Dark of the Moon Feedback and Reviews: Spoilers Ahoy.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Rockerion
Protoform

Dark of the Moon Feedback and Reviews: Spoilers Ahoy.

Post by Rockerion »

Beware, anyone who wants to avoid spoilers should stop reading right now- Dalek

I've just watched the 3rd movie and I have to say that I'm really really disappointed with it. just saying it as a big fan of TF's comics and old animations. don't get your hopes up too high for this one people. it will bring you down really hard. just enjoy it as neutrals.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Rockerion wrote:I've just watched the 3rd movie and I have to say that I'm really really disappointed with it. just saying it as a big fan of TF's comics and old animations. don't get your hopes up too high for this one people. it will bring you down really hard. just enjoy it as neutrals.
I really enjoyed it as a fan to be honest. Then again, I expected robots to beat the crap out of each other and that happened. :D

Liked the small reference to Ultimate Doom and Megatron's Masterplan or well, I immediately thought of those episodes when some events occurred. Leonard Nemoy as Sentinel voice is really awesome and fits really well.

It's a pretty straightforward movie and I'm probably going to see it again. :up:
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

As a fan, as a science fiction geek, as a 20-year-old bloke, as a child at heart, as a human being and as any other stereotype you can assign to me, that was my new all-time favourite film. Can't say too much right now because I just got back from a late-night showing at the super-fancy seats, but oh my god that was the stuff!
I like bears.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Thought the last few posts would be better off in a feedback thread, especially as there were a couple of references to things that especially spoilerphobic people might object too. So from hereonin, full on frank and free discussion of the film, which I'll be avoiding till I've seen it.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Clay

....and I'm back from the midnight TF3 showing

Post by Clay »

And so the reign of Bay is over! Bring on the inevitable reboot!

Same overall formula as the first two movies - seventeen different incoherent threads converge to one 45 minute spectacle at the end.

Big plus is that the plot is very... transformer-y, if that makes sense. All the human stuff distracts, but that's nothing new.

Big disappointment is that most of the big name draws added for this one don't bloody do anything. Movie should've been titled, "Transformers 3: Optimus Kills Everyone." Shockwave himself is a letdown, but his pet was quite a spectacle.

The new girl > Megan Fox. That is all.

A great line for the ages:

"Those are the Wreckers... we don't let them off base much. They're assholes."

And if anyone complains about spoilers, smack yourselves. Use your common sense, sillies.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Okay, enough hours have passed for me to coherently formulate an opinion on the movie. Will go and watch it again tonight, might add some in a few hours.

Not sure if the cinemas you guys attended had a break, but the one on mine was JUST as John Malkovich came in Sam's room\HQ. So I'll break it down to PT1 and PT2 based on that.

Part 1, for the most part, sucked balls. Hard.
Only great part of it was the struggle that Sam goes through. Having been in compulsory army service for almost a year, I can totally feel how he feels he went from hero to zero. And it really feels human.

Second best part was Megatron's scene in Africa. More on that later but I simply loved it. Still think they cheated out with his transformation, it seems too random and parts pop out and around and go NOWHERE. Soundwave is much smaller than I expected, maybe he was a really small satellite in ROTF?

Sam's boss was...eh. What a waste of such a good actor. Only his first scene was noteworthy. Sam's interactions with that chinese character are so plain silly any sane person would want to gouge their eyes\ears out and throw it on the wall. It was like ROTF all again. Really cringed at the scenes. Really cheered on his death. I'll pay good money for an official release with those scenes edited out.

Carly's character was not so bad, I actually prefer her a lot to Mikhaela, but for the love of god, must EVERYONE is EVERY SCENE she is in comment, verbally or physically, how hot she is? Really ruined many scenes.

Part TWO was really awesome, bar the few minutes that involve the great John Malkovich purr like a kitten when tugged by Bumblebee's cannon. WTF?

Real nice show of carnage and disaster that would happen if such an invasion was real. Many scenes in the opening montage of the city could feel right at home in a zombie movie [bar any walking dead, of course] and I loved the part where decepticon drones blast away humans. Finally, it took what, almost 30 years for such a scene in the franchise?

Didn't really understand the point of Sentinel's betrayal. So he made a deal with the Decepticons to rebuild Cybertron? If Cybertron is really gone at that point, why not annihilate them all and rebuild it with his autobots? The chronology is off as well, Megatron left Cybertron as soon as the allspark was gone and crash landed on Earth way before 1890 or so, when he was discovered. Sentinel was supposed to go after him...but crash landed on the moon in the 50-60ies? Unless his craft drifted in space for a long, long time, it's not plausible.

The battles were nice and detailed this time. You could see what was going on, robot versus robot. I'm usually apathetic at human action scenes even in the most hardcore of action films, but the entire sequence with the collapsing tower building was really something. The scene where office furniture falls on Shockwave and a cup breaks on his head was really, really well done. Gives a nice dread to a hide and seek stealth op they had going.

Overall, here's a much more condensed rundown

+Optimus Prime shines in this film. Loved him
+Sentinel Prime is very good as well. Leonard Nimoy nailed him.
-Megatron, having the coolest design of the three films, is a bitch. Does NOTHING, is severely weakened, and at the point where he SAVES Optimus, Optimus swiftly kills him. Kills him, for good. WTF? Major let down.
-Starscream goes out like a bitch. A smile came to my face as he uttered 'you and me again kid' [or something to that extent, to Sam]. How much better could that scene go if he added something on the lines of 'You robbed me of a chance to kill Megatron years ago'. But no, we have a blubbering moron who slurps like crazy for no reason and dies stupidly.
-Shockwave isn't the main baddie. He has no lines besides snarling Prime's name, either. And generally, doesn't do much. For all the badassery he represents, he just walks on the street cocking his gun.
+Soundwave is the only con I actually liked. And had the best death. But after manhandling those human contacts for so many years, he only decides to kill autobots after he's told to?
-Ironhide had fantastic scenes, great fun, great death, we were promised death scenes would have more impact and really affect the remaining characters but...nothing happened after he died. Neither Optimus nor Ratchet uttered a word.
+Sideswipe. RULES. He has what, one line? No worries, he delivers in style. Great fight scene with Ironhide and the dreads.
-Mirage\DINO. Don't like the design [looks like a bionicle]. Didn't do anything.
-Que\Wheeljack. Another nobody. Not a great death. We never even saw him transform through forms.
-So after Optimus defeats the huge worm...he gets tangled in cords and stays trapped until somebody cuts him down? :lol:
+Dreads scenes from the bridge until their death. :up:

Will probably add more and re-write the wall of text...
coinilius
Protoform

Post by coinilius »

The movie was batsh*t crazy, pardon the language. Even though I asterixed it. But seriously. Totally insane - it mangled continuity even more than RotF did, Carly was a non-event (IMO), Laserbeak as pink girly Bumblebee was WTF? inducing... although I actually liked Laserbeak, especially his constant alt-mode changing - if they can scan new altmodes so easily in the movie universe, why not use it all the time? They are 'robots in disguise' after all - Soundwave was hanging around Earth all this time and never once thought about the Allspark or rescueing Megatron? (and yes, the IDW comics are jumping through some hoops on the various continuity issues... but still... who reads them? :P ), the plot was totally ripped from the Titan comics alternate universe storyline (except that Ehren Kreuger and Michael Bay would have never, ever, heard of that particular run, I'm sure).

That said, I actually liked it quite a bit. Like Knightdramon said, Sam's early storyline about wanting to feel meangingful again was actually quite human and believable. The parents weren't as 'hey look we're funny' as they were in RotF (although their storyline actually came full circle in RotF).

The invasion stuff was pretty grim and gritty and well handled... except it came across very generic 'alien invasion' - I was having Battle LA flashbacks, War of the Worlds flashbacks and Terminator Salvation flashbacks all at once.

Optimus stuck in the cables, like Knightdramon said (again) was just lol I kepct thinking about the Autobots trying to poke him down with big sticks :P On that issue, there seemed to be a scene missing where Optimus got his trailer back, since he made a big comment about having to get it back to get the flight deck, then he just turned up flying after that never ending building scene (that entire sequence could totally be cut without losng anything, IMO).

I was also surprised about how little Shockwave did, since there seemed to be a lot of hype about him before the movie and then all he does is ride around on a giant worm.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Okay first up, my own thoughts. I'm still kind of reeling, and will probably be more coherent after watching it again (either tonight, or more likely next week after payday. Or both, if it goes that way.)

The structure and pacing of the film was a lot better than ROTF. The action piqued at the appropriate moment at the end. The wacky comedy was kept to the first act, where it belonged (with a few lighter moments later on, as you'd expect). The sense of dread was built up until the odds looked really stacked.

The action was amazing. It combined everything you love from a war film, an alien invasion film, a star-wars style epic (in the opening Cybertron scenes), a super-hero film and a big bad robot war.

However, the action never quite hits the same high as ROTF's forest fight. Perhaps because it never has the time to stop and concentrate on one moment.

Carly- fitter, blonder, britisher and with more character. I don't really know if she's the better actress, but she's certainly the better female lead in a Transformers film.

Ironhide. A badass fight scene followed by a shocking death which literally left me mouth agape and staring at the screen for minutes while my girlfriend looked at me and laughed. And he continues his trend of calling people punks.

Simmons. Has come full circle and is now a likable friend of Sams.

Human villains. Far better use of time than annoying government pinheads like Simmons in the first one or Gallaway in the second. When the main one was revealed, he was just a generally unlikeable dick, but then he turned out to be a proper baddy and I thought "yes- now Sam will actually get to beat the shit out of him". He did, and it was very satisfying.
The whole idea of human villains was handled very well. They were all cowards who were coerced into working for the Decepticons and never, ever treated as equals.

The dark, invasion-style scenes of despair and hopelessness were done brilliantly, particularly Sam's drive into the city.

The Wreckers! Didn't achieve a great deal, and never had individual names or said "Wreck and Rule". But they were brilliantly british and inexplicably badass. "You poncey wanker!" one of them actually said.

Bumblebee. He still speaks in radio-speak, but it kind of feels more like speech. Handled very well.

Optimus was even more brutal than last time! Shouting "YOU DIE" ad he killed Soundwave or, even worse, arriving on the scene with the mission statement "We'll kill them all!"
Also, after using every trick in the book to make us hate the baddies for killing prisoners, Optimus executes Sentinel with a headshot from behind after he's already beaten.

After seeing this, ROTF feels like a filler episode, with this one as the true sequel. Really ups the stakes, builds on the characters, replaces the two squads of the first film with a real army.

Umm . . . I can't think of much else right now . . . I'm getting excited just writing this.
Clay wrote: Big plus is that the plot is very... transformer-y, if that makes sense
Agreed. Definitley found myself thinking about The Ultimate Doom.
Clay wrote:Big disappointment is that most of the big name draws added for this one don't bloody do anything. Movie should've been titled, "Transformers 3: Optimus Kills Everyone." Shockwave himself is a letdown, but his pet was quite a spectacle.
Quite true, but non-Optimus robots had more to do in this one than in the second film.

Knightdramon wrote:Not sure if the cinemas you guys attended had a break,
No, I don't really see that in cinemas much anymore. A shame, as a film this long could really use one . . .
Knightdramon wrote:Part 1, for the most part, sucked balls. Hard.
I disagree. The second half was, admittedly, fantastic, in such a way that by this morning I barely remember the first half. But the comedy did make me laugh, and the plot did build some tension, and it meant the whole film flowed a lot better than ROTF. Like the first film, it started light and then built on the action until we had a stunning second act.
Knightdramon wrote:Only great part of it was the struggle that Sam goes through. It really feels human.
I agree. This whole character arc, of Sam trying to live a normal life of someone his age after being involved in all that he's been in was well done, and the business with Carly's brother meant she actually had some depth as well.

Knightdramon wrote:Sam's interactions with that chinese character are so plain silly any sane person would want to gouge their eyes\ears out and throw it on the wall.
I found these scenes hilarious. Yes, the first half overdid it on the silliness but it meant we didn't have to put up with Deceptiballs in the second half. Remember, this isn't War of the Worlds or even the Dark Knight- it exists to sell toys to kids and entertain the lowest common denominator. It can't all be doom and gloom and war.
Knightdramon wrote:Carly: must EVERYONE is EVERY SCENE she is in comment, verbally or physically, how hot she is? Really ruined many scenes.
They only really did this up until the point wherein Sam finally acknowledged how great he had it, and started to fight for her.
Also, I loved how when Wang first spotted her, we thought he was lusting after her but actually he was spying on Sam.
Knightdramon wrote:Part TWO was really awesome
Can't argue there. It was the shit.
Knightdramon wrote:Finally, it took what, almost 30 years for such a scene in the franchise?
It made the Decepticons a real threat, unlike the first 2 wherein they only stood a chance because they had some Deux Ex Machina. Here, they had the human/ Autobot alliance outgunned even without their space bridge.
Knightdramon wrote:Didn't really understand the point of Sentinel's betrayal.
As I understood it, the gist of it was that if the Autobots kept fighting, Cybertron would forever be a husk. But by giving the Decpeticons his tech and allowing them to conquer as tyrants, they would find the power to rebuild.
Knightdramon wrote:The chronology is off as well,
It did seem a bit odd, but not so much that it would be impossible to devise a fanon that covered it. I'm sure IDW will bend over backwards with a 36-part maxi-series that explains everything.
Knightdramon wrote:Unless his craft drifted in space for a long, long time, it's not plausible.
This was the impression I got- that it just drifted through space all the way to the moon, perhaps by chance or perhaps because its last heading was towards Earth.
Knightdramon wrote:I'm usually apathetic at human action scenes even in the most hardcore of action films, but the entire sequence with the collapsing tower building was really something.
Having accepted that these films think they need a human element to appeal to the masses (and having spoken to my girlfriend and others who aren't dyed-in-the-wool Transfans) the ratio of Autobot-to-human was well-handled, the battles were excellent and even Sam was pretty cool.

Knightdramon wrote:+Optimus Prime shines in this film. Loved him
Agreed. Though, like I say above, ROTF still holds his crowning moment of awesome. Perhaps because that film treats him as a super hero, whereas here he is just one (albeit key) soldier in a war.
Knightdramon wrote:+Sentinel Prime is very good as well. Leonard Nimoy nailed him.
God yes. Until he started talking, I had forgotten Nimoy was in it.
Knightdramon wrote:-Megatron, having the coolest design of the three films, is a bitch.
Agreed, though I can sort of understand why. For one, the diminishing returns of reviving the same villain- we've seen him beaten twice, we won't be threatened by him again. Secondly, when you have a villain like Sentinel Prime played by an actor like Nimoy, you don't waste him. And Sentinel was a very human villain.
Knightdramon wrote:-Starscream goes out like a bitch.
Agreed, but it was kind of appropriate. Starscream, by his very definition, is everyone's bitch and it was nice to see him get so humiliatingly destroyed.
Knightdramon wrote:Shockwave
I loved him. He was in so fleetingly, yet caused such chaos and just came across as mysterious and cool. I see him as the films' Boba Fett.
Knightdramon wrote:Soundwave
Was great. What a baddy. And though he didn't look or talk much liek Soundwave, his role as coercer and behind-the-scenes fiddler was pure Soundwave.
Knightdramon wrote:Ironhide had fantastic scenes, great fun, great death, we were promised death scenes would have more impact and really affect the remaining characters but...nothing happened after he died. Neither Optimus nor Ratchet uttered a word.
After he died, the shit got real. I imagine there was time to mourn him after the film ended. As I said above, his actual death hit me hard.
Knightdramon wrote:Sideswipe. RULES. He has what, one line? No worries, he delivers in style. Great fight scene with Ironhide and the dreads.
Agreed. Him and Irohide with the Mexican Standoff and the car chase were very cool.
Knightdramon wrote:-Mirage\DINO.
Forgettable character, but quite a cool, colourful design.
Knightdramon wrote:-Que\Wheeljack. Another nobody. Not a great death. We never even saw him transform through forms.
I loved him. He was good as a cute, bumbling inventor and then his death was so brutal and really made me hate the baddies, both human and 'con.

coinilius wrote:The movie was batsh*t crazy
That's what I loved about it!
coinilius wrote:The parents weren't as 'hey look we're funny' as they were in RotF (although their storyline actually came full circle in RotF).
I think they were handled quit well here- they weren't trying too hard like in ROTF, which meant Judy's big penis line was hilarious and believable.
coinilius wrote:The invasion stuff was pretty grim and gritty and well handled... except it came across very generic 'alien invasion' - I was having Battle LA flashbacks, War of the Worlds flashbacks and Terminator Salvation flashbacks all at once.
While thats true, I think it handled it better than most other films by having the fight back be both believable and winnable. In Battle LA the aliens just end up being lame, in WOTW they were beaten by the common cold in a social commentary that doesn't make sense anymore. And in Termiantor they're beaten because Batman's voice is so gruff they're all scared away. (I kid- the original 2 Terminators are some of my favourite films ever).
coinilius wrote:there seemed to be a scene missing where Optimus got his trailer back,
I felt this too. Seeing him turn his trailer into a jetpack would have sold so may toys as well, so I'm surprised they skipped it.
coinilius wrote:that never ending building scene (that entire sequence could totally be cut without losng anything, IMO).
It might not have missed much of the plot, but that sequence was absolutely superb.
I like bears.
coinilius
Protoform

Post by coinilius »

That's what I loved about it!
Oh don't get me wrong, I loved that too :D
While thats true, I think it handled it better than most other films by having the fight back be both believable and winnable. In Battle LA the aliens just end up being lame, in WOTW they were beaten by the common cold in a social commentary that doesn't make sense anymore. And in Termiantor they're beaten because Batman's voice is so gruff they're all scared away. (I kid- the original 2 Terminators are some of my favourite films ever).
A big part of this for me was the sound and the design of the ships - they seemed very Battle LA, and I was also dissapointed that they WERE ships - rather than just, well, Decepticons in giant flying vehicle mode :P As for the sound, it was the 'Booooooooom' deep mechanical resonating noise effect (hard to desrcibe in writinh lol) that kept bringing me back to Termnator Salvation and WotW (the Tom Cruise version).
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

It was quite odd they were in ships despite being able to transform, but I guess it was all so Bumblebee could fly it . . .
I like bears.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Finally, being tried very hard to avoid any previews and TV spots and discussions (so don't blame me for spoil anything, movie is out), I have really mixed feeling about this movie. Part of me want to like it and the other part was so disappointed.

Again, they (Hasbro) use big names to try to make old fans happy but those big names don't have any much screen time so how to make old fans happy. Shockwave is really cool and took the entire Autobots to fight him but still couldn't bring him down only until Prime showed up. But how many words did he said? There was even no interactions between him and others like Megatron or Soundwave. So he can just simply be replaced with any tough whoever Decepticon and the end result is the same. The best Decepticon overall is Laserbeak IMO and he SPEAKS!

Autobots side, Wreckers are totally let down. And Soundwave, you really, really should trigger faster to end that endless Camaro toy remolds. I was really hoping to see that moment even though that might make some kids cry. But hey, we watched Prime died in '86 movie.

Human side, Lennox (Josh) sucks. Not that he didn't play well, he is still a good character. But the writers just didn't write him well. Epps, on the other hand, is much better than he was in ROTF.

Special effects. Everything is good except the 3D. Again, this is unnecessary.

Overall, I will definitely go see again to try to figure out some missing and uncertain things.
Sunrunner
Protoform

Post by Sunrunner »

Really, really disappointed with this film...

I went in hoping that DOTM would at least be better than ROTF, and on this it succeeds - ROTF had a script written by 5 year olds, DOTM appears to have been written by an 8 year old, so some improvement at least.

The Good. This section will be short.
Set pieces are ok, with plenty of action and FX, although as usual the focus is more on the human combatants than the Transformers.
Optimus Prime musing on whether his leadership was inferior to Sentinal's - showed some depth of character, but sadly this was soon skipped over.
Sam struggling with real life after his involvement with the Autobots, but on the other hand its hard to see why he is so down, it must be a hard life to live in a luxury apartment paid for by your super hot GF...

The Bad.
Massive plot holes - Sentinal Prime in league with Megatron? Ok. So why did he refuse the Matrix when Op offered it? Why did Megatron aid the Fallen's plan to destroy the earth if his goal was to rebuild Cybertron using earth's resources? Why did the Deceps shoot down the Ark if Sentinal was their ally? Etc etc etc. How do these script writers stay in work????
Cheap laughs - do we need Simmons, Sam's parents etc recycling the same crass, unfunny material? And Malkovich. Really? You're better than that.
Bay gets rid of the twins following fan complaints regarding the crude, stereotyped, swearing bots. And replaces them with... 2 minibots who are crude, stereotyped and swear a lot. Good job.

The Ugly.
P*ss poor editing. Oh no Bumblebee has been captured and is going to be executed! Wait. When did he get captured? The previous scene showed him rescuing Sam. And since when do Deceps take prisoners in the middle of a battle? Optimus has lost his trailer - " I need that flight tech" ok next scene you can have it. With absolutely no explanation as to how you got it back.
The whole film appears to have been edited by someone who clearly doesn't give a damn about continuity.

I so badly wanted this film to be great, but feel let down on every level. The plus side is with virtually every major character being killed off there is little chance of a 4th film. Now lets hope someone does a Batman Begins/Casino Royale in a couple of years time and gives the franchise a much needed reboot. (Incidently who else thinks Rosie Huntington-Whitley (actually not too bad an actress in this) is a shoe in for the next Bond Girl part?)

Also, why do some Transformers have hair now?
Ice Shard
Protoform

Post by Ice Shard »

Those Transformers with hair seemed to have like sea anemones taped to their head...

I got rather upset when Megatron decided to die, without having an almighty tussle with Optimus. Same with Starscream being killed off without betraying his leader :/ Megatron's "cape" needed to go, it annoyed me endlessly that they went for the "poor lost soul" approach, plus his head was never really mended was it? He just kept losing parts of it till his head came off entirely.

The scene with them in the half falling building was ridiculously long, and ultimately they were all in perfect health when emerging from it. Not even a sprained ankle?? Or a few more cuts and bruises...

Overall not a bad film, and the fight scenes were so much more clearer this time, I could actually make out where arms and legs where :)
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I think that, like Revenge of the Fallen this will benefit from repeated viewings on DVD. I was really hoping I'd love it. I wanted all dials up to 11, Spinal Tap style.

At the moment I much prefer RotF.

What the hell was with Carly's lips? There was more CGI going on there than on the robots. Not far off Pete Burns territory.

Was there really an Autobot called Dino? They mentioned it so briefly, and I was as intrigued about that red car as I was with Jolt. And where has he gone?

Prime is a vicious little sod too.

I loved Shockwave. Yes he didn't do much, but he was the only proper sinister villian. He looked viciously powerful and scary, and I would've loved it to be more focused around him. So they missed a trick with Shockwave, which was made up for with Sentinel being an utter bastard :)

However I personally wouldn't have sacrificed Shockwave's characterization in favour of Sentinel Prime. I did enjoy SP, but it seemed like, as with RotF there was one too many bad guy boss characters floating about.
They could've achieved the same effect with Megatron & Starscream. I actually felt sorry for Megatron in this film. He was so chronically underused, & rendered a non-threat until the last few minutes. Remember the menace he had in the first film? Now even poxy Carly isn't scared of him, and her calling Megatron a bitch was real low point for me. Perhaps one of the lowest points in the whole three films (personally speaking).

I would love to write more too, but its really late here. I'll think about it at work tomorrow.

Tell you what though, I really thought Bay was going to do the unthinkable and execute Bumblebee at one point. Same for Prime too, when he was pleading with Sentinel right at the end.

And that was a good thing that Mr. Bay managed, I really felt that not one of the good guys was above getting blown to smithereens in this one. I was bricking it for Sideswipe, Dino & the Wreckers personally. They had cannon fodder written all over them.

And Ironhide, I was getting really fond of him. Arse.

[Edit]Nice to see Barricade back, talking his incomprehensible gibberish. Even if it was for just a moment. I quite like the idea of these guys taking time off to go & do their own thing rather than endlessly fighting. Barricade could have a thing for painting landscapes as a way to relax in a Rob Newman kinda way.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
pegasusprime
Protoform

Post by pegasusprime »

does ultimate prime appear ?
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

pegasusprime wrote:does ultimate prime appear ?
If you mean Optimus with wings on, then yes.
I like bears.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Loved it. Absolutely F***ing loved it. This film kicked ROTF's ass left right and centre.

The Wreckers, yeah they didn't seem to do as much as they could have but what little time they had was used well. Loved that one of them was basically a mad Scottish bastard.

Laserbeak was genuinely creepy and possibly one of my fave characters in the film, so much better than Ravage and having him land on Soundwave's arm was a nice touch.

Sentinel Prime was great, if slightly bonkers. Nimoy's voice acting was superb, really suited the character. His initial betrayal was handled beautifully and Ironhide's death left me reeling. LOVED the Spock quote even if it was forced...

Soundwave actually did more than make sweet sweet love to a satellite for 2 hours! He really was great in this film, a perfect blend of menace and ruthless efficiency.

Megatrons descent into madness plus I actually quite liked the hood/cape thing.

The Decepticons actually seemed threatening for a change rather than being a collection of genericons, after Ironhide's death there was an "anything goes" kind of atmosphere to the film that kept the feeling of suspense going. I felt myself welling up when 'Bee was due to be executed, I genuinely thought they were going to kill him.

The Russian bar scene.

Prime's trailer Transforming.

Decepticons killing humans!

DISLIKES-
Again the comedy was a little too much, admittedly it was toned down and I found myself laughing more than i did in the second one ("Get out of my office Gaylord!"), but even so Malkovitch was wasted and I was tired of him pretty quickly.

Starscream being taken down by Sam and pointlessly spitting everywhere... I can't help but feel he's been wasted since his epic flight scene in the first movie.

The slo-mo 3D was massively overused, I did find that 3D worked really well for this film (Bumblebee ejecting Sam, catching him and then Transforming back) but when the movie's slowing down in EVERY SINGLE ACTION SCENE it gets old pretty fast.

I found myself wondering how 9 Autobots could fit into a rocket booster...will have to re-watch that bit I think because the scale's all messed up in my head.

Prime being stuck in wires for half the battle.

Shockwave looking cool but being wasted as a character.

Prime and Megatrons final battle should have been a lot longer than it actually was, especially when it followed "After all, what are you without me Prime?" "It's about time we found out!" such a waste.

HATES-

Just one thing...CARLY COULDN'T ACT FOR SHIT! Yeah Megan Fox was a bit shite too but at least she seemed to be trying...

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Dragon Warrior Steve
Protoform

Post by Dragon Warrior Steve »

Once again the Transformers took a back seat to everything, but that's not surprising considering how damn expensive they must be to animated. Most of the focus is on the Sam and the other humans, but that's hard on the brain when every human is like a perverted schizophrenic.

I thought Sentinel turning was just odd, as well as the whole backstory to it. It totally retcons all the plans that Megatron had in previous films. And it didn't make sense why Sentinel would team up with the Decepticons to rebuild Cybertron when the Decepticons are the ones destroying it in the first place.

Speaking of Megs, it baffles me how for the second time he takes the backseat as a villain. I'm shocked that a friggin' Autobot is the main antagonist of the film. And Megatron seems more like a bitchy adolescent. The fact that a one-armed Optimus is able to kill him instantly is just laughable. What the hell happened to the Megatron in the first movie? The one that evoked fear upon all the Autobots, and handed Prime's ass to him? Come ROTF, Megs needs two other robots to help kill Prime, and in the newest film can't even pull an Obi Wan on Anakin Optimus.

The visuals were certainly remarkable, but they just felt so uninteresting. I'm amazed I couldn't find myself interested in any of the final battle scenes. And it was downright silly to see Prime take down a robotic version of a tremor, but then gets tangled up in some cords. The Autobots get taken prisoner after a scene I guess they thought wasn't crucial to the film.

The robot Doc Brown complete with hair (who unfortunately turned out to be Wheeljack, but for some reason was referred to as Que) is killed, but not before begging for his life. It really didn't make you morn the death of him, which reminds me that Ironhide also died. It's bad enough that I forgot he died, but it's worse that the characters in the actual movie forgot as well.

I couldn't even get myself attached to the other new robots, because I don't even know their damn names. They can't even take a minute to introduce these new guys? I think they much rather prefer showing them in vehicle mode making sick turns in Libya. It's cheaper that way.

Prime shooting Sentinel in the head was just downright disturbing. Why are the Autobots homicidal maniacs in these last two films? I realize keeping Sentinel alive wouldn't benefit anyone, but it just didn't seem like something Optimus Prime would do. And that's just embarrassing that characters from toy commercial cartoons are more honorable, or at least wiser.
pegasusprime
Protoform

Post by pegasusprime »

but its look like the ultimate or like jetwing
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Dragon Warrior Steve wrote: I thought Sentinel turning was just odd, as well as the whole backstory to it. It totally retcons all the plans that Megatron had in previous films. And it didn't make sense why Sentinel would team up with the Decepticons to rebuild Cybertron when the Decepticons are the ones destroying it in the first place.
My take on this was that Sentinel realized that once the war started, neither side would stop until it's end. Since the Decepticons where winning, and there was no easy end in sight, he switched sides to try and save the planet. Also Optimus didn't have the Matrix until RotF, so Sentinel couldn't be revived until that point, so why not try and take the energon from the sun and end the war by killing the Autobots? Also consider the gamble that if the Autobots found out Sentinel Prime was alive and they didn't have the Matrix, how hard would they search for it just to revive him? It's all a matter of timing.

Dragon Warrior Steve wrote: Prime shooting Sentinel in the head was just downright disturbing. Why are the Autobots homicidal maniacs in these last two films? I realize keeping Sentinel alive wouldn't benefit anyone, but it just didn't seem like something Optimus Prime would do. And that's just embarrassing that characters from toy commercial cartoons are more honorable, or at least wiser.
Move Prime does. Not. Mess. Around.

That seems to be a reoccurring thing. This version of Prime does the right thing for the right reason, but does not mess around with taking prisoners that'll only try and escape/backstab. He likes to make sure the threat is totally removed.