF4 hits its ramp-up.
Inaction Master

Post by Inaction Master »

RiD/Car Robots I still find to be something of a guilty pleasure. At the very least it ran along with its own strangely comedic energy.

When I had first heard this was going to be something involving samurai and ninja, I had thought it was going to be a straight good vs. evil robot teams kind of thing, which would have been fun. Would have sounded like the premise for a new entry in the Brave franchise.

I miss Brave.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Well... imagine if RID was played 'straight' (as in, not at all self-aware and overly serious at its most ridiculous)... and you get this, really.