Stan Bush touches The Touch, loses the touch

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
toyworks

Post by toyworks »

At 0:47... what is he doing? Being pensive? Lost in thought? Brain dead? :sick:

Even overlooking Stan's incredibly dated vocal style and rap-boy being a Shinoda knockoff, the constantly-smirking guitarist totally negates what little credibility there may have been.

Just let it go, Stan...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Yup, having now made it through the whole video whilst showing my brother, they do indeed just ram the trailer behind him at the end. the fact no one bar Notabot noticed my earlier error shows how few of us have managed to get that far.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Says a little something about me, though, too. I'm so ashamed.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Poor Stan. Maybe he should stick to his hair-metal-ballad-whatever-you-call-it . . .
borg72 wrote:vince dicola has done something similar with his song, 'bound and gagged' (which is much better than this, imo).

because googling 'bound and gagged' isn't an option for everyone
:/ Not particularly great either. I guess it's enough that he's trying a new song.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

That can't possibly be a real video. Someone's taking the piss. I mean, that's Uri Geller rapping in there. And Stan's dressed as a child molester trying to pick up teenage boys at a Green Day gig.

No, actually, wait, I remember how completely unaware the original promo clip was. That's Stan the Man with a Single Plan alright. Is anyone aware of another single serious professional musician who's quite so dependant on a song they made for a poorly-received feature length toy commercial?

I made it to 1:07, incidentally. No song has ever sucked for 1:07 and turned out to be good, and I doubt Stan Bush is the man to change that.

EDIT: Hahahahaha, I forgt about the laser-firing guitar! What a buffoon... It's the way he genuinely seems to believe it all...
Preda

Post by Preda »

Well,I think we have to look at this as a whole new song that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the original....which,to be honest,sucked as well,but hey,it's epic.This new song is....new.It has everything a modern pop song should have,but no,that's not a good thing.

The rap part is awkward and poor,and I don't know why Stan Bush has to sing to chorus with that voice.The guy with the guitar is...creepy.I hope they don't make it to the score,but to be honest,even if this all sounds bad,I heard worse songs in the past.But it's still bad.
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Old news, but at least last time around he tried with a different song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBVJzway ... re=related
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

zigzagger wrote:I just couldn't finish watching it.

Yep... Me too...

"Is anyone aware of another single serious professional musician who's quite so dependant on a song they made for a poorly-received feature length toy commercial?" - Cliffjumper

And quoted for pure hilarity...
it's funny cause it's true.
Come on and wind me up.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

For reasons known only to the über-geeks at Apple, I can't watch it on my iPod. I was able to listen to part of DiCola's tune. I think it'd work better without the vocals. Dude sounds like he's in pain...
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

S_Windell wrote:Old news, but at least last time around he tried with a different song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBVJzway ... re=related
This one actually has potential... until he starts singing. It's like Stan's the King Midas of cheese.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

It's still not as bad as the song he did for Sailor Moon.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Notabot wrote:This one actually has potential... until he starts singing. It's like Stan's the King Midas of cheese.
Yes, some of the music on that one is pretty decent. I think the most 'pathetic' thing about his updated 'Touch' is the, "well, seems like the kids today like the Linkin Park..." attempt it seems to be.
Springer145

Post by Springer145 »

S_Windell wrote:Yes, some of the music on that one is pretty decent. I think the most 'pathetic' thing about his updated 'Touch' is the, "well, seems like the kids today like the Linkin Park..." attempt it seems to be.
I agree...I still can't quite get over the grinning guitar player - he may in fact be the only one who realizes how stupid it is haha. Does anyone else think he slightly resembles Mike Mushok or whatever the guitar player's name was from Staind?

Xbox 360 gamertag: Skyfall865
borg72

Post by borg72 »

im agreeing with the earlier reference to clive anderson

right down to the smug 'im begging you to slap me round the face with a wet kipper' look
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I dunno, could you keep a straight face with that lot going on?
inflatable dalek

If I was his guitarist I'd probably be crying by the half way mark.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I didn't make it through to the end, but that's because I've got a horrendously underpowered computer. So the picture was pixellated as hell and out of sync, but I thought Stan was ok. I hated the Linkin Park rapping though.

For my money, Mr. Bush is much better here. I'd certainly consider possibly going to see him if he was playing at my local for free and there was nothing good on TV. Really, he's alright.
inflatable dalek

An acoustic version of The Touch sounds so awesome I dare not turn my computer sound on.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Yeah, he's like a cool Chris De Burgh.

I wish he was on those 80's gig's with The Blow Monkeys, Climie Fisher & T'Pau.

I was gutted when my metrodome 2-disc edition of TF:TM didn't come with any Stan Bush video's as funky extras. Made up for luckily by the always excellent commentary by Chris McFeely, but it really would have made for a nice 'touch'.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

3:25, is that a small orgasm or something Mr. Bush?