Did someone cut a car and made a G1 transformer?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Goran
Protoform

Did someone cut a car and made a G1 transformer?

Post by Goran »

Just curious. :)

...Searched it on the web a bit - couldn't find it, so I ask here.

I mean - suppose you find some old car (probably on the scrapyard) but intact (or you combine parts from more cars of the same model), cut it into parts corresponding to some G1 character transformation scheme, then make a robot construction (add joints, weld it all up) and then put the car parts on it so it really can be, let's say, rearranged into car and back to robot.

Did someone already did such project? (cause I would like to see some pictures) :)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I've seen cars in Transformer decos (indeed, someone round my town has a car with Barricade "Punishment and Enslave" stuff all over it), and I've seen large statues and models of robot modes but I've never seen one that could potentially turn into the other.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

Goran
Protoform

Post by Goran »

Yea', that's nice: thanks; a video where they 'rearrange' it would be interesting to see, but it seems there's none...

...Something like that, but with reinforced car-shell (something pasted on the insides of the car-shell parts (something sticky - maybe carbon fiber and resin) - something tough and hard enough) so it doesn't buckle, and with robot construction made entirely from steel with parts which really move (rotate, elongate etc.) - no tricks (like unscrewing off the arm to transform it)

Well - maybe even anatomically fully functional like the real thing - enough to put motors in it and means of control and -look- it's alive! :)

(I mean - nothing stops a skilled team to make it -- currently there's no technology to run it, but, hell, they can certainly make it) :D
borg72

Post by borg72 »

so basically you just want an actual transformer then? there's a reason it's science fiction when the best bipedal bot in reality is Asimo...
Goran
Protoform

Post by Goran »

borg72 wrote:so basically you just want an actual transformer then? there's a reason it's science fiction when the best bipedal bot in reality is Asimo...
...well, noone really needs to make it public, so... who knows... maybe there is a better one in existence on this Earth. (digression)

As I said - it doesn't have to have motors built in -- and joints are not too hard to work-out...
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

i remember way back when in 1995 that i saw a magazine and someone had taken a 1957 chevrolet bel air two door and made it into a full sized Optimus Prime. I can't remember the magazine for the life of me though since that was so long ago sadly.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
windsweeper
Protoform

Post by windsweeper »

4 or 5 years ago, I saw an article in the paper about some guy who converted a van to transform and stand up. Not the best looking bot mode but still cool.

Wish I had a link.