So, do we think Arcee's dead?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

So, do we think Arcee's dead?

Post by Cliffjumper »

We saw two of her units getting completely mullered by Clonecrusher, and there was no sign of any of them making it back through NEST lines with Ironhide (who barely made it) before the air strike that was enough to kill bruisers Long Haul and (presumably) Clonecrusher, not to mention Scrapper and a bunch of Protoforms who all seemed tougher than the girlbikes. Is that it for her? Or did she make it home safely off-screen? Or on-screen and I just missed it?
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Barricade (in a dramatic change of heart and turn of allegiance) zooms in to save her just in the nick of time. They then get married, have robo-babies and fight crime together in the Cybertronian underworld.

Maybe.

But I think she's a goner. Sideswipe too, maybe?
Wreck and Rule!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I don't think Hasbro would have given the characters such important names as Arcee Chromia and Elita 1 if they were just going to be bumped of without ceremony. I look forward to the third film featuring a promonant role for the tittybots, perhaps even showing Ironhide's sensitive side through his relationship with Chromia.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Isn't the blue one (Chromia) still alive?
Rack 'n Ruin wrote:But I think she's a goner. Sideswipe too, maybe?
I think he is not. He stays with NEST most of the time.

Well, I think they need to be gone to clear the room for new robots in movie 3.
inflatable dalek

Paul053 wrote:Isn't the blue one (Chromia) still alive?
In CANON she died. The Ultimate Guide backs me up on this.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Sideswipe, IIRC, can be seen getting up after the Fallen decks Prime and nicks the Matrix
inflatable dalek wrote:Elita 1
Wasn't it Flareup in the end?

I can't see them particularly clearing the ground for the third one - more likely Sideswipe and Jolt will have the same sort of role Ratchet did in RotF. The interesting thing will be how much the twins and Wheelie will be in it...
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Cliffjumper wrote:... Jolt will have the same sort of role Ratchet did in RotF.
Blimey, he might even get a line, you mean? His agent must be pulling more strings than Gepeto.
Wreck and Rule!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

inflatable dalek wrote:In CANON she died. The Ultimate Guide backs me up on this.
Canon = balls.
Wreck and Rule!
inflatable dalek

Cliffjumper wrote: Wasn't it Flareup in the end?

I believe it changed back again. Though it might have switched and swatched between the two more since then.

To be serious for a moment: The exact nature of Arcee is left vague enough for them to able to bring back all three in the next one if they're so inclined, just have it that the consciousness of all of them was in the surrviving bike and they just built new bodies for the other two.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, yeh, we're in full-on IDW territory here - any conclusions we come to can be easily turned on their head when the third one rolls along; there were people a couple of years ago who thought much of the second one would revolve around Barricade and a normal-speaking Bumblebee, and that the Allspark was totally destroyed etc., etc.

The problem with working out whether Arcee gets back to the NEST lines is that some of the Autobots do keep disappearing and reappearing, especially Jolt, Ratchet and Bumblebee, who are shown to be among the defensive positions in some shots and then are nowhere to be seen in others...
inflatable dalek

Considering her opening scene is stradling a bike (and the fact she's a bit of one herself) and they're both the token girls I was a bit surprised- and relieved as it's a bit obvious and shite- they didn't go down the road of teaming up Mikaela with one of the Arcee's as a mirror of the Bumblebee/Spike relationship. Perhaps that's the route for the third one to go?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Urgh, let's hope not - I was similarly relieved there was no attempt to pair them up in RotF... In fact, I think Bay played with the expectation a tiny bit with the purple one going up to them to take them to Optimus, only to get blown apart seconds later. Sam and Mikaela arguably get her killed... Sideswipe gets a shot in the face though being distracted, too (though it seems to annoy him more than anything else).
inflatable dalek

That's because he's a proper bloke rather than being a icky girl.

Considering the character never spoke perhaps they could have Jolt turn out to have been a girl all along in the next one? The fanboy meltdown would be interesting.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I think they're dead... I read somewhere (can't remember) that Bay isn't particularly fond of Arcee. If they died, however, it won't be a total loss... it leaves more space for new arrivals in TF3.

and besides, dead transformers have a habit of popping out at the most unexpected of places. (Bonecrusher. Blackout.)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, their ineffective role would hint he wasn't that keen - Sideswipe and Jolt might not have done much, but what they did do was competent. Arcee's scenes involve her, firstly, having absolutely no effect on Sideways, and in her second main scene, she's two-thirds blown to bits.

Is it me, or apart from a couple of shots does she totally disappear from the film inbetween? She's not anywhere on the whole jaunt to America, even the motorway convoy. At least Jolt couldn't be totally removed from the film without having to rewrite it...
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

Transformers are hard to kill off for good. Bonecrusher made it. Jazz was eventually patched up and changed his color scheme. Megatron was dead-dead but apparently an AllSpark shard can bring you back with your same personality and memories.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Starfield wrote:Jazz was eventually patched up and changed his color scheme.
Eh? Was that in something proper?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

It's the toy bios. Those stupid toy bios for repaint toys that doesn't respect canon.

The same toy bios who claim Starscream changed his paintscheme (and head) twice while escaping the Mission City battle. The same toy bios who claim Frenzy, Bonecrusher, Jazz, Brawl and a few others were ressurected with awful paintjobs. The same toy bios who claim Prime, Ironhide, Ratchet, and just about everyone switched paint schemes. The same toy bios who state Chromia and Flareup are separate from Arcee. The same toy bios who claim Hardtop made Bumblebee lose his voice. The same toy bios who claim the Fallen has Infinite endurance when Prime could kill him in a few minutes.

Yeh. They're completely reliable.[/sarcasm]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Ahhh, thought it might be some toss like that. So, I'm guessing Jazz comes back to life and, what, just doesn't bother turning up for the events of RotF, then?
inflatable dalek

He's with Barricade.