So, what would Ransack be made of?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

So, what would Ransack be made of?

Post by Cliffjumper »

If Ransack was a character in the films rather than just a toy, how would he work? He's based on an Albatros WW1 biplane (what sort isn't particularly important, what with none of them having hardpoints under the wings; they generally also had some sort of gap in front of the cockpit so the pilot could, y'know, see), which would normally be made out of canvas and wood, apart from bits like the engine, fuel system and a little armour plating.

Now, is Ransack somehow made of this, despite wood most likely not existing on Cybertron, and it making him as brittle as hell (a human could kick through his wings, and he'd be highly flammable). Or is it within the realm of Cybertronians to successfully similate the look and even feel of this material with metal? When you think about it, Bumblebee has comfortable enough seats...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Yeah, "simulated" material probably makes most sense (hell Bumblebee can even do the furry dice). They might use something akin to Star Trek replicators as well.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Fail.

He would be made of Fail.

[/I win this thread]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Are you Skidmark in disguise?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Are you SHUTTHE****UP in disguise?

HA!
fantomdranzerx
Protoform

Post by fantomdranzerx »

I think it would be simulated wood. Cybertronians can already duplicate tire rubber and window glass after receiving earth forms, so wood might be possible. With their level of technology, it's doesn't seem like that much of a stretch.
"Adult Robots may not act like children."---Excerpt from the Robot Law (Astro Boy)
DeviantArt
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

And, y'know, human flesh.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Not that it matters, since it's clear that Transformers can simulate foreign materials when taking on new forms...but can we actually say there aren't any trees on the movie version of Cybertron? We only caught a small glimpse of it, and it actually looked somewhat organic on the surface.
fantomdranzerx
Protoform

Post by fantomdranzerx »

Vin Ghostal wrote:Not that it matters, since it's clear that Transformers can simulate foreign materials when taking on new forms...but can we actually say there aren't any trees on the movie version of Cybertron? We only caught a small glimpse of it, and it actually looked somewhat organic on the surface.
Well, there are those towers in the first film that people refer to as trees...but those seem to be metallic. Still, compared to other Cybertrons, the movie one seems to have sand and dirt, as well as mountains. Not to mention the molten lava/Energon (?) flowing in the rivers.
"Adult Robots may not act like children."---Excerpt from the Robot Law (Astro Boy)
DeviantArt
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

I wonder... if he is made of "Simulated/Synthetic" wood and cloth, would he still burn like the real materials?

I suppose not though since Transformers appear in most canon to be quite resistant to fire no matter what their mode is ment to simulate.

Would Botannica be flammable? that would be quite a Acheles heel.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Catalyst Dragon wrote:I wonder... if he is made of "Simulated/Synthetic" wood and cloth, would he still burn like the real materials?
This is more what I was pondering... in the extreme case of Ransack, to simulate canvas the material would have to be spread pretty thinly. Now, not everything thin isn't weak, so it being a micro-thin layer of whatever metal/s Transformers are made from might stop him from being stupidly flammable, or prevent a human putting their foot straight through his leg without even trying that hard, but a pretty small Transformer whose hand is made out of the same substance, balled up instead of spread out? If Ransack was to get in a fight with someone relatively harmless like Jolt or Skids, surely he'd get literally torn apart?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Hasbro in Not Thinking Something Through shock.

:o
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Cliffjumper wrote: If Ransack was to get in a fight with someone relatively harmless like Jolt or Skids, surely he'd get literally torn apart?
Well he did give them a bit of trouble in the UK magazine comic until Bumblebee showed up.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, but that comic was utter, utter shit (revolving entirely around "Skids and Mudlfap know something but no-one will listen OH NOES!!!!") and can be dismissed easily.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Cliffjumper wrote:Yeh, but that comic was utter, utter shit (revolving entirely around "Skids and Mudlfap know something but no-one will listen OH NOES!!!!") and can be dismissed easily.
The extra 3 or so quid a month I have from not buying it anymore means that sometimes I can afford to go out.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

So... do they have rubber tyres, do you reckon? They seem to leave skid marks (behave!), cf. Prime & Jazz' synchronised spin-turns in the first film. Are they leaving bits of themselves on the road?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

You have far too many thoughts.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

It's astro-rubber.

You leave bits of yourself everywhere you go so Prime and Jazz leaving tire prints behind isn't that much of a problem for them I would think.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Cliffjumper wrote:So... do they have rubber tyres, do you reckon? They seem to leave skid marks (behave!), cf. Prime & Jazz' synchronised spin-turns in the first film. Are they leaving bits of themselves on the road?
Because I care.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

22. Relaxing.

"Not doing anything" actually counts as a hobby now, does it? No wonder all* Americans are obese.

* Yes, that's right. All. Every. Single. One.