New toys for 2010/post-movie

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... found.html

Scouts class two-pack:

-Blue Maximus (repaint of ROTF Ransack, name is a Prussian medal given out in WWI) vs Crosshairs (repaint of ROTF Rollbar)
-Drydock (repaint of ROTF Depthcharge) vs Undertow (repaint of Cybertron Shortround)
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I saw the Target exclusive 2-packs yesterday in Iowa. I didn't get any since I've got at least one of each of the molds, but $10 for 2 deluxes is a great price. Really hate the day-glo yellow they used on Bumblebee, though.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Notabot wrote:I saw the Target exclusive 2-packs yesterday in Iowa. I didn't get any since I've got at least one of each of the molds, but $10 for 2 deluxes is a great price. Really hate the day-glo yellow they used on Bumblebee, though.
They are only $10?! Might need to do some hunting later...
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

I saw two of the Wal*Mart exclusive 2 packs today.

The Bumblebee/Grindor one is...ugh to say the least. The yellow and green clash horribly and it just looks bleh.

The Brawl/Jolt one? Brawl looks like a box of crayons ate to much cheap Chinese food and the results ended up as Brawl's deco. Jolt is okay, but man is that Brawl fugly.

Thinking of that, what the hell Hasbro?

The Target 2 packs seem hit or miss. The Barricade/Sideswipe pair looks pretty good, imho. The Arcee/Tailwhip pair also looks decent, if only because I like the new color and deco for Arcee much much better then the original and because Tailwhip is a mold I don't own yet and ties in with Barricade from the 2 packs. The Twins/Sideways set is...eh. While you get the twins in a dirty, nasty deco the toys themselves are bleh to begin with, and Sideways really does not need a new, slightly changed deco. Lastly the Bumblebee/Thrust pack is...eh. I'd get it if the Bumblebee in it was not almost litteraly day-go. I swear you can see that thing in the dark it's so gawd awful bright. And they used the Bumblebee mold with those giant, kid like eyes that will STARE INTO YOUR SOUL!!!!!! I'd get it for the Thrust, but I don't feel like paying $20 and having an "Demonic Toys" version of Bumbleebee around as a result.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

I saw the Target exclusives today, but since I'm not a movie-figure fan they did nothing for me. (Besides, I was on the hunt for computer parts.. a failed hunt, as it turns out.)

I did see the Rallybots and Destructicons today (oddly, the Combaticons and Aerialbots seem like old news). Neither filled me with much interest, seemed like four half-ass legends figures stuck on a half-ass basic figure. So far, the only two of these guys to tempt me was Huffer and Bombshock... really just seems like the PCC line is missing something to make it really worth it.

The first wave of Generations was also represented and I now have Drift-chan and Thrust. I already had WFC Bumblebee but I'm trading it off. My daughter, who wanted it, threw it down in frustration so... out it goes. No more WFC toys, it looks like.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

New Walmart Generations listings:

TRA DLX PERCEPTOR UPC 6-53569-56571
TRA DLX OPTIMUS PRM UPC 6-53569-56572
TRA DLX BUMBLEBEE UPC 6-53569-57672
TRA DLX FALLBACK UPC 6-53569-55797
TRA DLX MINDSET UPC 6-53569-55799
TRA DLX SPL OPS JAZ UPC 6-53569-5580
TRA DLX TURBO TRACK UPC 6-53569-55801
TRA DLX WRECKGAR UPC 6-53569-56573

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.ph ... 73078&st=0
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I didn't realize those listings weren't common knowledge...ran into them a couple weeks ago. Mindset is a redeco of Hailstorm that we heard about a while back, but IIRC Fallback (Outback?) and Wreck-Gar were new.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Warcry wrote:I didn't realize those listings weren't common knowledge...ran into them a couple weeks ago. Mindset is a redeco of Hailstorm that we heard about a while back, but IIRC Fallback (Outback?) and Wreck-Gar were new.
Fallback is supposedly a redeco/retool of ROTF Brawn. Outback would be fitting.

Although, are those new OP and Bumblebee? Will we be seeing new versions of their classic G1 selves in the Deluxe price point?

Tracks?!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Thunderwave wrote:Fallback is supposedly a redeco/retool of ROTF Brawn. Outback would be fitting.
Makes sense to me.
Thunderwave wrote:Although, are those new OP and Bumblebee? Will we be seeing new versions of their classic G1 selves in the Deluxe price point?
Quickest way to figure out if they're new toys would be to check the UPCs in the listing against the ones for War For Cybertron Prime and Bumblebee. Does any one have those two on-hand?
Thunderwave wrote:Tracks?!
We saw blurry pics of Tracks along with Scourge, Jazz, Perceptor and the rest a few months ago.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Thanks Transformer's Club!

wreck-Gar in Robot and Perceptor in vehicle:

http://www.transformersclub.com/_images/ish_35.jpg

Wreck-Gar looks like he's made of junk. I like it on principle alone.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Warcry wrote: We saw blurry pics of Tracks along with Scourge, Jazz, Perceptor and the rest a few months ago.
Here's Tracks:

Robot mode.

Vehicle mode.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Thunderwave wrote:wreck-Gar in Robot
Very fitting. Very fitting indeed. I wonder what the alt-mode looks like.
praetorian wrote:Here's Tracks:
Well, it looks like that'll beat out the Alternator for looks and articulation. Good show. :)
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

YES! Wreck-gar! :clap:

Keeping my fingers crossed for a Kup in 2011
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

praetorian wrote:Here's Tracks:

Robot mode.

Vehicle mode.
*looks closely* Is that...is that...it is! A rubsign!

When was the last time you saw one of those?
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Thunderwave wrote:*looks closely* Is that...is that...it is! A rubsign!

When was the last time you saw one of those?
Here, here, and here. Just to name a few.

Oh, and vehicle mode for Generations Thunderwing:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=7436074107
numbat

Post by numbat »

Some poor images of the lot and more (bar Wreck-Gar) taken at CybertronCon in China:

http://powet.tv/powetblog/2010/07/30/tr ... -in-china/

I'm not really taken by any except Windcharger (and Wreck-Gar), truth-be-told.

They totally butchered Scourge... What a shame.

And Tracks looks kibble-tastic. Ach well. (And am I missing something, or does he have four arms?)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

numbat wrote:(And am I missing something, or does he have four arms?)

All the better to keep himself pretty with?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

OKay, my day is made right now! Wreck-Gar! The customizers are going to have lot's of fun with this! I really love that legends g1 Megatron as well!
And, voyager Lugnut just made my day!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

News Everywhere!

WFC Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing.

Scout Brimstone repaint, and Windcharger.

Powercore Heavyspike and unnamed Plane.

Mindset, Fallback, Jazz and Tracks!

Confirmation of Deluxe Class Laser Rod Prime and Legends Class Trailbreaker.

And Japan isn't going to feel left out, as Henkei returns as Transformers United! WFC Prime, Soundwave, Megatron, Bumblebee start off the line, as well as Japanese releases of that one Deluxe Optimus Prime, Drift, and Straxus, and rounded out with another release of Classics Gun Megatron. All of these toys abandon the usual Henkei chrome for the shiny paint from Alternity Cliffjumper and the Japanimated line.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Firestrider57
Protoform

Someone pinch me, please!!

Post by Firestrider57 »

I am a real G1 fan! I love the G1 figures and most homages to the G1 line, but CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY TRACKS LOOKS SO STINKING AWFUL!!?! Jazz is great ( although he's not a Porsche) the WFC guys look great, Highbrow and Wreck Gar look good, but why didn't Tracks get a Corvette appearance instead of that lame "Rice Burner" look. This reminds me of one of those cheesy 70's Opels or 280 ZX's . This looks awful!! Please guys ( Yo Hasbro!) reissue this guy as an actual Vette! You've got Prowl, Smokescreen, Bluestreak as 350 Z's ; Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Red Alert as Lambo's , and you guys can't pull off a Vette? C'mon ! I say this because of my affinity for Track's character. I liked the G1 '82 Vette and Alternators Vette. Just hoping you can do it again with a hot line.