Transformers 3 [spoiler] news/rumours

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Paint it yellow and it's the upgraded and more mature Bumblebee so Sam can ride in there like Bruce crashed his Lambo in Dark Knight. Ehh, just kidding, am I?
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Cliffjumper wrote:Are you trolling or are you actually this thick?
I am this thick...

@ NUMBAT: Then Sideswipe would've been called Sunstreaker.

@ Mr. Bay: Please use a lamborghini Reventon for Sunstreaker. Thát would be purely epic.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Preda wrote:Ferraris are red. It's their trademark, kind of.
The only way to get a Ferrari that is Yellow or Black, is to already own a Ferrari that is Red, afaik. I don't like it, but I guess it's going to depend on the character Bay chooses for it.
It's going to be interesting what they do with GM, from a Ferrari point of view... Ferrari traditionally have very specific demands about use of their brand which tend to stress that it's the best and quite elite, and on past performances will just tell Paramount, Bay, Hasbro etc. to **** off if how they want to use the Ferrari brand doesn't gel with that - it's not like they need either the money or the exposure, they're ****ing Ferrari. So whoever the Ferrari is, he's not going to get kerb-stomped like the Audi was, and he's possibly going to make any GM sportscars eat shit.
iamrogue
Protoform

Just out: Looks like Transformers 3 3D plans scrubbed

Post by iamrogue »

Don't know if i agree with Michael Bay's reasoning. He might be losing out on hundreds of millions. http://iamrogue.com/social/posts/michae ... rmers-3-3d
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

No, sounds like he's talking sense to me. If I'm following, the film has/is been/being shot in 2D and then converted to 3D. Which means it probably won't look good at all. If the film wasn't made with 3D in mind, it shouldn't be converted just because Avatar took shitloads, in much the same way a lot of movie studios in the forties should never have been allowed to colourise films shot in black and white.

Hundreds of millions is a big, big exaggeration too. What are you basing that on? The film's not going to flop through not being 3D. It might flop for numerous reasons, such as Joe Public getting bored of the transforming robot concept, the negative reception of Revenge of the Fallen and so on, but I doubt it not being converted to the latest gimmick is going to be a killer in itself. Or do you think takings would be literally doubled by it being in 3D? Again, what are you basing that on?

Nice plug, btw.
Preda

Post by Preda »

Thank God, this 3D shit was getting annoying.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I dunno, I'd be interested to see Transformers in 3D. Just only in a film that's planned and made as 3D from the start. TBH, considering the vague feeling that the likes of LeBeouf, Fox and Bay will likely be moving on to fresh fields after Return of Jolt, it might make a good 'hook' for any 4th installment. But if they were going to do it, it'd have to be planned from the start, not ran through a computer in an attempt to emulate the latest innovation.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

The only film I've seen in 3D lately is Avatar, so I don't know what 3Derised films look like. It might turn out CotT is awesome in 3D. It probably won't.
TURBO CHARGER

Post by TURBO CHARGER »

Paul053 wrote:The first non-GM autobot.

https://michaelbay.com/newsblog/files/7 ... 8-598.html
Optimus Prime is not a GM product.

ATTENTION: THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR FRIEND, TURBO CHARGER
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The girlbikes weren't GM either, were they? Suzuki and Ducati, something like that... Plus Wheelie and Jetfire, if they count... And maybe the ice cream truck? Ford or something, wasn't it?
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

I'd kind of like to see one of Bay's trademark low angle 360 degree pan shots he's so fond of in 3D, ala Bad Boys and TF etc. It would be funky to see the hyper complex transformations of the movies popping and locking in 3D, for instance Ironhide's Shanghai transformation in 'Rotf'.

I think Bay could actually do some fun stuff with it, but if I'm honest, while I enjoyed the whole 'Avatar' experience, it was a little underwhwelming as an experience, not quite the game changer it was made out to be.

An add on is perfectly acceptable, I like that Bay is able to resist the temptation to bandwagon jump and make a film with 3D solely in mind as every studio goes crazy to tap the 'Avatar' 3D money artery, if he did that I doubt he could resist the temptation to activate his 'fun button' and come up with some gimmicky shite that would detract from the movie when viewed in traditional 2D.

I imagine most 'Zomg 11/10 stars!!!' type reviewers of 'Avatar' will drop their scores somewhat when it's viewed on a traditional smaller 2D.

I'm not even going to imagine Megan Fox in slow mo AND 3D, I'm getting too old for that kind of shit.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

3D technology isn't truly three-dimensional yet. I applaud Bay's decision to resist the cash-in temptation. Good for him. The first two movies were awesome enough visually without the 3D gimmick.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Rattrap's tail wrote:@ NUMBAT: Then Sideswipe would've been called Sunstreaker.
Darned straight.

;)

I always preferred Sunstreaker, and I like yellow Corvettes. Would have been a dream combo.

As to 3D, I'm not the biggest fan. Sure, it's overwhelming, and you have action everywhere, but I find it difficult to focus on the film itself. Particularly in shots where something in the foreground is out of focus, but moving. Perhaps it's due to my profession (ecological surveying), but my brain seems to kick in to standard operating mode, and my eyes snap to the small pieces of motion, then my brain tries to focus, and gets confused... I find it easier to appreciate designs and shots in 2D. Probably just me, though.
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

One other name that has been meantion for all of the transformers movies that has not yet appeared is Wheeljack. Being a sports car in most forms he might look good in red. Just saying...
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

ComingSoon.net interview with Lorenzo di Bonaventura:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=65299

Not much spoiler-y, except this:
SPOILER! (select to read)
John Malkovich is in it.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

So Bumblebee's "maturity upgrade" is
SPOILER! (select to read)
new rims?
http://celebrity-gossip.net/megan-fox/m ... s-3-357632
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

hahaha

Bay has now really proven to FAIL
Preda

Post by Preda »

How is that a spoiler? I can't imagine a way this could be relevant to the plot, and who came up with that maturity upgrade anyways?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, not really seeing how the Hell that's even news in the first place.
Rattrap's tail wrote:hahaha

Bay has now really proven to FAIL
Stones and glass houses, pal. Seriously, come back when you can actually say something, anything that isn't monumentally crass and dumb.
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

I was at least hoping for a rear spoiler to be the spoiler gag, but that's just me.

Although I would have throught ripping the spine from another sentient creature would have made Bee sa mature as it gets, unless he giggled off camera and used it as an impromtu, albeit somewhat slimey, feather boa.