Transformers 4 Rumours and News Thread.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Blackjack wrote:I'm just more worried about how they'll handle the soft reboot thing.
Bay wrote:Steven Spielberg and I are working on a whole new re imagining of Transformers, the fourth installment.
Seems a little more serious than just a "soft" reboot.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

"Re imagining" isn't automatically the same as a reboot, it could just mean a drastically new look and style for the films. Say the difference between Moonraker and For Your Eyes Only.

Though with Bay having a fairly standard style, I suppose that's not hugely likely.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Mmm, sounds a lot like generic "it won't be exactly the same as the last one" movie-speak to me.
bumblebeefan6987

Post by bumblebeefan6987 »

inflatable dalek wrote:As Digital Spy has what seems to be the first (possibly entirely fictitious) report up on plans for the next movie/s I thought a thread to collect all these things together as they come along over the next few years would be a good idea:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news ... s-4-5.html

So, they're at least looking into getting Bay back directing, hardly surprising considering the gonzo boxoffice, and may film the next two back to back. Frankly if the Statham thing is even remotely true I can't see him playing the main lead (which I can see being a more direct Sam substitute), maybe a Lennox style character.
i would be devostated if jason statham got the lead role i just cant imagine jason statham screeming for bumblebees help or optimus!!!!! not like shia could
AUTOBOTS MOBOLISE
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I'm sure Shia is very pleased that his ability to scream for help is world-renowned.
To be fair, he does scream like a little girl
I like bears.
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

bumblebeefan6987 wrote:i would be devostated if jason statham got the lead role i just cant imagine jason statham screeming for bumblebees help or optimus!!!!! not like shia could
OH come on. Statham will be the one to single handedly take down a mook decepticon. Hell, maybe he'd get the killshot on the big bad himself.

Lead roles need not be helpless human punks.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

relak wrote:OH come on. Statham will be the one to single handedly take down a mook decepticon. Hell, maybe he'd get the killshot on the big bad himself.

Lead roles need not be helpless human punks.
I think thats exactly what people don't want . . . do you remember how much they complained that people could take down 'cons at all?
I like bears.
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

Summerhayes wrote:I think thats exactly what people don't want . . . do you remember how much they complained that people could take down 'cons at all?
Thats cos they made cons weak and being able to be taken down by regular 40mm rounds.
Make the deceps near invincible THEN have Jason Statham take one down.

Statham's going to go Crank II on the Decepticon's afterburners.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

The near-invincible robots from the comics would be a hard sell, especially if they can kill eachother with ease but can't we scratch them. We wouldn't have anything as awesome as Prime flying in and chopping up a street full of deceps at the end of DOTM
I like bears.
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

Summerhayes wrote:The near-invincible robots from the comics would be a hard sell, especially if they can kill eachother with ease but can't we scratch them. We wouldn't have anything as awesome as Prime flying in and chopping up a street full of deceps at the end of DOTM
you could bring in a explanation for the lasers that transforners use.

The robots are near invincible to the projectile weapons of humans.
The only thing that can hurt them is energon based weapons that only transformers can use.

thats the impression i get as to why the TFs are near invincible in the comics.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Michael Bay on TF4:
SPOILER! (select to read)
“It’s not a reboot," Bay said, reiterating that the new film will have an all-new cast. "That’s maybe the wrong word. I don’t want to say 'reboot' because then people will think we’re doing a 'Spider-Man' and starting from the beginning. We’re not. We’re taking the story that you’ve seen — the story we’ve told in three movies already — and we’re taking it in a new direction. But we’re leaving those three as the history. It all still counts... We’re moving on to something different.”

Director Bay mentioned a bit about the plot as well...
"That feels like the way to go, doesn’t it?" says Bay. "I want to go a little off [the planet] but I don’t want to go too sci-fi. I still want to keep it grounded."
Source
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Truth be told Michael Bay is the only one who knows anything and likely is telling us nothing.

Quite possibly Bay has very little planned at this stage and can't tell us anything because there is nothing to tell.

Hell, he prepared RotF without most of a script and doesn't need much to make these movies. There may be little of the story developed at this time so no real revelations are forthcoming for at least another year.
Come on and wind me up.
iaconhub2005
Protoform

Post by iaconhub2005 »

Brimstone wrote:Seems a little more serious than just a "soft" reboot.
I'm thinking it would be something like "Son of the Pink Panther" (okay, bad example), where it's in the same continuity, but the story goes in a new direction. The term "reboot" confuses me too. I think of a reboot as the same thing as a remake. No one calls the 1994 version of Miracle on 34th Street a reboot. The new Nightmare on Elm Street, I would also call a remake. Maybe it's just me.