[FICTION] Prime vs. Bonecrusher (one-shot photocomic)

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Pun-3X

Prime vs. Bonecrusher (one-shot photocomic)

Post by Pun-3X »

I'd just realized I hadn't posted this here. It's been around on other boards, but here it is for TFArchive....

...with a twist. :)
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Whaha! Great. Those Transfomations are very impressive tolook at...
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

That was excellent, I never knew the Bonecrusher toy was so authentic to the movie either. Lovely understated photoshopping too.

The transformation shots really brought back the sequence in the movie(you can hear all the clicking, whirring and gear meshing).

Has a lovely 'Small Soldiers' feel to it too.

These toys really do capture the movie spirit. I'd always kinda discounted them previously. That's learned me!

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Clay

Post by Clay »

This is indeed terrific.

Man, Bonecrusher needs a bigger toy...
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Yes. At the very least, a Voyager. It's funny, because I ended up buying this guy because of how he looked in the movie. And while he doesn't look...er...THAT bad (I've mentioned the arms elsewhere) scale can certainly make for great improvements.

Most of this was inspired by the sheer awesomeness that is ROTF Leader Prime. (Almost done painting him up). That, and the scale issue/face joke was too good to pass up. :D
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Ooh! This is awesome! -goes off to dig Bonecrusher out of the box o' toys-
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Pun-3X wrote:Yes. At the very least, a Voyager. It's funny, because I ended up buying this guy because of how he looked in the movie. And while he doesn't look...er...THAT bad (I've mentioned the arms elsewhere) scale can certainly make for great improvements.[/quote[

It's a real shame, isn't it? I was kinda hoping his appearance in RotF would somehow lead to one coming out, but no, we get the bloody plane Prime jumps out of at the start, don't we? Bloody geniuses this lot.
Most of this was inspired by the sheer awesomeness that is ROTF Leader Prime. (Almost done painting him up). That, and the scale issue/face joke was too good to pass up. :D
I must say this is really well done - the best bit is that you don't notice the size discrepancy until you're meant to.
Auntie Slag wrote: These toys really do capture the movie spirit. I'd always kinda discounted them previously. That's learned me!
I'm really enjoying them largely for this. With the odd exception (Bonecrusher, obviously!) you can have a passable stab at most of the films' big action scenes, which is a nice change from older stuff. The fact quibbling about accuracy tends to be limited to paint apps and the odd panel rather than the body only vaguely being the same shape helps, as does the live action nature - it's just that bit easier to accept.

But then I'm currently watching RotF for around the 30th time while waving Sideswipe around, so I'm possibly a little biased...
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Cliffjumper wrote: It's a real shame, isn't it? I was kinda hoping his appearance in RotF would somehow lead to one coming out, but no, we get the bloody plane Prime jumps out of at the start, don't we? Bloody geniuses this lot.
Yeah. Stratosphere kinda bugs me out... A plane that Prime jumps out of warrants a Voyager size class, but someone like, say, Scrapper or Alice didn't even get a proper Deluxe/Voyager toy? (At least there's still legends...)

I'm really hoping for a Voyager class Bonecrusher...
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Cliffjumper wrote: It's a real shame, isn't it? I was kinda hoping his appearance in RotF would somehow lead to one coming out, but no, we get the bloody plane Prime jumps out of at the start, don't we? Bloody geniuses this lot.
I was hoping the same thing. Though I was fearing a repaint/reissue was all he'd get. Of course, he didn't even get that.

And yeah, I never got Stratosphere. Just didn't grab my attention.
I must say this is really well done - the best bit is that you don't notice the size discrepancy until you're meant to.
I'm really glad that effect worked. I was a little worried that those of us that knew the size difference already wouldn't be able to get past our own knowledge and see it in the frames regardless.