Transformers: War for Cybertron game

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Jumping in quite late here,having been playing the demo.
Catalyst Dragon wrote:Got to play the demo last night, was quite enjoyable, despite all the locked stuff and only being one map.

It's like CoD or unreal tourny except you are your vehical.

The null rays a slight dissapointment, I saw it and was hoping for a stun weapon...
I felt it was kind of the love child of GoW(Lacking chainsaws of course) and Halo:Reach from the beta.And it is kinda a nice to not have to look for a vehicle.I wasn't so much dissapointed with the null ray,it's just gonna take a lot of skill and speed to use on the multiplayer battlefields.But thier shotguns are quite nasty :devil:.Though for stun weapons,you have to admit the scouts decoy trap can be a bitch.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Forget null rays. I wonder how they will work Skywarp's teleportation into the game...
TMM

Post by TMM »

Blackjack wrote:Forget null rays. I wonder how they will work Skywarp's teleportation into the game...
i can't imagine they will, and if they do it'll be like a dash forward (kinda lika deadpool in the marvel ultimate alliance games) instead of dash as a scout it'll be a teleport in that direction type of move!
First we crack the shell... Then we crack the nuts inside!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

TMM wrote:i can't imagine they will, and if they do it'll be like a dash forward (kinda lika deadpool in the marvel ultimate alliance games) instead of dash as a scout it'll be a teleport in that direction type of move!
I hope they'll go the Deadpool way. It would feel much more fluid compared to, say, going invisible then running real fast.
TMM

Post by TMM »

Blackjack wrote:I hope they'll go the Deadpool way. It would feel much more fluid compared to, say, going invisible then running real fast.
well, we'll see, it'd be fair enough if they didn't include it at all in all honesty!

what i want to see if what references there will be to other transformers that aren't present, and what sort of build up to any sequels there will be - i wonder if they leave cybertron at the end? maybe in the arc!
First we crack the shell... Then we crack the nuts inside!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Seeing as they couldn't be bothered to do a PS3 demo, I'll have to wait until Tuesday. The not so local TRU had a demo for the DS version of the game up, though. Looks on par with the Movie DS games.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Well I got the Wii port today and I'm not very impressed thus far. I'm not sure if the other ports are the same gameplay or not, but this game more or less is like an "on rails shooter", with very little gameplay. The two player mode is absolute garbage as well, it mostly amounts to one player controlling the aiming of the gun, while player two fires the gun.... LAME! If I had actually paid money for this I'd be really pissed off.

EDIT: The game isn't terrible or anything, but it is not at all what I expected. But at least my kids love it. I just wished they would have did an actual port of the game from the other consoles, because it seems that this is an entirely different game all together.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The Wii one is a dumbed-down version of the PC/XBOX/PS3 games, with most of the functionality stripped off.

I know, it sucks.
Sades

Post by Sades »

But you get an extra level!

Eh? Eh?
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Bucquoy

Post by Bucquoy »

Hnnn. :(

Owning neither PS3 nor XBox nor state-of-the-art PC, I ordered the Wii version. And having read the above posts, I wonder wether I'll regret this...
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Yes, you most likely will.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

As stated: 3rd party Wii games are bad.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Blackjack wrote:The Wii one is a dumbed-down version of the PC/XBOX/PS3 games, with most of the functionality stripped off.

I know, it sucks.
Oh FFS! I'm a tad peeved at living in the Wiilderness atm. I'll waitfor the reviews but my hope and enthusiasm for this game is now through the floor.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
glazios

Post by glazios »

electro girl wrote:Oh FFS! I'm a tad peeved at living in the Wiilderness atm. I'll waitfor the reviews but my hope and enthusiasm for this game is now through the floor.
Ditto on the enthusiasm front. A friend of mine has been bugging the crap out of me to recommend the Wii version to his brother, who isn't all that keen to get it on any platform. Oh well, guess I'll have to recommend the X360 version instead... *sigh* and my dear old chum was having such a nice day... :devil:

It does make me wonder why the game developer working on the Wii version doesn't just port the damn thing straight-up, though, instead of trying and failing dismally to put their own spin on a perfectly-awesome game. All that money, wasted on something y'just know the kids are going to hate... Some people, eh? :wall:
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Blaster wrote:As stated: 3rd party Wii games are bad.
Not always, but when it comes to 3rd party ports..yes I'll have to agree.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Sades wrote:But you get an extra level!

Eh? Eh?
Functionality vs extra level...

Screw it, I'll get both versions.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

glazios wrote: It does make me wonder why the game developer working on the Wii version doesn't just port the damn thing straight-up, though, instead of trying and failing dismally to put their own spin on a perfectly-awesome game. All that money, wasted on something y'just know the kids are going to hate... Some people, eh? :wall:
Have you played the previous 3rd Person shooters for the Wii? They are horrible. I'd hate to try and play even the demo version I've got of WFC on the Wii. Until they realize that not EVERY GAME has to use the flippin' Wiimote for all the action, this kind of game is all you'll see.

If Nintendo had, say, a normal style controler with enough buttons on it to keep up with modern games and was wireless, then you might get decent ports. But since every game maker for the Wii seems dead set on using a "point to shoot" interface...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I got a text from Gamestop. My copy is in.

Of course, to get it right now, I'd have to break into the local mall.

They're teasing me terribly.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Heinrad wrote:I got a text from Gamestop. My copy is in.

Of course, to get it right now, I'd have to break into the local mall.

They're teasing me terribly.
I got a PHONE CALL at around 2pm yesterday telling me it would be ready for pick up today. >:-|

Needless to say I'll be at the store when it opens and be playing it about 20 minutes later. Due to luck my wife is not working tomorrow morning so I can take the car, and I've got the day off.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Thunderwave wrote:If Nintendo had, say, a normal style controler with enough buttons on it to keep up with modern games and was wireless, then you might get decent ports. But since every game maker for the Wii seems dead set on using a "point to shoot" interface...
The 'point to shoot' interface doesn't bother me much. If anything, it actually makes it easier for me to play it.

It's the fact that they had to do the motion movement thing for every single game that galls me. And the fact that they keep making crappy spin-offs of perfectly good games.