favorite weapons

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
starlord
Protoform

favorite weapons

Post by starlord »

What were your favorite weapons the transformers had from the series or movies?What kinds of neat weapons can you think of that transformers could use in their battles for the universe?
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
Cybertron

Post by Cybertron »

Megatron's fusion cannon or Galvatron's Energy cannon are the best weapons ever.:D
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

I think the best weapon is their transformation ability.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Astrotrain had a pretty cool one called a Displacer rifle. In my addled mind that meant if it hit you then you would be bodily transferred (mass shifted) to another place. Presumably Astrotrain had a bunch of pre-programmed settings in order to make Swerve appear above a McDonalds or something.

Rather simple, but I would have liked to see Hotspot's Fireball cannon in action.

Also, Jazz and the other Protectobots all carried photon pistols/rifles. At first I thought this was a bit of a cop out on the Protectobots part but I'd like to know just how threatening on a scale of 1-10 a photon pistol is to a Transformer.

Would Vortex mess himself at the thought of being hit by one, as opposed to, say... one of Prowl's acid pellets? And of course, Windcharger's magnetic abilities were pretty godlike, as per his ass whooping of Guardian.

And wasn't Warpath able to shoot multiple types of incendiary from his chest cannon?

Really like Bluestreak's multiple mini-missle splitter things as used in TF UK issue 37.

God there's so much you could say in this thread. It's just a shame they were all reduced to colourful lasers in the TV shows and comics. Though I fully understand what a nightmare it would have been to have depicted each one as per the tech spec. I'm not that much of a muppet!

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Animated Prowls Ninja stars (a Ninja weapon) and most other stuff he can muster, appart from traffic lights.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Movie Wreckage, Blackout, Scorponok and Frenzy because of their wide variety of weapons.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Considering the zero return that Bob Budiansky (I'm assuming it was Bob), got for all these crazy weapons, he never gave up on giving almost each and every one an individual gun. (Note: I don't own every TF and have not read every tech spec. Sure there must be a few that double up. Yes, the Protectobots all carried Photon pistols but they also had other things, usually compressed air cannons that cleaned the hell out of huge Decepticon keyboards and would frighten 'cons fully expecting to tap out an e-mail on a crumb filled workstation).

Good stuff Bob.:)
optimusprme

Post by optimusprme »

optimusprimes power rifle and superions gun and abilities since im also a fan of the arielbots:D

"we are all a little wiser now from the knowledge we accumulate from this moment on" the return of optimusprime
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Never saw Blades use his blades, not even on a facsimile construct!

Oh but what about Impactor and his harpoon? He was like the Transfomer equivalent of a Bionic Commando.

Springer and his Springing power, I enjoyed that when the Wreckers faught Galvatron, Cyclonus & Scourge in that town somewhere in Shropshire.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Big cheer for Impactor's harpoon - I think it was the fact it was so low-tech that made it cool... No null rays or fusion cannons for this chap, he'll just fire an arrah through your face, then drag you close enough so he can just kick whatever's left of you to bits. Never even neded to use the shoulder-cannon, IIRC. A Marvel-accurate Impactor would be my ultimate Universe wish toy.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Yeah, I wondered occasionally what that boxy thing on his shoulder was for. Seeing as he had that slightly old fashioned thing going for him, I wondered whether it was an American style mailbox.

No I didn't, that's a complete lie and I never wondered that until just now. It just didn't matter what that thing did, if only to serve that he wasn't so symmetrical it was enough.

And definitely not old-fashioned in the Ironhide sense. I say that simply because his body and helmet (oo-er!) somewhat resembled that doddery old codger. Impactor was more like a cross between the leader in Auf Wiedershen Pet and Pat Roach, played to the tune of Status Quo's 'In the Army now'.

And he ate meat, and backtalked authority. And just, well, loved a fight. And that's what you want in a Transformer really.

Nowadays I'd happily talk bollocks with Beachcomber but back then, Impactor faught your wars and buillt your prefabs, wi' nowt but a brown sauce bacon butty and steaming mug o' tea at eleven-ish.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it till they do it by one of the G2 Megatron toys would be a piece of piss for Hasbro to rejig into Impactor. They could even get a zombie Impactor out of it as well, how rocking would that be?
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Prowls Acid Pellets were always my favorite.

I like Animated Ratchets magnets too.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

inflatable dalek wrote:... one of the G2 Megatron toys would be a piece of piss for Hasbro to rejig into Impactor. They could even get a zombie Impactor out of it as well, how rocking would that be?
That would be cool, but I'd like to entertain the idea of them doing a proper and unique Impactor mould. I'd rather he didn't transform at all provided he looked as much like Senior/Simpson Impactor as possible.

Zombie Impactor could look similar to one of Sid's deformed toys in Toy Story.

On the other hand I saw on the main site (I think), that some company is doing a full on proper expensive Grimlock mould that'll cost a kidney but come with full articulation, light-up sword and that colander-hat thing he had in Grimlock's new brain.

I'd like to think they could do that for Impactor. Except for the fact that only three people would buy him and they'd lose more kidney's into the bargain. Why haven't OCP taken over old Detroit. This is the future isn't it?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Auntie Slag wrote:That would be cool, but I'd like to entertain the idea of them doing a proper and unique Impactor mould. I'd rather he didn't transform at all provided he looked as much like Senior/Simpson Impactor as possible.
The problem is a comic accurate new Impactor toy would wind up looking pretty much exactly like Hero Megatron with a few modifications. I blame Megatron for shamelessly baseing his new look on Impactor in the first place.
Zombie Impactor could look similar to one of Sid's deformed toys in Toy Story.
Ohhhh, they could do a City of Fear set with a new Broadside with half chewed head. Flame would actually rock as he had a fully realised Transformation they can work with.
I'd like to think they could do that for Impactor. Except for the fact that only three people would buy him and they'd lose more kidney's into the bargain.
I wouldn't actually be surprised if they used the Impactor name (assuming copyright was OK), they've done it with Jhiaxus and there's apparently such a demand for comic-characters-barely-anyone-give-a-hoot-about at Hasbro that IDW are having to invent new ones. They'd probably use it on a Classics Starscream repaint though.

Why haven't OCP taken over old Detroit. This is the future isn't it?
How do you know for sure they haven't? What I feel let down by is that we've wound up with mobile phones instead of one of those futures where there's a video phone booth on every corner.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Astrotrain's weapon is kinda cool.

Megatron's fusion cannon, energon mace and Kremzeek. That last one a weapon?

Megatron/IDW Bludgeon's Lightsaber.

Soundwave's batteries.

Prowl's shurikens.

Animated Swoop's mace.

Any transformer with a schyte. Hell yeah.
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Movie Brawl's guns, because they kicked ass.
He shouldn't have died so quickly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

Auntie Slag wrote: Why haven't OCP taken over old Detroit. This is the future isn't it?
Because of that Pesky Robocop! Ooooh! I hate those Robotic Coppers!

Myself, I think Metroplex had the best weapons. Seriously. Look at the size of those guns. Thats beyond silly.
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

On the topic of silly, Skyblast's energon sword always got a laugh. It's just sofa king big.

I do like Prowl's wheel grinder-y things. They had good shock and WTF? value.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]