San Diego Comic-Con Coverage

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

According to his blog Furman's doing one of the others (though no clues as to what). Perhaps the third will be by McCarthy and all three will compete to see who can piss on the others work the most?

I do like how they phrase "For the first time in years" bit, technically true but four years is hardly as long a period of time as they're making out is it? Plus with the almost continuous stream of comics put out by IDW I'm sure a lot of more casual peeps won't have noticed there hasn't been a ongoing in that time.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

inflatable dalek wrote:According to his blog Furman's doing one of the others (though no clues as to what). Perhaps the third will be by McCarthy and all three will compete to see who can piss on the others work the most?
I don't know, so far, McCarthy hasn't been announced. Nick Roche and Zander Cannon appear to be handling the other two - Transformers: Bumblebee and Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers.
http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/751/

I'm rather pleased that Roche is working on the Wreckers story.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

IDW's work has been an ongoing disappointment. RDRR!

Yeh, Tom died about three years ago, this is just a simple Bot.
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

Glad to see the back of Shane McCarthy given how dreadful AHM was. Chuffed that Nick has the Wrecker's book and looking forward to it.

Mike Costa might make a decent fist of the ongoing, what I've read of his has been pretty good.

Andy
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Better photos of the Hasbro panel slides:
http://www.allspark.com/index.php?set_a ... php&page=1

In case someone is asking, Hasbro traditionally do allow these photos to be taken at SDCC.

Also, movie-style Mighty Muggs of Prime and Bumblebee... And the previously cancelled G1-style Jazz and Shockwave Mighty Muggs. All of them as Diamond Select/Toys'R'Us exclusives.
http://www.mightymuggsforum.com/showthread.php?t=9245
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Coolest thing I saw there was the 25th aniversary Insecticons.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I'm looking forward to the Bumblebee and Last Stand of the Wreckers comics. Whatever happened to 'the Thirteen'? Was it cancelled?
The Joker
Protoform

Post by The Joker »

"You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs"
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

zigzagger wrote:I don't know, so far, McCarthy hasn't been announced. Nick Roche and Zander Cannon appear to be handling the other two - Transformers: Bumblebee and Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers.
http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/751/
I wonder what the Furman project is then? Assuming they're not just humouring the crazy old man. Do we take the "best jumping on point in years" comment as acknowledgement that AHM basically failed in its main goal?
I'm rather pleased that Roche is working on the Wreckers story.
Yep, though the wording is confusing, it's both concurrent with the main title and foreshadowing it. I wonder if it'll be what broke the Wreckers up before AHM?
Cliffjumper wrote: Yeh, Tom died about three years ago, this is just a simple Bot.
You're not unlike the average TF comic writer then. ZING!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

The animated figures all look great! I'm very interested in Bludgeon as well, it looks like they are finally going to do it right. But, am I the only one confused by the inclusion of Lockdown in the movie line? Not the name so much mind you, but the fact that he looks more or less like his animated counterpart, just movie-ized. Looks cool though!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

**** all this, Marvelman's coming back.

Holy shit, we might get a film out of that...
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

inflatable dalek wrote: Yep, though the wording is confusing, it's both concurrent with the main title and foreshadowing it. I wonder if it'll be what broke the Wreckers up before AHM?
Going by what might be cover art, I'd hazard a guess it takes place before AHM (note Perceptor and Kup in the group shot). Well, assuming the Wreckers didn't go their own sweet way following AHM #12.

Is that Guzzle in the upper-left corner? Neat.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Damn! I was just about to mention the Guzzle bit.

Furman's working on some movie thing isn't he? Transformers: Nefarious I seem to recall. It sounds like he's dusting off that old gem, the Machination story, for this one.
(http://tformers.com/transformers-simon- ... /news.html)
San Diego, CA (July 23, 2009) – The new TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN movie has already hit theaters but the saga continues with IDW’s new miniseries,TRANSFORMERS: Nefarious. Scripted by Simon Furman with art by Carlos Magno, this six-issue series follows a shadowy organization with devious designs on the TRANSFORMERS.

“The latest TRANSFORMERS movie added several very cool elements to the tapestry—SOUNDWAVE and RAVAGE being my favorites—and we’re keen to explore them,” said Andy Schmidt, IDW’s TRANSFORMERS editor. “Our story tracks a new organization with ‘nefarious’ designs on the robots in disguise. Their technology gives them a tactical advantage not yet seen in the films.”
Shine on you crazy diamond!
Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

Cliffjumper wrote:DEATHPOCALYPSATION!!!!
Consider that stolen for the title of the film I may never get around to writing. :up:
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Terome wrote:Damn! I was just about to mention the Guzzle bit.

Furman's working on some movie thing isn't he? Transformers: Nefarious I seem to recall. It sounds like he's dusting off that old gem, the Machination story, for this one.

Shine on you crazy diamond!
That was my first thought when I read the info. Here go the Machination again. Pity we've been there.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Does anyone have a legitimate picture of a Booth Babe I could use for a banner? I don't want to copyright infringe, but I would give you photography credits.
DeathToLimes
Protoform

Post by DeathToLimes »

Okay, call me retarded, but can anyone explain what it means when it says Mindwipe is compatible with starstalker? They combine or something?
borg72

Post by borg72 »

presumably the scout clips on to the voyager somehow, possibly with some kind of deployment feature (or not). either that or it has some kind of third targetmasterish mode. one or the other.

I do like the increased interaction between figures of late (by which i mean things that have been prescribed in, rather than just having same-sized postholes etc). legends prime/jetfire was a nice addition, as is the mention of deluxe movie ratchet and lockdown having some kind of directly interchangeable weaponry, a la the EMP thingamajigger from animated.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

"This is the first ongoing TRANSFOMRERS series for IDW, and there's a good reason to do it now
Last chance saloon?
ongoing TRANSFOMRERS series
so CYBERTON-shattering
TRANSFORMERScreator
Ooh! Ooh! It's going to involve the inauguration of spell-checking software?
"This is the best jumping on point for new comics or TRANSFORMERS fans in years.
Is the AHM publicity on echo?