Transformers: Prime Cancelled

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

It's telling to note that DOTM Shockwave was clearly the character without even having an alt-mode. Though there was a lot of confusion as to whether the big robo-squid was part of him or a vehicle or his pet.
I like bears.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/22/t ... 8a4c000038

Info-light, but Hasbro seems to have been happy with the direction Prime took.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Yeah, 65 episodes is good going. I'm still kind of sorry to see it go, whatever my misgivings. Its won me over and I've been enjoying the early episodes all over again on DVD. It's be nice to get some ratings/ demographic information on how well the show performed. I was under the impression that it was doing rather well before the plug was pulled.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Prime being the slight damp squib it has been in the UK, the toyline has now made its way to Home Bargains, where you can find Deluxes for £5.99 and Voyager toys at £11.99.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Might take a wander tomorrow lunch then. Only recently got Ratchet for regular price, though, and not sure I want any of 'em apart from that and Arcee...
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Skyquake87 wrote:Yeah, 65 episodes is good going.
65 episodes is also exactly how many episodes it takes to reach syndication, and after that they have to give the voice actors a raise...though I think I already told you all this.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

So is it Hasbro's plan to start a new series every 4 years or something? I've been told that TF: Prime is quite popular. Would be such a shame if they cancelled it just because they don't want to give a raise. Or could it be because they want to keep things fresh?
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I'm not sure, could be a bit of either column, but then it's rather disconcerting how they simple ax a new continuity every third season. Admittedly, three seasons is a relatively long time for a cartoon nowadays to go, and Transformers Prime's total episode count is highest compared to other American Transformers shows, but still...
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Springer85 wrote:So is it Hasbro's plan to start a new series every 4 years or something? I've been told that TF: Prime is quite popular. Would be such a shame if they cancelled it just because they don't want to give a raise. Or could it be because they want to keep things fresh?
Scuttlebutt is that the next series will be a 'followup' (new show, new mix of characters, a sequel to the continuity), but I imagine that whatever plans are going on, we'll hear about them in more detail (or at least teaser detail) at BotCon.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Summerhayes wrote:It's telling to note that DOTM Shockwave was clearly the character without even having an alt-mode. Though there was a lot of confusion as to whether the big robo-squid was part of him or a vehicle or his pet.
No kidding. All it would have taken was a quick addition to Prime's dialog to say it was Shockwave AND his pet, the driller.

It's seems as if the writer was so familiar with the concept of the driller he forgot the audience was new to it. I personally knew what it was because I read the novelization Before seeing the film.
Come on and wind me up.