New toys for 2010/post-movie

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

It's a close-enough Corvette, just like how the Lambos were close-enough Lambos.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

That Jazz looks awesome! Definately getting him! I have to say that now that I see Tracks properly transformed, I'm probably going to get him too.

Thunderwing doesn't look half as bad either, but I'd only be getting him because he was so awesome in the comics and I have his original toy too. He's sadly not a Pretender now so I'll list him under 'maybe' :)
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Trailbreaker! TRAILBREAKERRRRRRRR~! :D

Wreck-Gar is so bought. So is Tracks. And Jazz. And Mindset. Thunderwing doesn't look that good, sadly, but that didn't stop me before. Ditto for Scourge.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Tracks is looking a lot better after being properly (or more properly) transformed. Still, not as great as I'd hope for... I am a huge fan of Corvettes (I am quite happy the alt mode does resemble this enough, although would have preferred the more familiar flame motif), and of Tracks, and will probably end up with it. It will tug at my heart strings...

Thunderwing also has benefited from better transformation (in both modes), and I like the effort that has gone into his design. But I didn't like the original design enough in the first place to actually buy it. Still, the recent releases are hinting at further exciting possibilities! And I am sure there will be a lot of people totally over the moon with Thunderwing and the various other oddities released lately!

Jazz does look really good - trouble is, I never really liked G1 Jazz in the first place...

Windcharger is looking better all the time!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Waittaminnuit!

So, in the span of about a year and a half or so we've got Bludgeon, and we might have Thunderwing and Skullgrin as well? MADNESS!

Then we've got Banzai-tron and Sparkcrusher (a pretty clear homage to Gutcruncher). What's next? What other obscure characters are they going to be pulling out next?

I want my Octopunch!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Jazz, Thunderwing and Scourge are all really, really tempting. Tracks, Prime and Windcharger, I think I want to see in person first. Skullgrin just looks silly -- it's amazing how much difference a coat of paint and a different head can make.
secretcode wrote:It's a close-enough Corvette, just like how the Lambos were close-enough Lambos.
^ This. Hasbro can't actually make Tracks a Corvette without paying Chevy licencing fees, which I doubt they're going to do for a Deluxe-class toy that doesn't have a major motion picture pushing it.
Thunderwave wrote:So, in the span of about a year and a half or so we've got Bludgeon, and we might have Thunderwing and Skullgrin as well? MADNESS!

Then we've got Banzai-tron and Sparkcrusher (a pretty clear homage to Gutcruncher). What's next? What other obscure characters are they going to be pulling out next?
It's actually been going on for a lot longer than that. The tail-end of the first Movie line gave us new versions of Crankcase, Getaway and Big Daddy. Universe saw new toys of Darkwing, Skyjack, Hardhead, Countdown and Storm Cloud. About the only thing that's changing now is that some of the obscure characters are getting their own molds instead of being done strictly as redecos.

But some of these newest toys give me lots of hope for even more obscure future redecos -- Jazz and Thunderwing mean that we'll see Ricochet and Black Shadow eventually, even if it's just as fanclub exclusives. Windcharger might lead to a new Tailgate or Rook, and I'd be shocked if Laser Rod Prime didn't become RiD Scourge.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Now, that's how HasBro should've done WFC Megsy, IMO
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Gotta get Scourge, if only to complete the Unicron Minion trilogy. The Dinobots and Constructicons PCC 5 Pack are also must have, although they should change the name of the Constructicons commander as calling the bulldozer guy Steamhammer simply does not make sense. May get Tracks, Lugnut, Perceptor and Thunderwing, just depends on how they look in person. And I will get WFC Megatron (although I can't view his alt. mode) as well as Wreckgar.
Destruction is my specialty
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Nothing new here regarding the toys themselves, but the Transformers Club store has some shots of the new toys in new packaging: Reveal the Shield

http://www.transformersclub.com/shop/in ... uctid=2269
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Sounds to me like it's talking about the rub sign with the "Reveal the shield" thing.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Or it's another stealthier attempt to push those Marvel crossovers, and their previously seen headsculpts are replaced with the faces of Nick Fury, Dum Dum Duggan, that Contessa who ran things whenever Fury was pretending to be dead, etc, etc and so on.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:Or it's another stealthier attempt to push those Marvel crossovers, and their previously seen headsculpts are replaced with the faces of Nick Fury, Dum Dum Duggan, that Contessa who ran things whenever Fury was pretending to be dead, etc, etc and so on.
Samuel L. Jackson Nick Fury or David Hasselfoff Nick Fury?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Of the two I can see the Hoff being more likely to "Reveal" himself.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Coming December 2010 for those who wanted the Universe Challenge at Cybertron pack but didnt want the Galvatron figure. There is now a new 2 pack called Battle In Space with just Rodimus and Cyclonus. This 2 pack also comes with a comic and also a Matrix of leadership. Priced at £23.95.
Also notice the Reveal the shield tagline. Looks to me like the usual Autobot/Decepticon symbols have been replaced with rub signs.

(Image taken from Kapow Toys pre order)

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Simon Furman will be writing the comic. Boo will draw. Hot Rod vs Cyclonus, set prior to Hot Rod's transformation to Rodimus Prime in the original TFTM.

Simon blogs about it.

So we know what Furman is doing now...
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Wow, he's moving up in the world.
Just out of curiosity, was Cyclonus releasedindividually, not in any sort of Battli in **** multipack? I already have Roddy and Galvs . . .
I like bears.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Summerhayes wrote:Wow, he's moving up in the world.
Just out of curiosity, was Cyclonus releasedindividually, not in any sort of Battli in **** multipack? I already have Roddy and Galvs . . .
Cyclonus was a regular deluxe figure in last year's Universe line. The deco on him is a little different in this release, though. Slightly more "anime-accurate".
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Also not been mentioned is G1 Legends Prowl.
Kapow Toys now have a Legends 6 pack up for pre order for £44.99 consisting of Trailbreaker, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Prowl, Goldbug and Megatron.
All six legends figures look like they also have the Reveal the shield gimmick.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Forty-five quid for six Legends figures? Jesus Christ.