Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Firestrider57
Protoform

Post by Firestrider57 »

I honestly hope we see a Grimlock figure out of that line. We're about due for another one.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

Nice...
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

IGN Gameplay demo.

http://youtu.be/fttMWncb_yQ
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

I hope we get a third game on earth - I reckon the ability to transform to remain undetected by Humans would be a nice twist and rampaging robots around a grand theft auto city would be great fun!

As for this one, I'm not 100% sold on it yet. Mainly because I havent been blown away by the first one. It's fine, but if the Transformers license wasnt attached I'm not sure I would push through it.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Red Dave Prime wrote:I hope we get a third game on earth - I reckon the ability to transform to remain undetected by Humans would be a nice twist and rampaging robots around a grand theft auto city would be great fun!
I do think Transformers is really crying out for a good solid GTA sandbox-style game, yeh. So much of the format could be lifted beneficially - optional missions, two modes are an obvious analogue for on foot/in vehicle, Earth authorities in place of the police...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I'd love to see an open-world Transformers game one day, but if War for Cybertron is anything to go by High Moon probably aren't the people to do it. WFC was almost painfully linear, and about as far as you can get from a sandbox game like GTA. I don't think High Moon has much experience with anything but bog-standard shooters, yet, and if someone's going to do this I'd rather it be a developer with more experience in the genre.
glazios

Post by glazios »

Warcry wrote:I'd love to see an open-world Transformers game one day, but if War for Cybertron is anything to go by High Moon probably aren't the people to do it. WFC was almost painfully linear, and about as far as you can get from a sandbox game like GTA. I don't think High Moon has much experience with anything but bog-standard shooters, yet, and if someone's going to do this I'd rather it be a developer with more experience in the genre.
Perhaps a team effort could be considered; Rockstar makes decent sandbox/open-world games like GTA, as you mentioned, and Ubisoft have done an awesome job with the Assassin's Creed series, but insofar as I'm concerned, I wouldn't trust any other developer with the character aspect of a Transformers game, next to High Moon.

HM have proven themselves on the money thus far, their ambition is vested solidly with the interests of the fans - they went out of their own way to convince Hasbro to let them put the Dinobots in FOC, they really didn't have to do that - and they know what they're doing with the action and characterisation aspects; but as you also pointed out, they don't yet have much experience in other styles of gameplay.

If High Moon were to be involved in the production of an open-world TF title, perhaps they could do what they do best, while another studio be brought on-board to handle the environment aspects of the sandbox/open-world play style.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'd like to see a Rockstar/Bethesda/High Moon collaboration on a large-scale TF project like that, but I'm living in a dream world.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Hound

Post by Hound »

Sades wrote:I'd like to see a Rockstar/Bethesda/High Moon collaboration on a large-scale TF project like that, but I'm living in a dream world.
Hear that? A dream world.

It's like a dream world here! :D
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yep- a nightmare! :p

:*
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
glazios

Post by glazios »

Sades wrote:I'd like to see a Rockstar/Bethesda/High Moon collaboration on a large-scale TF project like that, but I'm living in a dream world.
Hound wrote:Hear that? A dream world.

It's like a dream world here! :D
Nothin' wrong with dreaming, guys. On rare occasion, the damn things up and come true.