New toys for 2010/post-movie

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

I just got a look at United Wave 3 and, honestly, I think the US releases look better on all four of them.

Blurr is, as much as I hate to say it, too blue. The shades in robot mode are too close together and he looks like a big blob of blue.

Kup has that kind of shiny plastic for his body which strikes me as wrong for the character. And is he...smiling?

Perceptor has no chrome! All the chrome bits are white on him. Looks...odd.

Ad lastly Wreck-Gar is too bright. The subdued shades look more appropriate for a transformer made of left over spare bits and bobs.

Over all, for once, not terribly impressed in the least.
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Uh, Classic Warpath?
HELLZ YAH!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:Uh, Classic Warpath?
HELLZ YAH!
Yep. Dare I even say..."Ka POW!"

:D
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Sades

Post by Sades »

I thought there was a Warpath already done a few years back? Think it was a minibot or such though.

I'm betting on repaints/retoolings. Boringggg.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Sades wrote:I thought there was a Warpath already done a few years back? Think it was a minibot or such though.
He was a Legends class figure. The one they recolored to make Sparkcrusher recently. Screw that, give me a proper KAPOW Deluxe.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

A new Warpath design showed up in the comic that came with the recent Rodimus/Cyclonus two-pack, and people who worked on the comic have confirmed on other boards that it was based on the design for the new toy. So Warpath at least is a new design.

Arcee? M'eh. People actually care about Arcee?
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Warcry wrote:Arcee? M'eh. People actually care about Arcee?
I could take her or leave her. I wouldn't mind a Classics style Arcee, but I'm not excited or anything. Bonus points if they make her a Headmaster.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Since she's slated to be a Deluxe, I'm not sure how well a Headmaster would work out. A Voyager or Ultra-class Headmaster could have a Minicon-sized partner, but on a Deluxe I don't think it'd work very well. Armada Sideways proved that.

Frankly, if they're going to be making a new Headmaster I'd rather see a Scorponok or Fortress Maximus, a larger toy that could really make the most out of the gimmick.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Warcry wrote:A new Warpath design showed up in the comic that came with the recent Rodimus/Cyclonus two-pack, and people who worked on the comic have confirmed on other boards that it was based on the design for the new toy. So Warpath at least is a new design.

Arcee? M'eh. People actually care about Arcee?
Hmm. I'll have to see if there are scans of that floating about. Well, if I can be bothered/someone doesn't link to one before I start looking.

I've started to become more interested in Arcee recently; I'm hoping there's very little chance of it being a retool of anything currently out, and the toy design on the last fig (Animated) wasn't too bad. Different than your standard TF, anyway. It'd be nice if they'd stop it with the pink, but that's not going to happen.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Scans aren't up yet — I've looked. The panel with Warpath is scanned and up on the TFWiki, though. Not a bad design.

I hated Arcee, for the record. Only liked her IDW interpretations (what little she had in the Movie comics and G1's crazy stalker bitch thing). Her cartoon and Marvel comic appearances were banal.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I was appreciative of the sparkles on the Arcee toy, too. Girls like sparkles.
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Blackjack wrote:Scans aren't up yet — I've looked. The panel with Warpath is scanned and up on the TFWiki, though. Not a bad design.

I hated Arcee, for the record. Only liked her IDW interpretations (what little she had in the Movie comics and G1's crazy stalker bitch thing). Her cartoon and Marvel comic appearances were banal.
1. I hate Arcee too.
2.Care to link the scans?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:2.Care to link the scans?
Warpath, anyway...

He looks like a bigger, more complex version of the Legends design to me. Definitely different, but taking a lot of inspiration from him.
glazios

Post by glazios »

Does anyone have any idea when the RTS wave containing Lugnut will be officially released in the UK?

I put in a preorder for one over at Kapow Toys some weeks back when their website said "Due for Release: December/January", paid them, and then they waited a fortnight to tell me that the preorder wouldn't actually come through until 'sometime in March.' What kind of BS website lists their damn preorders as "IN-STOCK"?!

Now I'm sitting here like a fruit, wrestling violently with the idea of saying to hell with it and just importing one -- only problem with that brilliant plan is that Kapow's site doesn't seem to give me the option of canceling my order now that it's "processing", which is a load of BS seeing as they might not even GET the figure for the next 4-to-6 weeks.

'Case you hadn't noticed, I'm feeling kinda fcked off right now. :rant:
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Have had my fair share of problems with Kapow myself over the last 5 months. Their customer service is awful. The same person doesnt follow up on emails with most replies either irrelevant to the question or false promises which never happen (Mostly replied by Andy and Charlotte). Even their customer service by phone is awful and you get spoke to like something you wipe off you foot.
After 5 months of argueing with them I finally got my money back (which was over £200 worth). Am certainly not going to be in a hurry to buy from them again after nearly 3 years of using them.
Their number is 01603400602 if you want to call them which is what id advise you to do as their email system is dire.
glazios

Post by glazios »

Rookwise wrote:Have had my fair share of problems with Kapow myself over the last 5 months. Their customer service is awful. The same person doesnt follow up on emails with most replies either irrelevant to the question or false promises which never happen (Mostly replied by Andy and Charlotte). Even their customer service by phone is awful and you get spoke to like something you wipe off you foot.
After 5 months of argueing with them I finally got my money back (which was over £200 worth). Am certainly not going to be in a hurry to buy from them again after nearly 3 years of using them.
Their number is 01603400602 if you want to call them which is what id advise you to do as their email system is dire.
I got an answer to my email two or three days after I contacted them, but it was blunt, and I got the impression that they were thinking 'Why the fck did you not know this?' and generally felt like I was wasting their time.

I ordered from them because they are a UK-based site, and appeared to have the figure in-stock at the time I ordered it. Now they have my money, and - this is what's hacked me off most - I can't seem to be able to cancel my order without getting in-touch with them directly.

Hell, I can't even find anything on the site that details my right to cancel at my discression, which is a legal right that MUST be detiled to the customer, as I recall, and should NOT be hard to find on any website.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

There isnt anything on the site to allow you to cancel an order and the order details never get updated (i still have one from over a year ago saying processing). Only thing you can do is email them telling then to cancel the order but if you want your money back you really need to phone them otherwise you wont get it back. Be firm with them and dont take any messing about. They should refund your money before close of business if you paid via paypal.
glazios

Post by glazios »

Rookwise wrote:There isnt anything on the site to allow you to cancel an order and the order details never get updated (i still have one from over a year ago saying processing). Only thing you can do is email them telling then to cancel the order but if you want your money back you really need to phone them otherwise you wont get it back. Be firm with them and dont take any messing about. They should refund your money before close of business if you paid via paypal.
I did pay with PayPal, and they'd better give my money back without a fuss or I will complain to Trading Standards.

They picked the wrong guy to take for a ride, and they sure-as-shit picked the wrong day to do it.

EDIT:

Just recieved an email telling me that the previous contact misinformed me as to when they're due to recieve the stock; according to this new email, it's due in the first week of March, which is next week. If they still haven't posted my order by next Friday, I'm gonna be wicked-pissed, and will proceed to raise hell.

Won't be using Kapow again, as their website is misleading as to what they have in-stock and what they don't.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Sounds very similar to a series of problems I had with EpicHeroes a few years ago - someone I'll never order from again (besides, these days their prices are ridiculous anyway!). Similar mess ups on stock (preorders where it turned out they hadn't even secured stock from a supplier, products not matching description, or ordering when they've been out of stock for months but not bothered to update their website. They similarly were very difficult to get money from, and customer service was shocking - rude, and they expected sympathy and understanding for their incompetence!)

I'll avoid Kapow too, now - thanks!

Good luck with it all, and I hope you receive your Lugnut.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.