Transformers: Continuum 6-Page Preview

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Nice cover IMO. If only It was someone like, say, Grimlock or Nemesis Prime instead of Spike...

The review doesn't instill much confidence in the actual contents, though.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

They mixed up Nebulos with Cybertron, they mixed up Skywatch with the Machination...they presented Skywarp as a noble...

I think AHM 14 part 2 had better continuity. Yes, it's the one where Scourge is among the DU folks that got beaten up, who's ready to be recycled by Cyclonus, who can survive the longest out in the DU...no wait that was Galvatron? Oh no he's the darkness now...

*facepalm*
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Knightdramon wrote:I think AHM 14 part 2 had better continuity.
Which, lest we forget, was written by the new editor.

What the **** is the point of paying attention to the established backstory if you can't be arsed to actually read it?

Just when I thought IDW were running out of glaring ****-ups to make, they go and balls-up a bloody recap issue which should be as straight-forward as getting somebody to read the previous stuff and jot down what happens.

Then again that approach also led to Andy "I read the issue, but read it wrong - sorry" Schmidt's aforementioned Dead Universe story.

Christ on a bike.

They seem determined to justify my decision to never give them any more money.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

When the fans spot half a dozen glaring errors in the first 6 pages you know you're in for a great issue.

We need a thread detailing all the errors in IDW comics. That would make for an entertaining read.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

So ahead of you all on IDW being clueless muppets. I mean, Jesus, some of you took almost as long as Walky...

Next licencee, just listen to me from the start this time...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Neuronutter wrote:We need a thread detailing all the errors in IDW comics. That would make for an entertaining read.
Once upon a time, I'd have been on that in a heartbeat, but the past year's output isn't even worth the time spent saying how crap it is. Let alone the time spent trawling it for errors.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Cliffjumper wrote:So ahead of you all on IDW being clueless muppets. I mean, Jesus, some of you took almost as long as Walky...

Next licencee, just listen to me from the start this time...
The Transformers as told by Cliffy?
Halfshell wrote:Once upon a time, I'd have been on that in a heartbeat, but the past year's output isn't even worth the time spent saying how crap it is. Let alone the time spent trawling it for errors.
Actually, I think there is a thread on that over on IDWforum, IIRC. Seem to recall listing the errors in Escalation and the Spotlights a while back. Think I gave up after that due to the sheer number of them. Either that or the issues improved. Can't remember which.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Forget that its a TF comic this is just plain bad management here. How in the hell did they mix up thunderwing on Nebuloes with Thunderwing on Cybertron? Its like the writer (barely) skimmed reading the issues that have come out.

While IDW has made its TF stories a bit of a convulted mess they are not that complicated. It would take someone maybe an extra 10 minutes to piece most of the major events in the right order if presented with every issue. This joker got PAID (PAID!!!) to make some huge errors. As stated, if the first 6 pages are this bad, whats to follow?

IDW has one chance really left. If the ongoing is great from the start I can overlook the re-drawing of events (altough I feel that I should now view that big collection as non-cannon) But unless that happens, I'm dropping it... and I would see myself as one of the easiest to please among the members of this forum. I enjoyed some of AHM. If Iąm willing to stop, IDW should reallz just stop.

Last point. I feel bad for nick roche and most of the artists. Their work has been bz and large excellent. Its sad that even a simple following of events cant be achieved to grace their work.

Also apologises for any mistakes, I'm typing this comment on an old keyboard set to the polish launguage.

Whats IDWs excuse?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Red Dave Prime wrote:Whats IDWs excuse?
They're not Pat Lee?
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

I imagine IDW still has the original scripts for Megatron: Origin. It would have been cool and useful if they used the information to clear things up that were simply unclear and indecipherable. But no.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

And the real stupifying thing is, how much of this stuff is goign to be even slightly relevant to the ongoing? I bet they needn't have mentioned Origin or Stormbringer at all.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

inflatable dalek wrote:And the real stupifying thing is, how much of this stuff is goign to be even slightly relevant to the ongoing? I bet they needn't have mentioned Origin or Stormbringer at all.
No dude, the ongoing's totally going to tie up all the loose ends of Ore-13, the guy who looked like Cy-Kill, what happened to Crankcase, why Cyclonus and Galvatron were all confused last time, those random purple buildings from All Hail Megatron, the deal with Tankor, why Megatron retreated for no reason, why Omega Supreme forgot he could fly, why Spike's a cock, whether Sentinel Prime survived, why Optimus Prime wiped everybody's memory when he came to power, how Andrew and Jonathan have seen every episode of Doctor Who, what happened to Shelley Godfrey (but nothing with Boomer2 and Helo on Caprica), why we were given five issues of build but no resolution with the search for Ironhide, why Devastation didn't contain any devastation, what Hot Rod did with the Magnificence and why Gunn's sister calls him Gunn.

IT'LL BE AWESOME.

BUY THE ONGOING.

Did I mention it's drawn by Fan Favourite and Returning After Leaving Forever Artist Don Figueroa? And is completely standalone and accessible to new readers, despite answering all your continuity problems?

They kill Ironhide, it's so hardcore.

BUY THE ONGOING.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

So, no point getting that either.

Still going to get Wreckers despite their best efforts to alienate me. :o
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Dear IDW.

I want to like your Transformers books.

I really, really want to.

I enjoyed the Furman stuff.

AHM was like a kick in the groin for me.

But I still want to find reasons to like your Transformers books.

So why do you have to keep finding new ways to kick me in the nuts as much as possible?
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Post by Commander Shockwav »

Nevermore wrote:... so events directly experiences by a bunch of dudes who are still running around alive and non-senile are the stuff of legends now? Huh.

EDIT: Holy s***, first review is up.
http://tformers.com/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=1100
Wow. The whole Machination/Skywatch thing.

Just wow.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Halfshell wrote: IT'LL BE AWESOME.

BUY THE ONGOING.

BUY THE ONGOING.
Still more convincing than the companies own PR efforts...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!