So, do we think Arcee's dead?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

Yea, the Jazz thing was from the toy bios, but Bonecrusher was in Revenge of the Fallen alive and well.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:Eh? Was that in something proper?
No. At least it wasn't until it is.

I full well expect Jetfire to be put back together for the third one since he'll be the only one to know what the plot is again.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Cliffjumper wrote:Yeh, their ineffective role would hint he wasn't that keen - Sideswipe and Jolt might not have done much, but what they did do was competent. Arcee's scenes involve her, firstly, having absolutely no effect on Sideways, and in her second main scene, she's two-thirds blown to bits.

Is it me, or apart from a couple of shots does she totally disappear from the film inbetween? She's not anywhere on the whole jaunt to America, even the motorway convoy. At least Jolt couldn't be totally removed from the film without having to rewrite it...
It's not you, she does dissappeear, and is rather hard to notice when she appears. From what I remember from the girlbikes, I can mostly remember the blueone telling Sam and his girlfriend to take cover or hurry up, or something like that, whatever, before getting blown away/apart. I thought she was very dead after that, and lost sight of the other two...

Maybe it's good that the DVD comes out soon, so we can all happily watch it again to check out the full details...
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

[Quote=Cliffjumper]Ahhh, thought it might be some toss like that. So, I'm guessing Jazz comes back to life and, what, just doesn't bother turning up for the events of RotF, then? [/quote]

Nah, Jazz was offended by Bay killing him, and took a job in Transformers Animated.

IDW's more reliable Alliance comics show that Prime and co. had a funeral for Jazz...by placing his remains inside a trailer and dunking him into the ocean.

[Quote=Rattrap's Tail] It's not you, she does dissappeear, and is rather hard to notice when she appears. From what I remember from the girlbikes, I can mostly remember the blueone telling Sam and his girlfriend to take cover or hurry up, or something like that, whatever, before getting blown away/apart. I thought she was very dead after that, and lost sight of the other two...

Maybe it's good that the DVD comes out soon, so we can all happily watch it again to check out the full details...[/quote]

The one who talks to Sam is the purple one (Flareup in the toyline) actually. If I'm not mistaken Clonecrusher blew up the red and purple ones, but the blue one wasn't shown destroyed.

I think they were shown when NEST air-drops into Cairo?
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

Jazz and Barricade? They are of no importance.
starlord
Protoform

Post by starlord »

I don't recall seeing them in the movie after the beginning. I would resume they didn't want girls to get hurt. Maybe they should have thought about two black sterotypes. I first thought they were girls since they sounded like a girls.
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Having rewatched the movie, I can say that while the Chromia and other one were blown up, it would appear that the Arcee bike did not appear to have suffered any disconnection issues after the first two were shot, so it is quite possible that she survived the end of the movie.
Destruction is my specialty
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Its probably worth everyone remembering that just because a character isn't seen dying, it doesn't mean the general public aren't meant to assume they died (see Barricade)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Aye... it is worth remembering that we're paying extra attention to the Transformers in these films; to 95+% of the audience, Arcee is just a robot on the good guys' side (she has less lines than Graham, IIRC, and the film doesn't bother showing whether he lived or died). It's like in Excalibur, for example - they don't bother showing us the death of each and every named character. Even moreso for someone like Grindor, who's an unnamed extra roped in to provide a dramatic kidnap and then a cheap kill for Prime without wasting anyone important.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Clay wrote:I full well expect Jetfire to be put back together for the third one since he'll be the only one to know what the plot is again.
Here's hoping.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Actually, from what I've experienced, most of the male audience does care about the robots on a par with the humans . . . even my dad's there explaining to my mum "that one's starscream, that one's blackout (when referring to grindor)"
Loganprime84

Post by Loganprime84 »

Jazz and Barricade are currently touring vegas in a 2 bot magic show ala penn and teller.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Let me guess - Jazz is the one who gets sawn in half.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

While Barricade uses the Amazing Magic Disappearing Cabinet to, well, you know...
Wreck and Rule!