25 Greatest Moments Feedback.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Blackjack wrote: I mean, Animated is not without seasoned warriors. There's Ultra Magnus, Jazz, those guys with Rodimus and the Decepticons themselves. The Movie/Beast Wars guys aren't all seasoned warriors too... Skids and Mudflap certainly aren't, and all the Beast Wars guys aren't even soldiers. They are explorers forced into that role, similar to the Animated Autobots (clean-up crew forced into soldiers/heroes). :)
Exactly, There are plenty of seasoned warriors who have seen their share of action, they just happen to be predominately Decepticon. Much like Beast Wars, the Autobots are forced into a situation they are not prepared or trained for. But even still, Optimus did have Elite Guard training and some experience, and Ratchet had seen battles in the Great War as well.

I don't really see them being "heros" as a downfall at all to be honest. It is actually a throwback to G1 where every Autobot had his own unique ability and/or weapon. It really is no different at all. I think the thing that stumped most people were the human villains, but to me that was pretty well worked into the series as well honestly.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Exactly, There are plenty of seasoned warriors who have seen their share of action, they just happen to be predominately Decepticon. Much like Beast Wars, the Autobots are forced into a situation they are not prepared or trained for. But even still, Optimus did have Elite Guard training and some experience, and Ratchet had seen battles in the Great War as well.
Exactly what I mean. It's the same thing with Beast Wars. Primal seems to have some training, while Rhinox and to some extent Rattrap have seen their share of battles. But like Animated, they're all either retired or transferred to an exploration team.
I don't really see them being "heros" as a downfall at all to be honest. It is actually a throwback to G1 where every Autobot had his own unique ability and/or weapon.
No, I don't think it's the superpowers that Starfield was talking about. It's the fact that Prime keeps referring to himself as heroes, and the humans regard them like superheroes or something. Don't think it got mentioned past Season One, though.
It really is no different at all. I think the thing that stumped most people were the human villains, but to me that was pretty well worked into the series as well honestly.
The human villains were suprisingly not annoying, which was a good treat to me. While most of them were ultimately pointless (all the episodes which starred the villains had transformers as the center star. 'Nanosec' starred Bumblebee, for example, while 'SUV' starred Swindle.) and redundant to the plot, they were good fun and weren't as irritating as past human characters. Bottom line, they were funny, and it wasn't a pain watching them.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Blackjack wrote: The human villains were suprisingly not annoying, which was a good treat to me. While most of them were ultimately pointless (all the episodes which starred the villains had transformers as the center star. 'Nanosec' starred Bumblebee, for example, while 'SUV' starred Swindle.) and redundant to the plot, they were good fun and weren't as irritating as past human characters. Bottom line, they were funny, and it wasn't a pain watching them.
Yeah, they didn't get in the way, they really helped with the comedy relief in my opinion. However at least one human villain really stood out for me, and did go on to be a major player in several of the ongoing story arcs, and that was Prometheus Black. I think his character was really very solid, and showcased just how dangerous a human could be to the Autobots.

I can't really recall any of the others going on to make much difference in the overall story of the series, except maybe the Headmaster, just because of his involvement with Powell, which of course went on to have heavy reverberations in the last piece of the story.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I refuse to believe that there isn't at least one episode of Animated that's a bit shit. Beast Wars had bad episodes. Hell, even BSG managed one absolute stinker and that was the show of the decade.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

:lol:

Yeah sure, there were a few "filler" episodes that were a bit shit. But I still maintain that overall, it was the best series since Beast Wars, hands down. As far as entertainment and actual script/acting goes, I'd say it averaged out the few episodes that were not so great. But like you said, there isn't anything out there that doesn't have a few bad episodes really, but as an overall series they still stand out as some of the best.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

True. Animated don't have bad episodes; Animated has filler episodes. Stuff like 'Nanosec', the human bad guys and that Space Barnacles episode. But Animated does these filler episodes with charming dialogue, with little tidbits that would be followed up in the main plot, or introducing new characters you can't be angry with (Blurr, Wreck-Gar)

I like Meltdown. He's what Optimus Primal would've been in Beast Machines if he had been a little more fanatical with his organic mumbo-jumbo. His little Pretender pets were cute as well...

Headmaster wasn't so bad, and he talks in Internet lingo! And that Archer guy talks in old English! They're charming and don't get in the way. More to the point, they're unique, bumbling and funny, giving a target for Autobot violence without making the Decepticons look weak. Instead of Starscream stealing the plot device, why not have a human do it? They'll get defeated anyway.

The best thing about Animated is that the main human character isn't shit. I mean, ever since, oh, I dunno, Buster, Spike and those GI Joe guys from the marvel comics, every single human character in transformers have been either annoying or banal. Even Spike from the original cartoon is boring after a while. IDW comics, the movie and Animated fixed that with more engaging human protagonists.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Blackjack wrote:E It's the fact that Prime keeps referring to himself as heroes, and the humans regard them like superheroes or something. Don't think it got mentioned past Season One, though.
Wasn't the original working title "Transformers: Heroes", but then they changed it because of the Robot- Galactic- Whatever- Heroes figurine line? In which case, working "Hero" into every episode hearkens back to Beast Wars a smidge.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Notabot wrote:Wasn't the original working title "Transformers: Heroes", but then they changed it because of the Robot- Galactic- Whatever- Heroes figurine line? In which case, working "Hero" into every episode hearkens back to Beast Wars a smidge.
Yeah, the original title was supposed to be Transformers: Heroes IIRC.
Chris McFeely
Protoform

Post by Chris McFeely »

Blackjack wrote:True. Animated don't have bad episodes; Animated has filler episodes.
And even then, I don't think there's a single episode that you can actually drop from the series without leaving some kind of plot gap, large or small.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I think the one with Dirt Boss might be the most insignificant, but I'm guessing it wouldn't have been had the show run another season or two. I don't think anything was officially announced, but I'd almost put money down that they were leading toward combining constructicons. Dirt Boss is just a big head, two of them wind up kind of stuck together, and they disappear in an explosion. It would have been cool to see them come back fused together in a new take on Devastator.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

You guys could always do a list called "25 Reasons Animated Will Totally Live Up To The Hype The Fanboys Have Built Around It" :p
Chris McFeely
Protoform

Post by Chris McFeely »

Notabot wrote:I think the one with Dirt Boss might be the most insignificant, but I'm guessing it wouldn't have been had the show run another season or two.
Either that, or "Sari, No-One's Home". But still, things happen in both those episodes that set up the events of future eps, so you can't just lose 'em!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Cliffjumper wrote:You guys could always do a list called "25 Reasons Animated Will Totally Live Up To The Hype The Fanboys Have Built Around It" :p
If I did, I'd finish it. :p
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

inflatable dalek wrote:I refuse to believe that there isn't at least one episode of Animated that's a bit shit. Beast Wars had bad episodes. Hell, even BSG managed one absolute stinker and that was the show of the decade.
Total Meltdown.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Damn it, the bit in the first 3-D issue with Searchlight should have been number one. He's the only Autobot who can see in the dark, and is so awesome he's constantly having to go on super secret secret missions no one else can handle. Because he's awesome.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
xtc
Protoform

Post by xtc »

Aside from 3 Movie moments, all G1-centric (including the light spattering of BW).

Apparently nothing worthwhile in any other universe.
xtc
Protoform

Post by xtc »

Halfshell wrote:Sadly there wasn't not a single thing in there that made me think "that's awesome."
I will happily put Megatron's resurrection (Megatron Rising, Part 1) and Optimus Prime's final battle with Megatron ("My name is Optimus Prime!", from Endgame, Part 2) up against "Trailbreaker hits Grimlock with a pole" or "Trypticon speaks in multiple syllables."
Sades

Post by Sades »

It's usually considered polite to say something along the lines of "Thank you for taking time away from doing something constructive/fun to research and compile a list for people to read on the internet" before you start throwing the criticisms in. I would suggest this as a starting point for the next time.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
xtc
Protoform

Post by xtc »

So, you want everyone's post to start with that?

I prefer brevity and getting to the point.

It's not like I was ragging on them. You made your points, I made mine.
Sades

Post by Sades »

xtc wrote:So, you want everyone's post to start with that?

I prefer brevity and getting to the point.

It's not like I was ragging on them. You made your points, I made mine.
Just a friendly suggestion. I've noticed your last post in the news forum; coming into things with a defensive, aggressive attitude probably won't win you many friends.

Please do note that if I determine that you might become a problem I will not hesitate to remove you.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!